Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 201 to 220 of 565

ralphdibny

@isturbo1984 sweet, you don't have to rush it on my account or anything! This thread is probably OK for it. I don't think you'll clutter it. There's two threads for completed games already, the Xbox only thread and this one which I guess is a more general thread for multiplatform players. I normally use this thread because I'm multiplat even if I generally do more gaming on Xbox due to game pass and the One X upgrade. But yeah, this one seems to get posted in a lot less so I don't think a page of lists is going to hurt it or anything.

That's some impressive numbers you got there for sure! I'm glad posting my list provided some validation or happiness or whatever 😅. I do like a list too. I actually have a spreadsheet (not by hand but it gets modified with highlighters and extra hand written entries) of PS Plus games that I'm slowly working through. I'll post that at some point and give you a tag too!

I'm not sure either of us love lists more than this guy though 😂:

See ya!

Shigurui

@Balta666 Yeah I get what you mean about Sable's visuals. I liked the art style but I can understand why others wouldn't. If you can get past that there's a fantastic game in there but I'd definitely wait a while as the current performance is completely unacceptable. I contacted the devs about it and they are working on patching it some more.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

isturbo1984

EVERY GAME I PLAYED & BEAT SINCE 2016

Cover + 2021:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

@ralphdibny here we go

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

2020:

Untitled
Untitled

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

This was the year I pushed myself to finish 100 games

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

2018:

Untitled
Untitled

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

2017:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

2016:

Untitled
Untitled

So to answer some questions: These are all of the games I played and beat since I started documenting and actually making a point to finish the titles I pop in. I think this is all of them, if I forgot to write one down then it's lost to time forever. No duplicates or replays, save for one (Chrono Trigger).--I have replayed a quite a few games over the years, but none of them are on the list. These are just new SKUs or versions I've purchased. The only "cheat" you may consider is I count individual games on collection discs and their own entry. I've also played quite a few games that I didn't manage to beat for a variety of reasons, those are also not on the list. Yes, this guy really did right down all these games like a lunatic and take photos of the pages. and finally, tis not my handwriting. That would be the handwriting of my lovely wife.

Edited on by isturbo1984

-Eldin Ring leaks

ralphdibny

@isturbo1984 stunning! I think I'll have to have a proper look through that list tomorrow when I'm at work. I'll probably chew your ear off a bit about some of those games. Weirdly, we seem to have a fair amount in common!

I count individual games on collections as separate entries, definitely! I actually have a lot of replays on my list though. MGS, Uncharted, Splinter Cell come to mind. But even if I played it before the pandemic, if I beat it again from scratch during the pandemic then it made it onto my list. I am thinking of replaying some of my games from the pandemic again now though, such as Hitman and Resident Evil. Not sure if they will make it onto the list for a second time or just get a double tick 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

@isturbo1984

2021 started off roughly the same for us, I played both gears5 and hivebusters too! I think Jedi Fallen Order might have been in the previous year for me however. I also started the Yakuza games on game pass during the pandemic but I believe it was in 2020, could be wrong. I started with Yakuza 0 and I've just started Yakuza 4

In terms of your 2020 games, I did a full playthrough of all the main Doom games as well (including 3 and 64). Doom Eternal ended up being one of my favourite games of the generation. Likewise as did Ori (except I payed Blind Forest, still got WotW to tick off!) Those two and Forza Horizon are easily my favourite Xbox franchises even though the former are multiplatform titles.

I polished off Turok that same year and became obsessed with upgraded N64 titles as it was a system I could never really get into without the nostalgia of owning one at the time. I played Doom 64 and Star Wars Ep1 Racer as well, I've bought a ton more but have yet to play them!

We have a few more commonalities that year but one that I constantly beat the drum on is The Talos Principle. It honestly became one of my favourite games ever and I loved every simultaneously disconcerting and brain bending minute of it. Easily the best first person puzzler in my opinion.

You played a ton of games in 2019 that I haven't even touched but one highlight was The Walking Dead series. Considering I don't even watch the show or read the books, the 4 main game entries just blew me away and became one of my top TellTale games, along with Tales from the Borderlands but for different reasons.

I think your 2017 has a lot of games that I bought or started but didn't get time to finish. I do have a big pile of unplayed purchases from that time unfortunately. Partially due to work and also lack of motivation.

Just Cause 3 was a surprise hit for me on PS Plus. The game really surprised me with just how fun it was to play. Wicked game to be honest!

Sorry, I didn't quite chew your ear off about every game we had in common but I had a good go. Great list and great achievement for you. Very nice and I'm very impressed!

See ya!

isturbo1984

@ralphdibny I'm on Kiwami 2 in my Yakuza journey. Have yet to start it. I bought it on sale just as it was leaving Game Pass... Even though I loved Ori and the Blind Forest, I wasn't that excited for Will of the Wisps. I thought it was going to be Just Ori Again. Boy, was I wrong. I if the first one was similar to a 2D Metroid, I would describe the sequel as a 2D Zelda. Stellar sequel... Turok and Turok 2 were both special to me. I adored them on the N64, but I never finished them. I think that marks the longest comeback for me with something like 25 years before finally finishing a "hard" game, lol. Dark Souls II is another, I set it down and walked away early on and recently came back and defeated it... I LOVED The Talos Principle! Very underrated. The only first person puzzle game that did it better imo was The Witness... I have been a Telltale TWD fan ever since the first game. My no1 favorite Telltale entry however is Wolf Among Us. Can't wait for the sequel, whenever that is going to be. They revealed it like twice... Just Cause 3 was just okay for me, sorry to say. But I enjoyed 4 loads more.

Thank you. And happy gaming!

Edited on by isturbo1984

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

@JohannVanDerSmut Nice. I'm currently at 4. I literally just beat Gear Tactics like 15mins ago. I'm also attempting a FF project. Going to go through all of them. I'm currently playing FFII. Always curious when someone say they are playing or beat a Final Fantasy game if it was their first time. Was FFX your first playthrough of the game or a replay?

-Eldin Ring leaks

ralphdibny

@isturbo1984 ahh the witness is still on my to-play pile! I've still yet to get around to the Wolf Among us too but it's there, in my backlog 😅. Best of luck with the Yakuza saga! I'm hoping I manage to find enough time to play the remaining games before they leave game pass

See ya!

Balta666

Finished red dead redemption last night. What an amazing game... Even though I was spoiled for the big plot twist many years ago it was very different from what I was expecting in many ways. The gameplay is still very fluid even today (apart from duels that I never manage to master) and story and world to explore are just perfection. Now i can finally play the sequel!!!

Edited on by Balta666

LtSarge

@Balta666 Congrats mate! RDR is a fantastic game, even though I also got spoiled about the ending as well lol. Some people just can't keep things to themselves. Anyway, looking forward to reading your thoughts about the sequel since I haven't played it yet. It was actually one of my most anticipated games of 2018, but so much stuff happened that year for me that I simply missed out on the game and now it's been sitting in my backlog ever since.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@Balta666 See you weeks from now, especially since the sequel is so involving so to speak since you have to worry about even simply tasks like not getting fat, taking care of your horse, etc.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RR529

Played through LEGO Builder's Journey (Steam) over the past couple days.

Gave off some real Captain Toad vibes with the little diorama like levels, and while the puzzle solutions could be a bit obtuse at times it was full of creativity & they changed up the puzzle types just often enough that it never got stale.

Absolutely gorgeous little game too, and was exactly the kind of colorful palette cleanser I needed after playing Metroid Dread, Fatal Frame V, & SMTV back to back to back.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

isturbo1984

Cyber Shadow... before it left Game Pass. I would put it right up there with Celeste, Hollow Knight, The Messenger, ect as one of the modern 2D legends. Honestly, not quite as good as aforementioned, but definitely in the same tier.

-Eldin Ring leaks

LtSarge

Just finished Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on PS4. It was my first Diablo game and I enjoyed the majority of it. The first half was such a blast, but after that point I started defeating bosses in mere seconds. You get overpowered real fast in this game. I've looked up online in order to see if it was only me but apparently others who played the game on Normal also felt like the game became too easy after a while. The "real" experience comes from replaying it on higher difficulties and I'm definitely not doing that. But for what it's worth, I thought it was a great game and I'm glad to have finally experienced this series.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic