Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 301 to 320 of 579

Balta666

@Clankylad I did finished and overall is my least favourite in the series by a country mile. Above all I hate the kid. He is designed to do everything wrong every step. Because it the relationship between brothers was never that great and my ending kind of sucked (the kid bailed on me at the last stance and went to live with gramma and grampa wile older brother had to stay on the other side but got the girl in the end at least)

Balta666

@Clankylad in that case I feel I had a better ending than yours . Above all I wanted the older brother to not be incarcerated or dying because he was out in a situation that was not his fault. But as far as I understand there is at least and an ending where the two brothers end together.

In the end I felt the others stories are better told and the characters more compeling (it may be said I don't relate to their struggle but I have lived in foreign countries so I don't think that is it for me)

Lup

My Hero One's Justice and Yakuza 0.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Gamer83

Went back to Ridge Racer 6 after really enjoying RR 2 on PS5 in recent weeks. Quickly reminded why it's one of my favorite racing games of all-time. Really wish the series would return, it was always a visual, audio and gameplay treat. Nothing like a perfect drift around the corners at crazy speeds.

Gamer83

NintendoByNature

Pretty much just halo, but I might dabble in infernax on GP and maybe start P4G

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

I just started infernax and I'm surprised at how authentic it feels for anyone who grew up on the NES. If you're a castlevania or zelda II fan( which I am), you'll no doubt enjoy it. I'm only 45 min in, but its great stuff. I've had it on my WL for switch since it launched, so I was pretty excited to learn it was on GP. And even more excited that it'd actually good.

NintendoByNature

DoomGuy_117

High On Life.

Pretty Hilarious.

DoomGuy_117

Lup

@NintendoByNature

It's really good! I was surprised too. It gets difficult at times but nothing someone who played the old CV games can't handle.

~~~

Playing Hi-Fi Rush right now. Loving it even if I kinda suck at it.

Lup

NintendoByNature

@Lup yea, I'm used to the clunky and chunky gameplay of old CV games, so no problem there. I also downloaded hi fi rush and goldeneye. I'll be playing both of those tonight.

NintendoByNature

Lavalera

@Lup I suck at HiFi Rush as well, but man that game is addicting. I wanted to test it out to see what all the fuss was about and its so great. constantly moving my body on the rhytm. Even though I am in the middle of 2 games already and didn't want to start a new game, but i just can't put it down. SO great to see these kind of passion projects are being released on Xbox. I would love to see more of these "smaller" games like Grounded, Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush.

PSNid: Lavalera

Lup

@Lavalera

I know what you mean. I saw it and needed to try it. Got hooked almost immediately.
Game looks gorgeous, but it's not just that, it's fun. Combat's fun, music's fun, characters are fun.
I'd just put aside everything else for now. Will finish Hi-Fi Rush first and then resume the other stuff.
I'd love to see some more games like this one, as you said.

Lup

Tasuki

Playing GoldenEye of course. I have to say this game looking back is frustrating as hell. I understand that this game is a pioneer in console FPS, and I did play it back in the day but after playing modern FPS games the past few years Borderlands, CoD, Halo, Doom age hasn't been kind to this game. The first level alone has some annoying points. The fact that visibility is so bad in the distance yet enemies can see you and start shooting you as clear as day from the same distance. Then as I am sneaking around taking out guards, one of them hits an alarm in the distance alerting the whole camp to my location. Don't get me wrong I understand game design was what it was back then.

However the Multiplayer is still a blast. Played it for several hours with my son and we were just having fun I can't wait till I have the guys over for some GoldenEye madness.

I also like how the controls feel with the Xbox controller now, more along the lines of modern FPS games, that was one main reason I couldn't get back into it on the N64 that single stick controller just felt wrong with a FPS but again I realized that's what they had at the time.

Overall though I am enjoying my time with it, I just hope they fix the achievements.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

I started up Wo Long last night and played for about an hour. It's a little hard getting used to, but I think I'll manage. Not sure if it's only because it's the tutorial area or not, but im happy there seem to be quite a few checkpoints so progress doesn't get too lost. Flashy combat and the satisfying parry at the right time have been pretty sweet.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

VERY early into Soul Hackers 2, which I just started playing earlier today on PC Game Pass. I actually had major issues when trying to play on my Xbox controller initially, since the camera would go haywire every time I touched the right stick, which made it nigh unplayable. Thankfully, it turns out that closing out of Steam before connecting the controller solved the issue, and everything is working beautifully now.

Immediate thoughts:

• While I was sour this skipped the Switch (and still am), I will admit, it is very nice playing a MegaTen game at 1080p/60. Everything is very detailed. I actually love the little outlines around the 3D models they use for the demons in this game.
  • Almost immediately took to Ringo. Her slightly sarcastic, no-nonsense style of interaction is fun.
  • The character portraits in this are a lot more expressive than I'm used to from other Atlus titles.
  • Deeply amused that this cyberpunk world is watched over by AI waifus. Only in a JRPG, man.
  • It's kinda fun interacting with your demons around the map.
  • The influence of Persona on this game is almost immediately apparent, and it's disappointing. I desperately want to call out my demons to fight alongside me. Instead, they function like equipment.
  • Not being able to negotiate with demons sucks.
  • Don't seem to be able to switch out demons yet. PLEASE tell me you unlock that later in the game. Even casual bro Persona allows you to swap them for your MC.
  • Hard difficulty is a little on the easy side so far. Maybe it gets rougher later on. Just as long as it's not P5R, where you can just sleep through the battles on the highest difficulty setting.
  • The mechanic where hitting weaknesses stacks an attack at the end of the turn seems a little... shallow? Maybe they add layers to it as the game goes on.
  • Why are my demons healing me for free constantly? Is resource management not an element in this game's dungeons?
  • The rapper boss was super cringe, I'm sorry, lmao
  • A little nitpick, but I like watching video game openings when I first boot them up. Unfortunately, Soul Hackers 2 hides the (catchy) opening theme behind two minutes of watching Arrow lazily eat pizza and water his plants for some reason. wtf

That sounds like a lot of complaining, but that's par for the course for a mainline fan when playing anything Persona-adjacent. It's an Atlus JRPG, so I'm sure I'll enjoy myself.

@mousieone

btw, when I used that code you gifted me, it signed up for a second month for free for turning on auto-renewal. Seemed pretty cool, so thought I'd share.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

Quickly got humbled in Wo Long last night and decided its probably not for me 😂. Stinks though since what I did play I really liked. But after dying on the first boss 30ish times, I beat him only to see there's a phase two. I quickly died after and had to start from the beginning instead of the checkpoint. It would've been nice to play through, but I would've quickly gotten burn out. If anyone is a souls fan, I do believe you'd love it. The world is amazing.

@ralizah I'm considering SH2 on GP. Seems similar to a persona, or SMT. Am I off base on that?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature No, it belongs to the same franchise as Persona and SMT. It's more like Persona in the sense that it's a story-driven JRPG that places less emphasis on collecting and developing team of demons. It's more like SMT in the sense that the gameplay centers around battles and dungeon crawling, and downplays the social simulation aspects.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah interesting. I got a teenie bit burned out by the social aspects of P5, so this would be welcomed. Maybe ill give this a DL today and check it out tonight.

NintendoByNature

mousieone

@Ralizah While I was sour this skipped the Switch (and still am), I will admit, it is very nice playing a MegaTen game at 1080p/60. Everything is very detailed. I actually love the little outlines around the 3D models they use for the demons in this game.

(Yeah, it does look very pretty. I still think they can make it work 60fps for Switch; if not 30fps. At least, try to put it on there, unless they are just waiting for Switch 2. Still, P5R? I just feel like the TMS team got a little singed with the TMS Encore release not doing so hot.)

Almost immediately took to Ringo. Her slightly sarcastic, no-nonsense style of interaction is fun.

(Ringo is the Queen, and her rule should be respected. I will hear no differing opinions.)

The character portraits in this are a lot more expressive than I'm used to from other Atlus titles.

(Yeah that's one thing that stands out, but I think that's going to be a theme going forward.)

Deeply amused that this cyberpunk world is watched over by AI waifus. Only in a JRPG, man.

(The Husbandos aren't so bad either... Saizo, of course, especially stands out, and I wanted to hate him.)

It's kinda fun interacting with your demons around the map.
(Bye bye HO!)

The influence of Persona on this game is almost immediately apparent, and it's disappointing. I desperately want to call out my demons to fight alongside me. Instead, they function like equipment.

(It's been compared to Persona 2. But yeah they are equipment, you're only a form of armor actually well I mean you get accessories but they don't really give you help in combat. Fortunately, the comp smith works, but some of the combinations are weird. For instance, you'd think Arrow would be all Pew-Pew, with a little support. Unfortunately due to how the Sabbath system works, you have to use Magic attacks with all the characters. Milady should be your nuke tank but Arrow is the best Ice user. It's weird stuff like that.)

Not being able to negotiate with demons sucks.

(Yeah you are on your own there, I hate demon negotiation. I do like the compromise they did in P5R where you can opt to skip it. It takes up way too much time when it's demons you already have or don't need. I find it very inefficient. Not to mention you really don't want off the street demons, and fusion demons are better. Again, I really don't care about negotiation, it's a waste so I skip it.)

Don't seem to be able to switch out demons yet. PLEASE tell me you unlock that later in the game. Even casual bro Persona allows you to swap them for your MC.

(You can for sure. You only get 1 per fight main demon, but you can summon up 16/8 -I can't remember the full number- in Sabbath with their sabbath attacks)

Hard difficulty is a little on the easy side so far. Maybe it gets rougher later on. Just as long as it's not P5R, where you can just sleep through the battles on the highest difficulty setting.

(You have to download the higher difficulty setting. They made it "DLC", but it's free. Don't ask me why, it's Atlus.)

A little nitpick, but I like watching video game openings when I first boot them up. Unfortunately, Soul Hackers 2 hides the (catchy) opening theme behind two minutes of watching Arrow lazily eat pizza and water his plants for some reason. wtf

(Atlus loves their food)

Sorry this took so long. I was kind of busy this weekend. I really like how they handled their Persona bond system, the apple points, and how you can see directly the points you can up each person depending on how you answer questions. However, that only allows you to unlock a gate in the soul matrix, and you're still forced to do deeper levels in the Soul Matrix to get the skills is kind of annoying. The Soul Matrix really is what destroys this game I think. Anyway, I like that you can pick the skills you get as opposed to it automatically being the skill as in Persona. I think more people playing, aka the Xbox users, is a good thing. However, not being on Switch is a bad thing. The Soul Matrix is hell but I still think with more players more reviews would have assisted in people’s perception of it.

Overall I liked the game.

Edited on by mousieone

mousieone

NoblePanda78

Just finished HiFi Rush. It was on my "bucket list" of games to beat before Starfield releases.

Other games on the bucket list include, but not limited to:
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (canon Shepard)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Atomic Heart
Far Cry 5

And that's just counting the ones on Xbox! It's gonna be tough finishing them while also making time for my multiplayer rotation, but I'm excited for the challenge.

"And that's how Equestria was made!"-Pinke Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic