Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 181 to 200 of 558

Krzzystuff

I just finished procession of calvery last night. A short game that i found rather entertaining. Again something i never would have played without gamepass and without @splooshdmg recommending it.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

KilloWertz

@Balta666 I guess it's kind of fair if you just started the series. I can't agree on the crew of ME2 as that's a big reason why I love it as I think the group is almost too deep as there were ones I barely used that i would have liked to.

Not everyone can agree of course, so oh well.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff heya I said I'd tag ya with the short games I've played!!

Firstly I played RiME on PS4 which was a PS Plus game. I played it as part of the push Square game club. It was OK and worth playing considering I got it as part of the sub. I'd probably be more inclined to play it for all the collectibles if I'd actually bought the game itself and had more time to play it. It's kind of a light puzzler/sparse story driven game. I'd say it's a walking simulator in style but it plays more like a platformer. It was decent and I'd say it took about 4-5 hours spread out over a few weeks.

The second game I played and finished this morning was Override Mech City Brawl on Xbox which was a Game with Gold at some point during my subscription. I eeked this one out over a week and just played until I got an achievement each day (for the MS Rewards points). I couldn't have spent more than 2-3 hours on it in total.

It was OK, definitely not worth buying but I'm not unhappy about playing it as part of the sub. It's kind of a 3D arena combat game where you play as a Mech that fights Kaijus and other Mechs. I played a similar game on PS3 earlier in the year called Eat Them!. That game was less polished than Override but had a lot more character to it and more stuff to do in it I think, like races and collectathons so it broke up the combat stages a bit.

See ya!

ralphdibny

At some point toward the end of 2020 I posted this handwritten list of games I'd finished since the beginning of the pandemic:
Untitled

I carried on writing games down on the other side of the paper and 2 weeks into 2022 i've managed to fill the other side!

Untitled

It slowed up a lot last year unfortunately, going back to work, lots of other real life tasks to do as well. I am glad I've noted all these games down though.

The list is at 140 games since March 2020. (On the first page, two games might share a single entry where I may have played some of it before March that year. So if I finished 2 pre pandemic games, then I counted the two games as one instead)

I've posted this over at Push Square too so my apologies if you read this twice!

See ya!

Dusk_Actual

Sweet Christ.

I think I beat 1, maybe 2 games during the first year of the pandemic.

F

Dusk_Actual

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Wow, that's an impressive list 😲
Couple of things I've noticed:
You probably never want to play another Metal Gear game after playing that many so close together.
You had a sudden unexplained urge to play Golf games at one point.
You likely don't have kids 😂

I think I've probably got somewhere in the region of 40-50 completed in the same period, which is probably more that I likely would've played normally, but nowhere near what I'd have played if I was furloughed.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@Dusk_Actual haha nice, well it is hard to find time nowadays now that planet earth is more or less back to normal

@dmcc0 cheers bud! Absolutely not! I love Metal gear 😂. I think that was my third or fourth playthrough of the games in various orders. First was release order, second was the Big Boss only games (in prep for 5). The pandemic playthrough was because I wanted to show my partner them so "we" played through them together in release order (but I sneakily chucked all of the 2D games and Survive that I hadn't played before into this playthrough 😁😂, glad I did too - Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is easily one of the best games in the series!).

I do have a fourth playthrough in the works, it was supposed to be an addendum to this playthrough but I couldn't get one of the games to work. It was going to be something like MGS Digital Graphic Novel > Metal Gear Solid Mobile (couldn't get this to work) > MGS 2 Digital Graphic Novel > Metal Gear AC!D > Metal Gear AC!D 2 which are all MG games (and a movie) that I still haven't played.

Haha yeah, I quite like certain golf games (like the minigame in Rugrats Search for Reptar on PS1) because I like the angle aspect of it. Like bouncing balls off edges at angles if that makes sense. Sadly, most of those Golf games didn't really have that and one of them was a completely broken buggy mess (don't get tempted by Crazy Zen Mini Golfs £1 price tag on the Switch Eshop, it's actually a joke of a game). Golf Peaks is an excellent puzzle game though, I really rate that one!

Nah no kids, not yet. hopefully one day, I do feel like I am getting a bit old now though 😅. 40-50 games is nothing to sniff at! My motivation was at an all time low in the few years pre pandemic. My backlog was swelling, games were going unplayed or only getting an hour of gameplay before sitting on the shelf/hard drive. As soon as I realised I was making progress and getting through games regularly, I began to write them down.

I think the first 70 or so games were done in 9-10 months, the second 70 or so games were done in 12-13 so I definitely slowed down a bit when work started picking up for me

See ya!

Balta666

Here it goes the list since the start of the pandemic:

GOG:

the Witcher
The Witcher 2
Ys the oath in felghana

Steam:

Bloodstained ritual of the night
Brothers a tale of two sons
Commandos behind Enemy lines
Darksiders 3
Dragon age origins
Dragon age 2
Final fantasy xiii
Final fantasy xiii-2
Final fantasy xv
GTA 4
Mafia
Mafia 2
Mafia 3
Mass effect
Mass effect 2
Middle earth Shadow of mordor
Portal
Portal 2
Rime
Tomb Raider (reboot)
Rise of tomb Raider
Shadow of tomb Raider
Sleeping dogs
Yakuza zero
Ys I
Ys II
Ys VI

Epic:

Darksiders 2
GTA v
Abzu
A short hike
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham city
Yooka-laylee and the impossible lair

GP PC:

Mass effect 3
Dragon age inquisition
Ori and the will of the wisps
Guacamelee 2
Carrion

Series X:

The wild at hearts
Fable anniversary
Fable 2
Nier automata
New super lucky tales
The ascent
Fable 3
Psychonauts 2
Tell me why
Code vein
Mass effect Andromeda
Scarlett Nexus
Control
Quantum break
The outer worlds
Symphony of the night
Dante's inferno
The gunk
Shadows awakening
Dishonored
The Witcher 3
Record of Lodoss war
Firewatch
Lake
Mirror's Edge

Switch:

Transistor
Monster Boy and the curses kingdom
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest 2
Dragon Quest 3
Trine
Trine 2
Cat Quest 2
Steam world Quest
Ys origin
Child of light
Dead cells
Grandia 1
Grandia 2
Hades
Ys ix
Super Mario 3d world + Bowser fury
Xenoblade Chronicles
Shin megami tensey 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Bravely default 2
Monster Hunter stories 2
Axiom verge 2
Castlevania circle of the moon
Castlevania Harmony of dissonance
Metroid dread

3ds:

Samus returns

Almost 100 after all

Edited on by Balta666

Shigurui

Just popped the last achievement for Sable. I absolutely love and hate the game equally. I love it because it was an absolute breath of fresh air. There's the world, off you go and just discover stuff.

My hatred isn't aimed at the game as a thing but at the overall performance of it. It chugs along at anywhere between 1 and 30fps (very rarely does it actually reach 30fps), it constantly hitches and stutters to the point that I got motion sickness from it but I couldn't stop playing it.

It's actually quite impressive that a game which looks like it shouldn't have any issues running on a PS2 can tank frames so hard on the Series X!

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

ralphdibny

@Balta666 that is a mighty list! Especially considering half of those steam games are lengthy RPGs! I had a few >100 hour games but not as many as you. MGS Peace Walker, MGSV, Yakuza 0 come to mind. Had quite a few >50 hour games too. Most were probably around the 10-30 hour mark. I loved the 1-2 hour ones though. Nice and easy to tick off!!

You got any particular standouts from that list??

See ya!

isturbo1984

@ralphdibny I do the same. I have been keeping a hand-written list since I started to actually beat all the games I play in 2016. I've now taken to having a dedicated gaming journal.

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

Balta666

@ralphdibny if I had to choose only 3 games from those I would pick:

The Witcher 3 - actually it was my second playtrough (main story only) after I played the whole thing in 2019 on Switch. It is my favourite game of all time and a RPG classic

Nier automata - I am not a fan o Beat n Ups but this game flow, narrative, music, presentation, etc.. are just Amazing

Hades - once again I am not the biggest fan of roguelites or even other supergiant games but this one is a masterpiece imo in both gameplay but above all in keeping the player engaged in a interesting story and characters

Edited on by Balta666

ralphdibny

@isturbo1984 a journal is an excellent idea actually! Do you write any additional thoughts on games as they get put in there?

Maybe I'll go that route if I actually manage to finish two more A4 sides of paper. I actually really enjoy the low budget aspect of keeping a list. I might be more proud that my scraggly piece of A4 has lasted the better part of 2 years! 😅

@Balta666 brilliant stuff. I keep hearing good things about Hades but have avoided it due to my lack of interest in rogue lites/likes. If it's worked it's magic on you, then maybe it's worth me giving it a shot at some point!

See ya!

isturbo1984

@ralphdibny It serves as more than a list of beaten games. I have 12 pages, each representing a month in the year. And I have a "Now playing," recently finished" and "upcoming" sections for each month. I jot down whatever it is I do in the sections. And once i finish a game, I write it down a second time in the appendix in the back of my notebook. I also save all my lists in the notebook as well, like exclusive lists for my Switch and buying options, easy achievement games, ect.

Then I throw it away at the end of the year and start a new one. I used to save the pages of all my beaten games and just attach them to next year's journal. But recently I just re-written the pages into a new master journal. I might include a pic, hold up lemme figure it out real quick

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

@ralphdibny
Here's my standard journal. Poor quality on the inside, but you get the idea:
Untitled
Untitled

And here's my master list going back to 2016. I recently recopied all the torn-out journal pages from over the years and drew a cover i thought was clever:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by isturbo1984

-Eldin Ring leaks

ralphdibny

@isturbo1984 that is genuinely awesome. I initially guffawed at the chucking out of each years diary until I read that you copy it out into a master list so that post was a bit of a rollercoaster ride of emotion 😅! So awesome though and that pic is great!

Looks like we got a few games in common that we've played in recent years. There's a few more on your list that are in my to-play pile like Valkyria Chronicles 4 (and the whole series for that matter).

Any idea how many you've done since 2016? A yearly average or exact number for each year?

See ya!

isturbo1984

@ralphdibny Thanks. Yeah, the journal gets a bit out of hand by the end of the year. So i eventually just copied info i wanted into a new book and tossed the old one to keep things much cleaner. Also, as you can see, I have yet to copy my 2021 list into the "Builderpedia."

Ah jeez. Well since you asked... I guess I better not half-ass it. I'm just going to post my entire list. So I'll copy 2021 then I'll take a snap shot of each page. Maybe make it an independent thread so not to clutter up this one. Might take a day or two, but I'll tag you in. But quick answer is I average about 40-50 games a year. This was was an even 50. and in 2019 I did a 100 game project, which drained me. All I know is I'm a dork when it comes to by-hand lists. It made me happy when I saw the pics of your lists. Yeah, make your own journal and do your own thing with it. It took me literal years before I settled on a permanent routine.

-Eldin Ring leaks

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic