Forums

Topic: Zero/Project Zero/Fatal Frame Official Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 178

EvilSilentFrame

@Banjo- it’s not just Code Veronica, they also stopped a fan project of the original RE so maybe we will get that one as well. I was hoping for Zero to be remade before another remake of the original, but one step at a time. Let’s see if we get that Veronica remake.

EvilSilentFrame

Xbox Gamertag: EvilSilentFrame

Banjo-

Pre-orders of Mask of the Lunar Eclipse are live. Remember that there is pre-order bonus!

REGULAR EDITION

UK:
£39.99
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/project-zero-mask-of-t...

EU:
€49.99
https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/games/store/project-zero-mask-of-t...

USA:
$49.99
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/project-zero-mask-of-t...

Pre-order Bonus
-Ruka/Misaki/Choshiro-Exclusive Accessory "Spirit Stone Flashlight Hat" & "Fox Mask"
Note: Bonus content might be made available later as purchasable content.

Early Purchase Bonus
-Ruka Exclusive Costume "Marie Rose Outfit"
Note: Added as Limited Time Bonus if the game is purchased by 22nd March 2023.

“PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse” was released in Japan in 2008 as the fourth game in the PROJECT ZERO series. Following the remastering of “PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water,” the series masterpiece is being brought back to life with upgraded graphics.

■About the Game
A group of children mysteriously disappeared during a festival on Rogetsu Isle. Although they were found, they had lost their memories. Now they have returned to the island as teenagers. The girls rely on the Camera Obscura, a camera with the power to capture and seal away unthinkable horrors, and the faint beam of their flashlight while exploring various locations and fending off the ghosts that attack them as they attempt to discover the truth of their haunting past.

■Features
-Improved Graphics
In-game movies and character models have been improved to make the story and characters more appealing. In addition, the graphics have been improved for each platform. The rendering of shadows and the beam of the flashlight has been refined so players can experience more realistic horror.

-New Snap Mode
Pose characters and ghosts freely to create haunting memories in the new snap mode. Perhaps you may even take unexpected spirit photos by accident...

-New Costumes
The original costume lineup has been altered slightly, and new costumes have been added. Change the characters' costumes to experience the investigation in different ways.

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

UK:
£53.99
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/project-zero-mask-of-t...

EU:
€64.99
https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/games/store/project-zero-mask-of-t...

US:
$69.99
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/project-zero-mask-of-t...

Pre-order Bonus
-Ruka/Misaki/Choshiro-Exclusive Accessory "Spirit Stone Flashlight Hat" & "Fox Mask"

Early Purchase Bonus
-Ruka Exclusive Costume "Marie Rose Outfit"
Note: Added as Limited Time Bonus if the game is purchased by 22nd March 2023.

The Digital Deluxe Edition Set Includes:
●“PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse” (full game)

●”PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse” Digital Artbook
The Digital Artbook featuring artwork and the soundtrack of “PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse” can be accessed within the game.

●Rogetsu Isle Dinner Party Costume Set
Costumes for each character are available within the game:
-Ruka Exclusive Costume “Japanese Swimsuit”
-Misaki Exclusive Costume “Dancer Swimsuit”
-Ruka Exclusive Costume “Chinese Evening Dress (Emerald)”
-Misaki Exclusive Costume “Chinese Evening Dress (Crimson)”
-Ruka Exclusive Costume “Nightwear (Blue)”
-Misaki Exclusive Costume “Nightwear (Pink)”
-Choshiro Exclusive Costume “Rash Guard & Surf Shorts”
-Ruka Exclusive Accessory “Cat Ears (White)”
-Misaki Exclusive Accessory “Cat Ears (Black)”
-Choshiro Exclusive Accessory “Detective's Hat”
-Ruka Exclusive Accessory “Organ Mask (Rogetsu Kagura - Vocal)”
-Misaki Exclusive Accessory “Organ Mask (Rogetsu Kagura - Bell)”
-Madoka Exclusive Accessory “Organ Mask (Rogetsu Kagura - Strings)”

Banjo-

GarbonZoni

@Banjo- Lots more in this pack than the last one for sure. Recently moved home so I've been busy last few months. Still to play the Maiden of Blackwater. Will get them both closer to the date. Camera combat

Xbox: Garbonzoni

Banjo-

@GarbonZoni The bonus I like the most are the digital artbooks but I'm trying to imagine how Spirit Stone Flashlight Hat looks 🤣.

Banjo-

EvilSilentFrame

@Banjo- I’m wondering if they already started it. I don’t have proof or anything. Games now take 4-6 years to make. Releasing Maiden of the Black Water and now Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, I’m thinking they have been working on the 6th installment while the remasters are coming out. Otherwise we’ll have to wait till 2028/2029. Could be too long between releases. By then there will probably be newer systems out and players could lose interest because of the huge gap between the games.

EvilSilentFrame

Banjo-

@EvilSilentFrame No idea but we have to support the new releases if we want to get the other games and new ones for modern systems. Since last generation, consoles are backwards compatible so that wouldn't be as much problematic as when PS2, original Xbox and Wii received the first games.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@EvilSilentFrame @Kaloudz Sorry for funneling your comments into the official thread but I thought that this would be a better place to keep this interesting conversation.

EvilSilentFrame wrote:

@Kaloudz @Banjo- I also rarely ever preorder games. This one is preordered already. I also got the deluxe edition. I’m hoping by spending more, it’ll encourage the original trilogy and future games for the series. I’d love to play the first 3 again. I still have have them on Xbox and PS2, but I’d like to play them on current gen systems.

I’m very much looking forward to Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. I’m hoping it’s more like the first couple games than Maiden of the Black Water. Though I enjoyed that game and was happy it came out on current systems, I felt the game lacked a little something. The older titles played in a continuous progression, where V played in segments or chapters with a safe zone between them. IV is coming very soon so I’ll find out then, can’t wait!

Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is a more traditional Project Zero/Fatal Frame game and I think that you will love it.

I want to share my experience playing the last entry. Maiden of Black Water didn't impress me much the first time on Wii U but I'm doing a third playthrough that is the second on Series X. I'm enjoying the game much more on Xbox because the 60fps make the environments more real and easier to explore. Yes, the chapters are split and you go back to the same places several times but I feel that the three stories are intertwined smoothly and every chapter starts and ends without upsetting omissions and are chronologically consistent. The game feels real, without stupid jokes but with realistic dialogue, such as when Rui is talking to Ren in the cavern and he just answers, "Well, I don't understand it at all." It's exactly what anyone would answer in that context.

Rui expresses herself more than any other character and she can be confusing when she's under some influence. Juri is very intelligent and likeable. Ren is able to stay focused most of the time. Miu is apparently strong and independent when she really isn't. Hisoka is mature and sensitive. Miku is a subtle way to connect this story to older stories. The lore of this game is really deep and coherent and I'm appreciating the visual art much more, not just the traditional Japanese elements such as kimono designs, lanterns or buildings but also the attire and masks of the maidens. The water theme is consistent and beautiful and the reasons for going to Mount Hikami are diverse. I appreciate the different attack patterns, the easy and difficult frame rate chances and the challenging optional objectives. I'm beating it 100% this time, with a guide.

Sometimes I don't care much about the story of the games I play and following this story is tricky but fulfilling like in the other Project Zero/Fatal Frame games. I wanted to know everything about Maiden of Black Water and the ambiguous relationships among some characters. Reading all files at least once is a must. All the questions I had about the story and events were resolved properly, like:

· Why are there maidens next to the dead people and why are the maidens dead?
· Why and how are those people persuaded to do such things?
· Why is the cemetery flooded?
· Why is the video tape edited?
· Why is Miu's mother that young?
· What is the Black Water exactly?
· What is the Shadowspring?
· What do Eternal Flowers do?
· Why do bridegrooms do?
· What do old women do?
· Why Ose Kurosawa brought Juri back to Mt. Hikami?
· Are maidens "good" or "bad"?
· What is the role of nature here?

I will post a list of all collectibles in Maiden of Black Water when I'm done, I haven't found any that has all the elements together. Actually, I haven't found a list with all the unlockable cutscenes that play after glancing certain ghosts so I don't know if I have missed something. The in-game maps and lists are extremely useful but there are no "gaps" for missed collectibles here.

Kaloudz wrote:

I can't think for the life of me, but which FF was it that had a ghost girl that jingles? Due to some foot bell or something? That scared the bajesus out of me...

Because I'm playing Maiden of Black Water, I thought of these possibilities at first:

Shiragiku (white-haired girl)
Yurine Uno (girl in black)
Koto Okudera (girl in yellow)

Shiragiku is a multifaceted scary and cute girl that jingles when fighting with a teddy bear in hand although nothing as creepy in this game as Tall Woman. Yes, the inclusion of Ayane's short story with different gameplay is a nice bonus.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Kaloudz No problem 😁. Resident Evil Remake is one of my favourite games ever so I appreciate it as much as you.

The hanging dolls in Maiden of Black Water are effigies and represent real women, the fact that those are hanging represent the hanged women. I'm bad with Japanese names and very bad with Japanese spelling but the game UI is very helpful and encourage players to collect everything. Eventually, you learn the names of the most important characters such as Kunihiko Aso (recurrent character), Shiragiku, Keiji Watarai, Kyozo Kururugi, Haruka Momose, Fuyuhi Himino, Kazuya Sakaki, Ose Kurosawa... These are the most important besides the ones I have already mentioned such as Juri, Ren, Hisoka, Miu, Miku, Rui... By the way, is Ose Kurosawa related to Hisoka Kurosawa and how? I haven't found any file about that.

I didn't know the names of the fleeing children but I searched. I will post everything soon. I use some guides for the 100% playthrough. In this case, for missing ghosts:
https://steamah.com/fatal-frame-project-zero-maiden-of-black-...

and for missing files:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii-u/789658-fatal-frame-maiden...

More guides:
https://selphie1999gaming.com/game-guides/fatal-frame-project...

https://foggyproductions.com/guides/project-zero-maiden-of-bl...

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Kaloudz I'm glad that I put you in the mood to know more! On the first page of the thread you can read some details about these games. Yes, I'm a fan of some Japanese horror but I still have a lot to see and play. I find it more psychological and deep than the typical Western horror. Resident Evil 7 is too gory for my tastes, I think it's the main Resident Evil that I like the least but I love the series, too. Resident Evil Remake is a masterpiece that, like Crimson Butterfly, don't get enough praise. I still have to watch that Maiden of Black Water Japanese film... I don't know if it was finally produced or not.

Most of the information is provided by the in-game documents. The first Project Zero game that I played was Crimson Butterfly for Wii. I bought it because someone told me it was good but I didn't expect it to absorb me as it did. I imported Mask of the Lunar Eclipse afterwards. I remember that I played them several times, very close to the TV, which is something I still do when I play this series. That's how I discovered this franchise.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

EvilSilentFrame

@Banjo- @Kaloudz I also like to go through, collect everything, and read the notes in the games, check every room and drawer so I won’t miss a thing. I’ve been like this with other series as well but this series really made me want to dig in and learn more.

The first one I played was the original game on Xbox. I got the game on sale and I don’t like paying full price for anything. I already had played other horror games. I wasn’t sure if I would like this one but for the price I got it for, I thought I’d try it. I instantly was hooked. I liked the characters, the setting, the environments, the combat, the ghosts… I wanted to know as much as I could. The way they crafted the story, characters, and rituals so carefully, I knew they took their time creating this. I was like a sponge trying to absorb as much of the information I could. I would read and reread all the notes. I went online and found a fan made website dedicated to the series. I learned that there was a part 2 and ran out to get it (even though it was full price.)

I wasn’t disappointed. Crimson Butterfly was equally as exciting for me and in some ways, surpassed the original. I loved the town. I wanted to know what it was like before calamity. Was it a peaceful town? What were the people there like? How long had the town been around for before the calamity? Who started the rituals? I had all kinds of questions I wanted answers to. I had tons of questions on the first game as well. These two games made me think. Even when I wasn’t playing, I was thinking of the stories and the elements that took place and wanting to know more. I don’t think I was ever like that with other games.

I used to go into the forums of the fan made site and participate in the discussions. I didn’t start many threads. I think I did once asking a question that tied the beginning of CB with the ending and even the creator of the site loved the question and hoped it would spark a lot of discussion. It didn’t get much as not as many people were playing these games yet but I didn’t mind. I was just happy to find a community of people who were equally enthused with the games as I was.

I liked Maiden of the Black Water, but it didn’t take me where the first two games did. I will go through for a third time and maybe one day 100 percent the game. It just didn’t have that hold on me. The first game put a spell on me and the second game strengthened that spell. I’m looking forward for Mask of the Lunar Eclipse and whatever else they want to throw at us. It’s an exciting time to be a PZ/FF fan.

EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

@Kaloudz they did a few different variations of the characters. They wanted the character to appeal to different regions, so in Japan, the characters look one way. In Europe and the US, the characters look another way. They changed the eyes to make them more oval. Their nose and hair have changed a bit. They changed the outfits to help connect to the different regions. There are comparisons of the variations of Miku from the first game. Maybe that’s why you get a bit of an anime vibe from the character models.

The Japanese horror vibe is definitely different. It’s more personal. It’s more psychological. Maybe their skill seems to be isolated from the rest of the world as they kind of are isolated from the rest of the world. It’s an island. Their way of life is so different from ours. I’ve always wanted to go there to experience their culture. Maybe on day I’ll get the chance. I’ll just stay away from haunted mansions there though lol.

EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

The food is the one thing I don’t know if I’d be able to handle. They eat a lot of sea food and I’m not a sea food eater. They also use some unusual ingredients. I’m sure there’s a lot more than that in Japan, but food is one of my concerns if I was to go there.

I hate getting in a plane. I’m not in control and that scares me. It’s super rare that I fly and heading to Japan is a long flight. I don’t drink but might have to make an exception for that flight lol.

After reading all that, it sounds like I don’t want to go there but I really do. I love their architecture. I love their style, their way of living. From what I see online and on tv, things seem more of a simple life. Like they don’t want for as much. Seems like they are content with what they got. I could have that all totally wrong, but just what it seems like to me.

But back to gaming. They make some truly incredible games. When I see western developers try and do what they do, I can instantly tell the difference. FF and RE have always been made by Japanese developers. SH has been lent out to others and they never quite got to the place Team Silent went. They have a different way of story telling. A different way of character development. In horror, we tend to rely more on the boo factor. Japanese horror, they tend to make it more psychological. It stays with you. I’m hoping I enjoy Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. I am not expecting to love it as much as the first two games, but I’m so looking forward to playing this one. I’m excited for what the developers did with this game, and what they potentially have for us in the future.

EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

If anyone was curious about the different costumes for the game, there’s a video showing off all the costumes.

https://nintendoeverything.com/fatal-frame-mask-of-the-lunar-...

I usually stick with the default costume. Some of the new ones are cool, but I can’t with that giant camera/flashlight on their head. I couldn’t take the game seriously playing it like that but it’s there for you if you want it.

Edited on by EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

Ralizah

@EvilSilentFrame While I respect the long-standing tradition of stupid alternate outfits in survival horror games, I don't think I've ever used one.

It's nice to know I'll have access to the early purchase content if I ever want to check it out, though.

Just a little over a week now! My body is ready.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilSilentFrame

@Ralizah I don’t think I ever used alternate costumes either in horror games. There’s some games where different costumes grant you different abilities. I know it’s not horror but Breath of the Wild you had to use different costumes to stand the heat or the extreme cold. So I used them then, but really I just wanted his traditional green costume. There’s a few other games to do the same. Sometimes they do a throw back to an older game in the series. I don’t mind those costumes but I still usually prefer the default one.

I also am super excited for the game to finally come out. I’ve waited YEARS to play this game. Thought I never would. Mine is all preordered and I’m ready to go!

EvilSilentFrame

Fenbops

@Kaloudz I found you away from the main site! Just wanted to say add me on Xbox if you want mate, you’re a good guy. Don’t worry I won’t stalk you 🤣

Fenbops

Fenbops

It is and that’s Hudson from Aliens. Bill Paxton I think 😜

Fenbops

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic