Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,430

HarmanSmith

@NintendoByNature Welcome! And I pretty much agree with what @Tasuki have said. Rare Replay is great, GP has many, many great games.

Also, I don't remember which tier has EA Play (I think is Game Pass Ultimate), but it is a nice plus. The Mass Effect trilogy is there, for example.

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Yeah not having Gamepass is just dumb. I honestly saved more money buy having it then I would not. Also it introduced me to games that I never would have tried. Even if you like a game on Gamepass there's an option to purchase said game for a discount.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki that's great, didn't realize you get discounted games for having game pass. Once we boot up the Xbox Xmas day, I'll grab GP. Oh, and I just bought rare replay since it was on sale for $7.49. Awesome deal! Can't wait for Xmas day with the kids.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Yeah if a game is on Gamepass you can buy it for a discount. Not only that but with Day one options on some games, it's how I played Shredder's Revenge.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

Anyone have a good recommendation on an External hardrive for storing games? 1 or 2 TB.

NintendoByNature

trev666

I just use a 5tb external usb drive

trev666

Meehanuk_1987

@NintendoByNature definitely get gamepass ultimate if you have kids saved me so much money my series x is filled with games my son plays because of gamepass

Meehanuk_1987

Balta666

NintendoByNature wrote:

Anyone have a good recommendation on an External hardrive for storing games? 1 or 2 TB.

are you talking about a seagate storage expansion or a HDD? Right now I have a 1TB HDD where I out all backward compatible games (including Xbox One altough some of these I love to infernal storage when playing to have quicker load times). The seagate's are fairly expensive, if you can buy a 2TB as some of the AAA can easily go 100GB+. I am now thinking about getting the 1TB as I found them at 160€ in one place

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 here's what I saw, but not sure if this would work?

Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD - USB 3.2 Gen 1, Black with built-in green LED bar , Xbox Certified, 3 year Rescue Services (STKX2000400) https://a.co/d/6Anedu3

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

First day experiencing it all since we were saving it to open on Xmas. How does the rare replay thing work? I see the rare icon, then I saw 2 versions of some games on the home menu too that need to be DL'd.

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@NintendoByNature All 360 versions of games need to be downloaded, everything else is on the disc. So basically games like Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Viva Pinata and so on need to be downloaded.

LtSarge

BAMozzy

@Clyde_Radcliffe Not 'usually' but there is almost always games on sale and they tend to change 'weekly'. Also you'll get 'special' sales - like January sales, Publisher sales, Black Friday, Halloween Christmas (which includes Boxing day) but not Boxing Day specifically.

Boxing Day sales are more a UK thing as Christmas isn't the 'Same' in the US. Their 'equivalent' is more Thanksgiving as its not 'religious'. I'm sure they'll have a New Years sale coming up but there are always games on Sale...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

NintendoByNature

Something just started happening with my series s. We just got a new TV for Xmas, and for the first few hours of playing of playing on it everything was fine. Now, I can't get audio to work on the new TV. When in the apps such as Netflix Hulu etc( outside of Xbox homepage and on Google TV homepage), the audio is fine. But it's only in the Xbox homepage and in game. I've restsrted the Xbox, unplugged the TV, went into different hdmi ports, and went into the audio setting of the Xbox. I can't seem to figure out the issue. Any suggestions?

@LtSarge gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic