@EvenStephen7 Not to me. Most internet gamers seem to have no sense of nuance and poor theory of mind. Xbox gamers seem particularly aggressive (more so these days thanks to Asha Sharma) whereas the typical PlayStation poster comes off as majorly depressed.
Gears of War E-Day story director was laid off today. How does that make sense, especially with all the pressure and expectations upon this new exclusive?
So the pipeline for disc drive hardware is nearly dried up (as detailed in a previous article here), and disc-to-digital was introduced to lessen the blow... but everyone thinks there'll still be a disc drive?
I have 5 Xbox One discs, and out of those only one is supported: Halo 5 (which I don't even remember buying). Everything else is Xbox 360 + 2 OG Xbox discs. Great program...
@Max04 I really haven’t had any issues with PSN, plus my download speeds on PS5 are rock solid compared to my Series X. I get anywhere from 500mbps to 0 on the latter…
@Katiecooh2313 I thought it was obvious, too. Disc-to-digital helps with the few XBone and Series discs I have, but without a way to play 360 and OG Xbox discs I will keep my Series X.
Console and controller both definitely look cool, but for that price it would have to come with an Asha Sharma plushie and handwritten personalized note. And maybe change the startup chime with Asha saying, “This is Xbox!”
@ZombiesEveryWhere Not necessarily Phil, Matt Booty was the Xbox Game Studios manager but didn't really do anything. Why even have managers or studio heads if they don't do anything?
@ZombiesEveryWhere Not really? I’m saying the people in charge of the studios could’ve provided guidance or steered them in a better direction. AKA doing their job.
@swedetrap @ZombiesEveryWhere I'm not talking about Microsoft or Xbox dictating what studios make but rather that the people in charge take some kind of responsibility per their positions. Phil telling everyone to do whatever they wanted because GamePass would pay for it all didn't help, either.
I'm not one to dogpile on devs like a lot of other internet commenters do because, most of the time, there are people in positions of authority with the ability to intervene.
@ZombiesEveryWhere Publishers set game prices, not platforms.
The multiple store model won’t work on consoles because the cut of digital sales is significant income for the platforms. Giving your customers a way to not pay you is rarely good business
@ZombiesEveryWhere I doubt we’ll ever see more digital stores on consoles because none of them will want to give a cut to Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo.
“Locked-down” digital stores (which have been the norm on consoles for multiple generations and are only now problematic, apparently) also have the benefit of directing more money to devs and publishers. People complain about studios going under but try to give them as little financial support as possible through bargain bin discs and other methods. Quite entertaining to think about.
@Exerion76 Seriously, so many people over there have gone off the deep end since July. I might have to start cleaning up my act here so I can take refuge
Comments 105
Re: Xbox Boss Suggests Project Helix Won't Be The Only Next-Gen System From Microsoft
“This is an Xbox” v2?
Re: Despite How Amazing Xbox Disc To Digital Is, There's Some Sadness Around Forza Horizon
No Forza and no 360 games makes it useless for me
Re: Roundup: Here's What The Critics Have To Say About Gears Of War: E-Day
Looks like everyone except The Guardian forgot to apply the Xbox Tax
Re: Gears Of War E-Day Release Date, Release Times & Everything You Need To Know On Xbox & PC
Let’s hope the devs aren’t laid off before getting bonuses. There’s a lot of worry about that, I’m reading.
Re: Xbox Boss Acknowledges Competition With Sony, But Says Collaboration Can Exist As Well
@EvenStephen7 Not to me. Most internet gamers seem to have no sense of nuance and poor theory of mind. Xbox gamers seem particularly aggressive (more so these days thanks to Asha Sharma) whereas the typical PlayStation poster comes off as majorly depressed.
Re: Report: Xbox Studio 'Rare' Working On Various Projects, But Activision Will Decide Their Future
@Banjo- Well they tried with Everwild but that got canned, so…
Re: Devs From The Coalition, World's Edge, And Other Xbox Studios Confirm Layoffs
Microsoft 101. Buy companies and IP, gut them, move on, repeat.
Re: Xbox Announces Four Major Studio Changes And Cuts 286 Jobs
Removed
Re: Xbox Announces Four Major Studio Changes And Cuts 286 Jobs
@Banjo- Those types game on PlayStation but hate Sony more than people here do, so they want the competition to do well
Re: Xbox Game Studios Suddenly Looks Very Different In New Fan-Made Infographic
Gears of War E-Day story director was laid off today. How does that make sense, especially with all the pressure and expectations upon this new exclusive?
Inb4 people tell me he deserved it
Re: Talking Point: What Would Seal The Deal For You With Xbox Project Helix?
So the pipeline for disc drive hardware is nearly dried up (as detailed in a previous article here), and disc-to-digital was introduced to lessen the blow... but everyone thinks there'll still be a disc drive?
Re: Spoilers For Three Upcoming Xbox First-Party Titles Revealed In Massive Achievement List Leak
Gee thanks, Steam…!
Re: Clutch Developer Doesn't Want To 'Kill' Forza Horizon, But Improve On Its 'Fairly Weak' Areas
If it doesn’t have Forza Horizon’s cringe it’s already way ahead
Re: Double Fine Reveals First Game Since Leaving Xbox, And It Has 250K+ Views Already
@WhiteAzn "Scam Xbox"
Are you actually serious?
Re: Talking Point: How Many Games Do You Plan To Convert With Xbox Disc To Digital?
I have 5 Xbox One discs, and out of those only one is supported: Halo 5 (which I don't even remember buying). Everything else is Xbox 360 + 2 OG Xbox discs. Great program...
Re: Former Xbox First-Party Title 'Kiln' Receives Permanent Price Drop And Massive New Update
@Gabrie Perhaps Xbox could’ve given them a little push instead of Uncle Phil’s policy of “Do whatever you want because GamePass will fund everything!”
Re: Xbox Live Returns To Normal Following Multi-Hour Server Outage
@Max04 I really haven’t had any issues with PSN, plus my download speeds on PS5 are rock solid compared to my Series X. I get anywhere from 500mbps to 0 on the latter…
Re: Xbox Live Returns To Normal Following Multi-Hour Server Outage
Xbox seems to have the most network/connectivity issues out of the 5 consoles I own
Re: Xbox Fans Begin Creating Disc To Digital Lists For Supported And Non-Supported Games
@ZombiesEveryWhere Could be, but other delisted games like Deadpool work
Re: Xbox Fans Begin Creating Disc To Digital Lists For Supported And Non-Supported Games
None of the delisted Forza games work so far
Re: The Xbox Series X25 Is Now Available To Pre-Order, And Here's Where You Can Buy It
@MTR54 Give it a couple of weeks and start offering MSRP!
Re: 'The Entire Supply Chain Is Collapsing' - Xbox Disc Drive Situation Gets More Awkward
@Katiecooh2313 I thought it was obvious, too. Disc-to-digital helps with the few XBone and Series discs I have, but without a way to play 360 and OG Xbox discs I will keep my Series X.
Re: The Xbox Series X25 Is Now Available To Pre-Order, And Here's Where You Can Buy It
@kuu_nousee Always happens with limited editions. I don’t think this reflects on next gen consoles at all
Re: The Xbox Series X25 Is Now Available To Pre-Order, And Here's Where You Can Buy It
Console and controller both definitely look cool, but for that price it would have to come with an Asha Sharma plushie and handwritten personalized note. And maybe change the startup chime with Asha saying, “This is Xbox!”
Re: Xbox Disc To Digital Announced, Supports Thousands Of Physical Games At Launch
No Xbox 360, no point for me
Re: ROG Xbox Ally X20 Pre-Orders Go Live Today, Release Date & Prices Revealed
Almost as much as my other consoles combined
Re: Two Former Xbox Studios Confirm Their Independence And Plans For The Future
@ZombiesEveryWhere It's management's fault because they are ultimately responsible for the studios they oversee.
Re: Two Former Xbox Studios Confirm Their Independence And Plans For The Future
@ZombiesEveryWhere Not necessarily Phil, Matt Booty was the Xbox Game Studios manager but didn't really do anything. Why even have managers or studio heads if they don't do anything?
Re: Two Former Xbox Studios Confirm Their Independence And Plans For The Future
@ZombiesEveryWhere Not really? I’m saying the people in charge of the studios could’ve provided guidance or steered them in a better direction. AKA doing their job.
Re: Two Former Xbox Studios Confirm Their Independence And Plans For The Future
@swedetrap @ZombiesEveryWhere I'm not talking about Microsoft or Xbox dictating what studios make but rather that the people in charge take some kind of responsibility per their positions. Phil telling everyone to do whatever they wanted because GamePass would pay for it all didn't help, either.
I'm not one to dogpile on devs like a lot of other internet commenters do because, most of the time, there are people in positions of authority with the ability to intervene.
Re: Two Former Xbox Studios Confirm Their Independence And Plans For The Future
@swedetrap Maybe some of the higher-ups could’ve pushed them and actually managed their studios instead of doing nothing?
Re: Microsoft Announces New 'Xbox Gear' Merchandise Including Tees, Hoodies & Hats
Waiting for the Asha Sharma graphic T-shirt
Re: Xbox To Announce Ori 3 At Gamescom? Moon Studios CEO Reckons It's 'Nonsense'
Hopefully Moon can buy the IP back
Re: Xbox Series X25 Price & Release Date Details Are Starting To Leak Out
The play here is to get a copycat shell from AliExpress for a fraction of that price
Re: Xbox CTO Issues Brief Statement On GTA 6 Leaks
@InterceptorAlpha Where did I say it’s okay for companies to break laws? Please don’t get too upset at imaginary arguments, it’s not healthy!
Re: Xbox CTO Issues Brief Statement On GTA 6 Leaks
@BacklogBrad You might not call it blackmail, but a court most likely would.
And so much for PureXbox not being as pro-crime as PushSquare...
Re: Even Microsoft Now Appears To Be Getting Involved In The GTA 6 Leaks
@BacklogBrad Extortion/coercion, blackmail, network intrusion, and computer fraud are far more serious than what you listed. 🤓
Re: Even Microsoft Now Appears To Be Getting Involved In The GTA 6 Leaks
@BacklogBrad Crime is crime. Personally, this hacktivist shilling crypto is worse than the leaks, but they are, regardless, criminal.
Re: Even Microsoft Now Appears To Be Getting Involved In The GTA 6 Leaks
@BacklogBrad Blackmail is still a crime with a victim, last time I checked
Re: The Blood Of Dawnwalker Has Two Performance Modes On Xbox Series X, But No 60FPS
Time for Xbox’s superior VRR to shine??
Re: Even Microsoft Now Appears To Be Getting Involved In The GTA 6 Leaks
Hoping that PX isn’t as pro-criminal as PS
Re: Silent Hill: Townfall Confirmed As Timed Exclusive, Will Likely Hit Xbox
So when can I expect Routine and Replaced to break Xbox exclusivity?
Re: Xbox Reportedly Makes Up Less Than 5% Of US Physical Sales In 2026
@ZombiesEveryWhere Publishers set game prices, not platforms.
The multiple store model won’t work on consoles because the cut of digital sales is significant income for the platforms. Giving your customers a way to not pay you is rarely good business
Re: Xbox Reportedly Makes Up Less Than 5% Of US Physical Sales In 2026
@ZombiesEveryWhere I doubt we’ll ever see more digital stores on consoles because none of them will want to give a cut to Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo.
“Locked-down” digital stores (which have been the norm on consoles for multiple generations and are only now problematic, apparently) also have the benefit of directing more money to devs and publishers. People complain about studios going under but try to give them as little financial support as possible through bargain bin discs and other methods. Quite entertaining to think about.
Re: Xbox Reportedly Makes Up Less Than 5% Of US Physical Sales In 2026
Removed
Re: Five New Console Features Begin Rolling Out Today For Xbox Insiders (August 19)
Took them 6 years, but wishlists finally update themselves for purchases!
Re: Xbox 25th Anniversary Controller: Release Date, Price & Other Details Seemingly Revealed
I’d love to have this, but I can’t stand that textured plastic
Re: Control Resonant Goes Gold, But Delays Physical Version By A Few Weeks
@Exerion76 Seriously, so many people over there have gone off the deep end since July. I might have to start cleaning up my act here so I can take refuge
Re: Rumour: Xbox Could Have A 'Pretty Big Surprise' Lined Up For Gamescom 2026
Quantum Break 2
Re: Samson Developer Confirms September Release Window For Xbox Series X|S
I wish people didn’t obsess over reviews and MetaScores and just focused on having fun