Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 641 to 660 of 3,363

Mr-Fuggles777

@LtSarge I will do, its just killing me being so far down on the achievement leader board this month lol. I haven't got much more to go until I hit 100k so slacking off isn't great.

It doesn't help that a lot of the games I play with my Clan don't have many achievements or I've already gotten them

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

LtSarge

@Mr-Fuggles777 I mean, why rush it? I'm also very close to reaching 100k but I'm taking my time getting there by focusing on playing games that I enjoy, even if they don't have achievements. It seems to me that you're enjoying the games you're playing as well, so don't beat yourself up about it. You will get to 100k in no time!

LtSarge

nessisonett

@Mr-Fuggles777 Interesting that there’s no achievements on Xbox, there are on Steam!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Mr-Fuggles777

@nessisonett I don't know why but im much more likely to play through a game if there are achievements or trophies to work towards. Its probably why a big chunk of my Switch library has remained unfinished.

I think I'm hooked on the little dopamine hit when an achievement notification pops up lol.

@LtSarge I'm 5k away, but have only earned 30k since coming back to Xbox in Feb so I'm not going mad for them this time around.
I just like to hit the top 3 of the leader board each month - it gives me something to grind towards.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

themightyant

Hi @ralphdibny just been chatting to @LtSarge about this and would love to join the club!

One caveat: probably can't start till September if that's OK, unless something changes! (Unusually busy and juggling a few too many games + life for the next month) It's normally not this mental and a shame as I really want to play and discuss both Psychonauts (missed it first time around) and replay A Plague's Tale (brilliant game!). But I'll see what I can do, stranger things have happened

I actually replayed Dishonored 1 + DLC + 2 in May, but didn't know this was here. Absolutely brilliant series that imho gets better with each replay as you master the levels, mechanics and stop worrying about high/low chaos to just have fun. I've always used the 2 Story DLC from the first game as an example of how to do story DLC right. i.e. not make it feel like it was cut or separate but make it cleverly integrate with the story and add another layer to the plot and mechanics. It's simply brilliant! (and you get to play as Michael Madsen)

Also played ReCore before... the same feeling as everybody else here it started great but very quickly become repetitive. But I am one of that 3% of players that completed it! I think that's more a badge of stubbornness than anything else, I probably should have stopped much earlier.

Have also previously played and finished most of the list - Observation, Battletoads, Tell Me Why, Hellblade, Ryse, Ori (one of my favourite games), Titanfall 2, Alan Wake, Dishonored & ReCore. It's a very very solid list. Kudos!

Yet to get around to Night in the Woods, Resident Evil VII & Psychonauts... though they're all on the backlog, this might make me finally promote them!

Add me to any notifications and I'll jump in asap.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant @The_New_Butler

Welcome brethren to the Pure Xbox Game Cult Club.

🙏🙏🧑‍🤝‍🧑👭👬👫🧑‍🤝‍🧑👭👬👫🙏🙏

Just kidding, but seriously, welcome! I'll be happy to add you both to the tag lists!

Interesting to read your thoughts there mightyant on the previous GC games! But yeah, just jump in and out as an when you can. Plague Tale is looking likely for August, not sure if I'll join in on that one myself anyway because I have quite a bit on in August.

See ya!

ralphdibny

@The_New_Butler haha not sure if collective sounds much better than cult anyway!

I've just checked the votes to make sure, I didn't want you delaying your plague tale playthrough on the basis of a vague comment from me, but the votes currently stand at:

A Plague Tale: Innocence - 3 (sarge, krzystf, dmc0)
Perfect Dark - (
Mirror's Edge - 2 (sarge, dmc0)

I might abstain from voting this month because people seem quite keen on A Plague Tale and I don't want to derail it. I'm not overly fussed because it doesn't really look like my kind of thing but I'll give it a go if I get time.

But yeah, barring any last minute votes which there aren't normally, plague tale should be a goer for August!

See ya!

Krzzystuff

@The_New_Butler throw your vote in... electing a nation's leader is one thing...but for the game pass game of the month really every vote counts...we have like 5 of them.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

ZeD

I found a link to this club in the latest Psychonauts 2 post on the site! I started up Psychonauts last night to get my self ready for the sequel and so far I am really enjoying it. It is strange that I have not played it up until now as I love anything that Double Fine spit out!

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

LtSarge

@ZeD The only other Double Fine game I've played prior to Psychonauts was Costume Quest 2 and I didn't even know they made that game! I own titles like Grim Fandango but those point-and-click titles don't appeal to me due to their obscurity in puzzle-solving, lol.

I looked up what other games Double Fine has made and apparently they made Stacking and The Cave, both of which are in my backlog. I'll have to give them a try soon!

LtSarge

themightyant

@ZeD @LtSarge The Cave was fun for what it was. Worth a play, typical Tim Schafer humour. But if memory serves it outstayed it's welcome a little, requiring about 5 or 6 different, but similar, playthroughs (it's quite short) to get the full story + achievements. It's not necessary though, you've seen enough by then and get the picture.

themightyant

ralphdibny

@ZeD heya, Wana be added to the tag list for future month or are you just dropping by for Psychonauts? Either is fine!

See ya!

LtSarge

@themightyant Oh I didn't know that. Well I think I'll experience it once or maybe twice just to see how different the second playthrough is. Thanks for the heads-up!

LtSarge

nessisonett

Finished another couple of levels there, Lungfishopolis and The Milkman Conspiracy. The Milkman Conspiracy in particular is one of the strangest levels in a game I’ve played. Really quite sinister but I enjoyed it a lot!

Edited on by nessisonett

ralphdibny

@ZeD nice one, added!!

@nessisonett also nice one! I think milkman aka The Neighborhood was my favourite level. There's a few contenders for second place though

I've just been plugging away at Doom Eternal, I'll post an update in the Push Square game club thread when I get a chance

See ya!

Krzzystuff

I just finished the first level. The game looks old but I'm playing the Wii with the kids still so it actually doesn't look too shabby in my eyes. The vibe around it is pretty good so i think I'll be enjoying the game.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

nessisonett

Finished Gloria’s Theatre and the board game one. Good levels but I kinda just want to get to the end now if that makes sense! It’s somewhat outstaying its welcome now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic