Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,430

mousieone

@NEStalgia well when I was trying to use QR at launch it crashed the game so that’s better. Look I think it’s something the dev has to add by choice and Bandai like only did for SN and Taino. It works really well with Taiko. I have theories but anyway.

mousieone

NEStalgia

@mousieone I think MS needs to really do some major work on it. Maybe it can't work for everything but for games it doesn't work on, an X1/PS style suspend would be a better option. And having a QR unfriendly game really shouldn't be able to prevent remote control/remote play from turning on the console without waking up to it. QR is the best feature but the problems it can cause are nasty.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Balta666 It depends, on the game mostly. There are some it's absolutely solid, most it's not. But yeah, and that's sad, that's the main feature. Switch, you never have to worry about save points, it just suspends and almost never fails. X1 and PS4/5 with the power on suspend work fine, except if there's a power flicker so it's reasonably reliable. QR is the answer to all that, and they don't allow normal suspend, so it's sad that it so often fails. And a game like Yakuza 0 it's a royal pain not working, because that's a game you can go an hour or more between saves. If you just want to play for 20 minutes you simply can't. In a way, it's better on X1 where it really just suspends.

But QR being dodgy is one thing. Preventing remote play/power on is another. A bad QR shouldn't mess with system power states.

NEStalgia

Lavalera

@NEStalgia It seems like you have a totally different experience with Quick Resume than i have. I think in the time i have my series S (since launch) i only encountered problems on 2 games (not counting the games where you have to reconnect to the online services) where it crashed after a while once i restarted it after a QR and that's it. And for over a year my Xbox was my only console i played on and had 4 game on QR most of the time.
The suspend function on Ps5 for instance isn't perfect either. Most of the time it works fine, but i also had several save desync issues between local and cloud after restarting a game (being the worst with Horizon Forbidden west, where i had to resync the save files and even rebuild my ps5 database once).
So yeah in my personal experience there isn't much difference in stability of the functions

PSNid: Lavalera

NEStalgia

@Lavalera It's definitely game dependent. I do have games that pretty much never falter. I think I just have terrible luck picking ones that don't behave well. For sure the worst 2 are Yakuza 0 and Tales of Arise. The former tends to just crash/lose the QR, but the remote play problem is more troublesome, and you absolutely can't rely on it for progress, it only works maybe 1/2-3/5 the time. And arise was a guaranteed hard lock after every QR once it hits a storyboard. I've definitley had a lot of other iffy QR experiences, but there are also a number that aren't iffy.

Yeah, you're right about save desync. I've had that happen with a few games on PS5 and never even considered it had to do with suspend (never once had that issue on PS4...) R&C and Kena both did that do me multiple times. I think they might be the only two games, but everything else I think was PS4 native BC games so that may not mean much. That's an annoying issue to resolve.

It's weird, I get QR not working since it's a new way of doing it, but PS5 suspend isn't doing anything PS4 didn't do, but I never had trouble with it on PS4.

NEStalgia

Lavalera

@NEStalgia yeah it's especially annoying if it happens in games which don't auto save regurarly like Yakuza 0 indeed. To bad the crashes happen sometimes, in theory it's a genius function when it's working as intended. Let's hope for you future games you'll play have less issues, but I think with newer games we should have less problems since developers can now build around it

PSNid: Lavalera

NEStalgia

@Lavalera Definitely! It's still the best feature on XB, and it's why I opt to remote play on the XSS rather than cloud stream from GP, because QR. Which sounds great, except for when it doesn't work, or blocks remote play entirely when it fails

NEStalgia

Lup

So I finally got my Series S. It's a lovely console. I'm super happy to be honest. Having Game Pass it's pretty exciting too. So many games! And as someone who never had an Xbox console, the Gears and Fable are super tempting. But I've been playing a little of everything.

I have a weird question. Is there a really really easy racing game on Game Pass? My mom and I used to play a lot of NFS back in the PS2 era, and those were pretty easy (especially Underground 2) and as the generation kept changing we still would play on the PS2 because I never found anything like that anymore. Not even NFS.
A racing game where you can't get out of the circuit itself would be perfect, but I know I'm probably asking for too much.
I've tried NFS Heat and Forza Horizon (I think it was 4) but even on Easy those are kinda (pretty) hard for her.

Any ideas?

Also, thanks to everyone who responded to me about the Series S! It's an amazing little console and I'm super happy about it.

Lup

Grumblevolcano

August's NSO Expansion Pack game is Wave Race 64 so those expecting Goldeneye 007 to be shadow dropped for Xbox during the Xbox Gamescom stream are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

Ninfan

I see Hideo Kojima who made metal gear, has a totally new game in the making. I think we really need a totally new top class game. And alot more, on any console.🤞🏼

Ninfan

ralphdibny

Ahhhh series X won't shut down. Need to do a full shut down which seems to be renamed to "Shut-down now" in the power options but pressing it has no effect.

Edit: had to button it. Held down the power button and it seemed to do the trick

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

HarmanSmith

@ralphdibny Oooh I feel you, friend. Been there, done that.

Sometimes, the Series X go crazy and it won't shut down. Maybe it is gaining conscience like HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. lol.

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

ralphdibny

@HarmanSmith haha yeah maybe. The screen cap function stopped working, then I couldn't reopen my game. Glad it's ok now!

See ya!

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

NintendoByNature

Alright folks. Im new here to pure xbox, and a have taken a long hiatus from the Xbox brand since the 360. Long time NL member though, so I'm excited to be apart of this community!

I just bought a series s on a deep discount, and I'm not really going to use it until Xmas since it's a gift for the whole family. So far, I did buy battletoads( long time BT fan), RE2 Remake, and I DLd roblox so far for the kids. It's all set up for Xmas day, but prior to then, looking for some must have games/collections for the x/s. Both for me, who's into all genres, and family games.

Also, whats game pass, $15/month? Would I have to purchase online separately or is it all included in a monthly bundle price?

Thank you in advance!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Get Gamepass Ultimate trust me on this. Gamepass will give you so many game choices that it pretty much answers your first question.

Rare Replay is a good choice if you haven't picked that up especially for a Nintendo fan. Also check out Forza Horizon. 4 and 5 are available on Gamepass.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki @Balta666 ok, sounds like I'll have to check out the details on gamepass. Thank you for the replies. Does gamepass include online play or is that still a separate buy?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic