Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 281 to 300 of 586

Banjo-

Before jumping to Sonic Frontiers, I cleared two playthroughs, Sonic Lost World on Wii U (okay) and Sonic Unleashed on Series X.

https://www.purexbox.com/forums/px_other_gaming/last_game_you...

I'm playing Sonic Colours at the moment. I had already beaten it on Wii 100%, watching videos to find the red coins. I did not particularly enjoy it because of the blurry image quality, flat lightning and 30fps but Sonic Colours Ultimate is Series X/S-aware, which means that it's optimised for Series S and X, even though the logo doesn't appear. On Series X, Sonic Colours run in native 4K at 60fps. I haven't noticed a single drop after three planets cleared and I'm enjoying the game much more now. The image quality has been improved further with new assets and lightning. The controls are more responsive and you can choose between the original and the new soundtrack. The game looks and plays incredibly well and it's a massive improvement over the original game, enhancing not just the graphics but controls and gameplay. Along with Sonic Generations and Sonic Frontiers, it's 100% recommended for Series X.

Banjo-

Lup

I finally got hooked with Yakuza 0. Very fun game. Substories are as crazy as ever, maybe even more, haha.
I need money to complete a substory, so I'm kinda grinding before continuing the main story... Maybe I should just do it.
The only thing I despise with passion is the dancing mini-game substory. That sh#t is hard as hell, even more for a guy that all his life played on Playstation.
Still, it's a great game.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Hayter

Persona 5 Royal, although I dont know if I want to continue after completing the first ingame month. I think I'd rather watch the cinematics on youtube, as I am always afraid to miss out on something and playing after a guide for the most optimal way is pretty damn boring in this game, but you lose out on so much if you dont.

Hayter

Lavalera

@Lup Is it the first Yakuza game you're playing or have you played the others as well?

PSNid: Lavalera

Lup

@Lavalera

I played 4 and 5 on PS3 and the original one on PS2. I can't remember if I played 4 or the original first, but were all great games, especially 5.

Lup

Lavalera

Yeah 5 is in my top 3 favorite Yakuza games. Like a dragon is my nr 1, closely followed by 0 and 5. I played like a Dragon first when it released, so i was late to the party. Loved the game so much that i decided to play all the other games as well. It turned out to be my favorite game series now. Good luck if you decide to play the other ones as well, they can be very addictive.

PSNid: Lavalera

Lup

@Lavalera

Well, you probably played the "remastered/remake" versions of the other ones. Let me tell you something. 4 was great, a lot of fun, but something that really sucked (at least for me) is that the substories didn't have map markers. Holy sh#t I hated that so much. Ended up not doing a lot of those. I've read the remastered versions added them like in 5 or 0, so I really wanna play 4 again.
And yeah, I actually wanna play all the games now. Still thinking if playing Kiwami 1 and 5 again or just jump into the ones that I never played. Love JRPGs so I'll probably love LAD.
It's gonna take a lot of time to play the series, that's for sure.

Lup

Gamer83

I'm at the third island in Sonic Frontiers. Taking my time trying to complete all activities and such on each one so it's taking me longer than most people to play through it. Really enjoyed what I was playing when I first started and I think it's getting even better. Some great boss fights and honestly most of the cyberspace zones, imo, are better than being given credit for. Some of the Green Hill ones are great. Interested to see how I feel when I finally get to the end, so far it's my favorite 3D Sonic after Generations.

Gamer83

Balta666

Have been swapping between Persona 5 Royal (which I am mostly playing this week and currently at the 4th palace), Pentiment (I am enjoying it but have stopped at the end of chapter 1 for a breezer of something else) and Vampire Survivors (this one I was not expecting much but have to say I played it nonstop for quite a few hours, more like a few dozen of hours..., But have reached a point where I have nearly everything unlocked and now have to grind all characters through all stages and that is fairly boring so not sure I will do it)

Ryu_Niiyama

Working down Saints Row. I really like this reboot personally. It feels like 3 but with characters that are mor fun to play as/hangout with. I’m sure this will be the last entry with the new crew thanks to the bad sales but I hope there will at least be some sort of expansion DLC. Especially with the whole Dustmoot plotline. I’ve also really realized that there really is a dearth of single player linear action/adventure games games. I haven’t really played my Xbox much (no tv) and now looking at my unopened games I’m realizing how many open world games I have to fill that slot. Problem is I simply don’t have the free time for all of them.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

crippyd

Just started Gotham Knights after I finished the story on Deathloop. Gotham Knights doesn't feel as coheshive as the previous Batman games and it feels very grindy which isn't fun. I'm very early in the story so I hope it improves a lot.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Balta666

Still going strong on Persona 5 currently at the 7th palace and moving quicker now as the story got more compeling and also I am almost done with social stats. Thankufully last week I went online for a bit and discovered that one characther I was ignoring was fundamental to unlock end game and although it was kind of tight I managed to do it in time. Still not sure If I will need to do a new game plus to unlock everything but I guess I will decide when I get there

Edited on by Balta666

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers,
Since I´ve finished and got the Platinum for the amazing Dad of Boy Winter Edition on my PS5, I can finally continue my Halo franchise playtrough with the last game by 343, Halo Infinite as well as a bunch of indie games on Game Pass. Hopefully, Infinite is a better game than Guardians.
Cheers, stay safe good people and happy gaming to us all

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

Gamer83

@RaZieLDaNtE
I only play the campaigns but in that category I like Infinite a lot better than Guardians, eventhough the story is messed up largely because they had to try and fix what happened in 5. Thought they did an ok job there but it was going to be difficult from the start. The gameplay, however, is great. Could argue it's the best Halo has ever felt and certainly the best 343 has made.

Gamer83

LtSarge

Started playing Grid Legends through EA Play. Absolutely crazy that I can be playing through so many great racing titles for only €4 a month. The service didn't really appeal to me before I started developing an interest for racing games lol.

Anyway, I've played one hour of the main story and it's pretty good actually. Didn't expect a racing game to have a compelling story. I also like how streamlined everything is, at least in the story mode. It just feels overall great to play. I'm definitely hooked on this game and I can't wait to play more.

I also discovered that the game has a traditional career mode. I had no idea about this, I thought it only had a story mode. If I knew that, I probably would've bought the game because it'll most likely take me dozens of hours to finish it if it's like other racing games. It doesn't matter now though because I'll just play through it anyway.

LtSarge

RaZieLDaNtE

@Gamer83 Hi there friend.
Yeah, Halo 5 Guardians story was very weird. You don´t play with Chief as much and there´s a bunch of new characters that I nerver heard or seen, except Buck from ODST. And then I saw a video mentioning how people needed to read books, novels, watch a live action about Spartan Locke and even listen to a podcast.
But I think the bigest gripe for most fans was the marketing campaign for the game. Fans were clearly expecting a proper trowdown with Chief and Locke, not knowing how it would go and we got was kinda underwhelming.
I did enjoy the game for the gameplay and some of the story events, but it didn´t felt like a proper sequel to the story 343 set in Halo 4 wich is kinda sad.
Will probably play Infinite during my Chistmas vacation days, so I can just focus on that.
Cheers, stay safe and have a good one

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

BeyondKnight

Been playing Rainbow Billy thru Gamepass, it's a great game and reminds me of Wind Waker with turn based elements

BeyondKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic