Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 321 to 340 of 584

Tasuki

Not sure I how I missed it but I notice Mortal Kombat 11 is on Gamepass. Never played it, but it's Mortal Kombat and you can't go wrong with Mortal Kombat.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

BookhouseBoy

Got my Series S a few weeks ago and I'm already struggling finding something to play on Gamepass. Played through about half of Halo Infinite and got bored of it, started Hifi Rush and couldn't get into it. HATED Scorn. The only game I've enjoyed so far is High on Life. Feeling like I might get rid of the console if nothing grabs me soon.

Edited on by BookhouseBoy

BookhouseBoy

NintendoByNature

@ActionPanther that stinks. I got mine in December and I've enjoyed my time thus far. I really enjoyed hi fi rush but struggle to find anything else I like on GP. I've mostly used it to play AAA titles that don't make it to switch, and so far, it's filled that gap. I'm thoroughly enjoying the RE games, DMC, etc. I also bought RDR 2 and Psychonauts 2 which I haven't both either of those yet. There's some good stuff on the platform for sure, but GP doesn't have much that intrigues me other than Hi Fi Rush.

NintendoByNature

BookhouseBoy

@NintendoByNature Pretty much, considering that I bought a Series S as a Gamepass machine. PS+ is the better value now purely because their first party lineup is vastly superior so I feel like I'm just wasting my money on Gamepass with nothing to play.

BookhouseBoy

NintendoByNature

@ActionPanther I get it. I'll probably still keep GP for games that are coming out like MLB, redfall, forza, and starfield. Maybe don't resub and just check out the weekly sales to see what strikes your eye.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

Well there is more to the Xbox Series S then just Gamepass, you can purchase games as well. There's alot of Origianl Xbox, and Xbox 360 titles that are available on the MS Store as well as Xbox One and Series X/S games. Buying a Series S just for Gamepass is like saying I am buying a TV just to watch Netflix.

My Backlog

BookhouseBoy

@Tasuki There's not much point in buying third party games for the Series S when I have a PS5 and while it's cool being able to play 360 / OG Xbox games, it's not what I bought a next gen console for. I think it's safe to say that most people buying a Series S will be using it most for Gamepass as it's digital only.

BookhouseBoy

clvr

My latest purchase was actually Battlefield 1.
I'd been eyeing it for a long time and finally pulled the plug, and now I'm playing through the campaign before diving into the MP.
If anyone fancies playing a match or two together, feel free to reply to me here and I will give you my Xbox handle!

Clover.

Tasuki

Played Diablo IV beta this weekend. Posted my thoughts in the main Diablo thread.

My Backlog

Balta666

I should be close to the end of Kingdom hearts final mix (at least I think so but how long to beat has it at another 5h or so).
The game is definitely cluncky, the gameplay is far from my favourites and the use of items is nearly impossible as the action does not slow down when using menus but regardless I am having fun with it

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers;
As of now I am currently playing Wo Long, but it´s not grabing me like the Ni-Oh games did, as well as Guilty Gear Strive, even though I have the game on my PS5, but it´s on Game Pass and I´m enjoying getting all the achievements again.
I also tried quite a few Game Pass games, and I was was thinking I should either play Edge of Eternity or Hi-Fi Rush or maybe I should just go back to play more Forza Horizon 5.
Cheers, stay safe folks and happy gaming to us all

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki I've been playing too. I haven't bought the show since 16 or so. I just started doing the road to the show and I can't for the life of me fully grasp being a SS throwing to any base. I literally cant do it for some reason. It's been a good while so maybe I'm just not with the times anymore. But, I can't think of a more confusing, and convoluted way of having to throw a ball in a video game. I've made 1 successful throw to a base in the 7ish games I've played in road to the show. I have to clearly be missing some key detail here. I'll keep trying but it's very frustrating.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

Finished Kingdom hearts after some really hard fights!!! And interestingly enough the worst parts were not with the bosses itself but with gangs of very agro Minions (the flyings knights at top). Overall I was happy with the experience and after trying to beat Hades cup for a little bit I realized I would need to grind quite a lot and moved on... To Re: chain of memories and oh Boy how different this is lol. It is strange to mix real time battles with a card system ... this game would shine as turn base, I checked online and it looks like it is the most divisive game in the Collection/(series? ) And it can get quite hard and/or cheesable but I guess I will go back and start it again on easy to avoid frustration later on

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature I haven't started Road to the Show yet, just mainly been playing exhibition games against my son. Looking to start Road to the Show this weekend.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki ok, let me know. It could just be grumpy old me not getting with the times. I used to be an avid mlb buyer, so it just seems overly obstuse to throw a ball if you ask me.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

Gave up on re: chain of memories. Even on easy I was not clicking with the gameplay. It looks to me that the 3d arena does not work as well as the version on GBA (also the enemies look to be way faster). Decided to watch the cutscenes on YouTube instead and later watch 358 over 2 days.
I have now started Kingdom hearts 2 and first impressions are that no one that have not played/watched the other two entries will habe a clube of what is going on lol (I knew that was going to be the case but I am still surprised...)

Edited on by Balta666

Tasuki

Started up the Story Mode for Mortal Kombat 11 and has fighting game story's go I am enjoying this one. It's alot of fun and an interesting chapter in the MK Saga. Funny thing is it's making me want to go back and play the other MK games.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic