It’s crazy that current gen will be 7 years old next year. The PS4/XB1 era seemed to just go on forever, however this generation feels like it’s just now getting started 6 years in.
The plot twist is that Microsoft hoarding components for Project Helix is actually causing the shortage…
Anonymous sources have become breeding grounds for driving false narratives while hiding behind “journalistic integrity” of not revealing a source. Someone can say whatever they want, with zero evidence, and they can be cited as a source.
I also think it’s laughable how many attacks have been slung Xbox’s way that are all conjecture. The story about them “wanting to put ads before boss fights” is a great example of this.
Seems like the kind of thing PX could take a stand on and call out when it happens, but this site also seems content with the unwarranted mud slinging.
The video you guys’ embedded isn’t entirely accurate. Ashes to Ashes wasn’t the launch trailer for Gears 3, it was the follow up Dust to Dust (best launch trailer btw).
#2 is simplicity. I turn on my PC after being away for 2 days and there’s 10 things that need to be updated and a restart I have to do. If it’s a console/PC hybrid I’d love to avoid all of that.
#3 is ultrawide support since I have a very nice ultrawide 1440p monitor currently not being used
#4 simple form factor. Xbox already does this but please nothing that looks like the PS5
#5 accessory support. Other controllers, Razer accessories, stuff like that being usable day 1
Kind of a pipe dream to hope for all of this right out the gate but hey 🤷♀️
I’ve been enjoying it so far. Started a fresh character and got to level 26. My wife likes to watch me explore people’s camps (some are extremely well done).
Yeah Tim Schafer questioning why anything didn’t work out is quite ironic…
Movies/TV shows =/= video games
Most people expect to spend many hours with AAA games and want ownership, GP doesn’t provide that. Netflix is aimed at a much broader audience who couldn’t care less about owning movies/TV shows and just want to watch them.
It’s not representative of where things are heading… and I’d bet a large amount of my salary Xbox is very aware of this and is going to put forward some kind of product to continue support for physical games beyond the Series X.
As others have said, Sony has handed them, and Nintendo, a massive free PR win by announcing they’re no longer supporting physical games beyond 2027.
Making a detachable disc drive for Project Helix shouldn’t be a massive mountain for them to scale, and will likely draw in many people like myself who haven’t really touched the XBOX brand in years.
Been (unfortunately) an IGN peruser for almost 20 years now. Their reviews and the numbers attached haven’t meant anything in a very long time. They’ve been open that politics play a role
Actually played the first Halo pre-release. We grew up in WA in an almost exclusively Microsoft employee neighborhood and yeah, the people a few houses down from us had an Xbox/Halo prior to it being available.
Also remember demoing it well prior to it’s release at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle although that was a different experience entirely.
Comments 20
Re: Specs For The Elusive Xbox Elite Series 3 Controller May Have Leaked
Was hoping for a built in mic. That and the touch pad on the PS5 controller are great.
Re: Xbox Project Helix Faces More Challenges As Micron Warns Of RAM Shortages Into 2028
It’s crazy that current gen will be 7 years old next year. The PS4/XB1 era seemed to just go on forever, however this generation feels like it’s just now getting started 6 years in.
The plot twist is that Microsoft hoarding components for Project Helix is actually causing the shortage…
Re: Xbox's Jason Ronald Provides Cryptic Tease When Asked About The Return Of FPS Boost
I mean… I don’t know if it’s possible but I’d love to see Fables 1 & 2 get fps boost support. I recently re-bought both for like $5 each
Re: Gears Of War: E-Day Now Has Its Own Pizza, And It Even Comes With A Special In-Game Item
Imagine paying $60 for a pizza cutter tho 🤦
Re: Xbox CSO Issues Response To Report About GTA 6 Sales Being 'Heavily Skewed' Towards PS5
Anonymous sources have become breeding grounds for driving false narratives while hiding behind “journalistic integrity” of not revealing a source. Someone can say whatever they want, with zero evidence, and they can be cited as a source.
I also think it’s laughable how many attacks have been slung Xbox’s way that are all conjecture. The story about them “wanting to put ads before boss fights” is a great example of this.
Seems like the kind of thing PX could take a stand on and call out when it happens, but this site also seems content with the unwarranted mud slinging.
Re: Poll: Which Gears Of War Launch Trailer Is Your Favourite?
The video you guys’ embedded isn’t entirely accurate. Ashes to Ashes wasn’t the launch trailer for Gears 3, it was the follow up Dust to Dust (best launch trailer btw).
Re: Talking Point: What Would Seal The Deal For You With Xbox Project Helix?
#1 is a disc drive.
#2 is simplicity. I turn on my PC after being away for 2 days and there’s 10 things that need to be updated and a restart I have to do. If it’s a console/PC hybrid I’d love to avoid all of that.
#3 is ultrawide support since I have a very nice ultrawide 1440p monitor currently not being used
#4 simple form factor. Xbox already does this but please nothing that looks like the PS5
#5 accessory support. Other controllers, Razer accessories, stuff like that being usable day 1
Kind of a pipe dream to hope for all of this right out the gate but hey 🤷♀️
Re: Here's What Fallout 76's Native Current-Gen Upgrade Looks Like On Xbox Series X|S
I’ve been enjoying it so far. Started a fresh character and got to level 26. My wife likes to watch me explore people’s camps (some are extremely well done).
Re: World Of Warcraft Might Be Coming To Console As New Xbox 'Controller Support' Revealed
It only makes sense now that they’ve moved to an add-on-less version of the game. That was the biggest hurdle in bringing it to console.
We all know the comments Ian made earlier this year, but that was prior to Asha taking over.
Re: Tim Schafer Talks 'Great Experience' At Xbox, But Questions Why Game Pass Wasn't More Successful
Yeah Tim Schafer questioning why anything didn’t work out is quite ironic…
Movies/TV shows =/= video games
Most people expect to spend many hours with AAA games and want ownership, GP doesn’t provide that. Netflix is aimed at a much broader audience who couldn’t care less about owning movies/TV shows and just want to watch them.
Re: Xbox Is Officially Taking Over From PlayStation On Hideo Kojima's New 'PHYSINT' Game
I mean I’ve owner every console since the PS1 era but boy Sony is really making me not want to give them money anymore 🙂↕️
Re: Talking Point: Are You Diving Into The Modern Warfare 4 Open Beta This Weekend?
Yes. I enjoyed the campaign mission and I played 2 games of multiplayer. Had a fun time. Just a shame it launches so close to E-Day
Re: Xbox Reportedly Makes Up Less Than 5% Of US Physical Sales In 2026
It’s not representative of where things are heading… and I’d bet a large amount of my salary Xbox is very aware of this and is going to put forward some kind of product to continue support for physical games beyond the Series X.
As others have said, Sony has handed them, and Nintendo, a massive free PR win by announcing they’re no longer supporting physical games beyond 2027.
Making a detachable disc drive for Project Helix shouldn’t be a massive mountain for them to scale, and will likely draw in many people like myself who haven’t really touched the XBOX brand in years.
Re: Fallout 76 Gets Free Xbox Series X|S Upgrade In September
Nice. I just bought a year of gamepass essential so I’m looking forward to playing this again 👍
Re: Talking Point: What Was The First Gears Of War Game You Ever Played?
Played the first pretty close to when it launched. I remember seeing the Mad World commercial and being pumped to get an Xbox 360.
Re: Roundup: Here's What The Critics Are Saying About Halo: Campaign Evolved
Been (unfortunately) an IGN peruser for almost 20 years now. Their reviews and the numbers attached haven’t meant anything in a very long time. They’ve been open that politics play a role
Re: Talking Point: What Was The First Halo Game You Ever Played?
Actually played the first Halo pre-release. We grew up in WA in an almost exclusively Microsoft employee neighborhood and yeah, the people a few houses down from us had an Xbox/Halo prior to it being available.
Also remember demoing it well prior to it’s release at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle although that was a different experience entirely.
Re: Longer Gamertags Are Now Available For Everyone, Plus 11 Other New Xbox Features
Honestly would just love a massive overhaul to achievements in general, although all of these are welcome too.
Re: Xbox Game Pass Reportedly Drops To 30M Subscribers, But Has 'Started To Grow Again'
I mean, I plan to cancel my PS+ subscription this week and re-sub to the gamepass essential tier one-year for $80.
I’ve basically used PS+ for nothing but Overwatch for the past year anyways and XBOX has a lot coming soon I know I’ll be playing.
Plus playing Elden Ring right now offline is a little lonely 😔
Re: Two More Xbox Games Are Being Cancelled, Including Perfect Dark
Not totally surprised by the MMO cancellation considering they already own ESO and WoW. Not to mention the genre’s been slowly declining for a while.
Bring WoW to Next-Box and give it a 2nd life!