Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 321 to 340 of 3,392

KilloWertz

@nessisonett I think you have me beat on how many times you've tried to play and finish Dishonored. I'm at either 3 or 4, and not because it's a bad game by any means. The first time was at least a few years ago, and I only stopped because I got annoyed with a part of the game. Picked it up again last year and wanted to finish it so I could finally play Dishonored 2, but then other games came out and it kind of got pushed aside. Same thing happened again recently, but I'm actually winding down with Assassin's Creed Valhalla after 100+ hours.

Still not sure if I will be able to participate in this next month, but I have yet to actually play ReCore, so maybe then.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

crippyd

I'd be happy to jump on Dishonored as I've also started it a couple of times but got distracted by other games. I've got both the original and remaster started and not finished.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

LtSarge

It's really interesting to read that several people have started Dishonoured numerous times and never played through it. Because it's been the same thing for me, I played the 360 version a bit, then I played the PS4 version for a while and I just couldn't get into it on both occasions. Maybe the opening sections just aren't that gripping, lol. Hopefully this time it will be different though!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@crippyd nice one 👍

@LtSarge haha I hope people have better luck with it this time and the month isn't a total dud!

See ya!

Krzzystuff

Ok I just finished chapter 4 and man was it great, best one yet by far. The story is coming together rather nicely, there is an pretty fun part on the farm and the best song of them all at the end of the chapter. I also almost ***** myself in one part cuz the guy just popped out of nowhere. Such a great time lol.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

LtSarge

@Krzzystuff Yeah that's right, well besides the two additional special episodes from the DLC that is. But yeah, the base game is only six episodes.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Obviously Dishonored is a good game. It wouldn't be considered one if it wasn't, but yeah, for whatever reason it obviously didn't click with some of us. It does definitely get better though after the beginning, and I probably would have finished it before if it wasn't for other games getting in the way the last time I tried. At the very least, I get why people like Arkane's shooters and are psyched for Deathloop.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Krzzystuff

@LtSarge pretty excited to see how the last chapter goes. Story wise this is one of my favorite games I've played so far, it's fantastic.
As for next month I've never really looked too much into Dishonoured but hopefully I'm not the only one to finish next month....or another one not too lol.

I might be trying to finish that Costume Quest 2 game from this week's GP quests...just go away with throwing more games at me!!! It's actually stressful at times where to use my limited game time.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Oh yeah definitely, I have only heard great things about Dishonoured. But I feel like you can draw a comparison to games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess where both have slow/unappealing openings even though both are great games. So yeah, as long as you can get past the opening part then the game should become more compelling to play.

@Krzzystuff Same here, I really enjoyed my time with Alan Wake. I really hope that I finish up GTA III in time so that I can start up American Nightmare while we're still in April (since I'm playing GTA on my 360). But yeah, the last chapter was pretty wild and it's definitely gotten me excited for a true sequel to this game (besides the filler DLCs).

I love stealth games like Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six and so on, so Dishonoured should definitely be up my alley once I get past the opening part. I also really need to play it considering I have physical copies of all three games (1, 2 and the standalone expansion) and I haven't played any of them yet, lol.

LtSarge

LtSarge

I honestly couldn't wait until I finished GTA III so I decided to just start up American Nightmare right now. Played through the first level and the game is very interesting so far. The story is about Alan having an evil twin, who is basically the version of him in The Darkness. The levels are like small open worlds where you have a safe hub and then you venture out to different parts of the map in order to collect stuff that unlock the next section of the level. I like this structure because it's a nice breath of fresh air from the main game where you're constantly moving forward in a linear fashion. The weapons are standard affairs, although you do unlock early on an Uzi and it's so weird to be able to mow down the Taken with a submachine gun, lol. It feels really satisfying and I think it's nice to be able to go all out after having finished the main story. Would be cool to unlock rocket launchers, assault rifles and so on as you progress through the game.

It's really cool too that I've been unlocking 360 Awards and Gamer Pictures. Remember those? Too bad that Microsoft dropped these features on Xbox One and onward. Because they felt like a different kind of achievements where you actually get stuff that you can use on your account.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge that sounds spot on like Stephen King's The Dark Half! Wicked book!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Lol somebody at Remedy must really like Stephen King. It feels like all their ideas are inspired by his books!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

Just finished episode 2 today. Need to set some time aside for the next episode if it's going to be much longer!

I also bought an American Nightmare steam code for £2 from cdkeys. It's downloading now!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Did anyone scan that QR code in level 4? 😂

See ya!

LtSarge

Finished the second level of American Nightmare and apparently there are only three levels so I should be done with this game tomorrow! Each level is very short as well, lasting around an hour depending on how thoroughly you explore the map for manuscripts and other secrets. At least they're introducing new weapons and new enemies to keep things interesting, but yeah it's clear that Remedy added a story mode as an afterthought and most attention has gone toward the Arcade Mode of this game. It definitely sounds fun, but sadly I don't think I'll be checking it out considering I have so many games that I want to play. I also don't know how this is going to work, but each level has around 20 manuscript pages and I've only found like less than half in each of them. So I'm wondering if there won't be a replay option after finishing the game where if you play through it again on a higher difficulty, you'll be able to find the rest. It definitely feels like they made way too many manuscript pages considering how short the levels are, lol.

@ralphdibny Nice! I think the game is worth it at that price. Maybe you'll even find some enjoyment out of the Arcade Mode. I do think that people should probably play through American Nightmare right after Alan Wake considering how short the story mode is so you might as well get it over with right away, that is if you're interested in playing it.

Didn't even notice a QR code in episode 4. Did you look up what it shows?

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I like the manuscript pages in the main game but I just don't like going out of my way to find them. It sort of encourages you to explore to find them but there's a lot of dead space where it's just a cliff face or a cliff edge and seeing as Alan is so slow, it feels like exploration is a chore. I have worked out a good-ish system though and now I only explore smaller areas or take less obvious routes and so far I've only missed one manuscript in level 2. I don't think I'll be going back for the nightmare difficulty ones though!

The QR code was in the mental hospital on the mezzanine of the rec room where the generator is. You can it in and it links you to this:

Http://www.alanwake.com/tag3

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Krzzystuff

Just for finished the game. I really enjoyed it and personally thought that chapter 4 was the cream of the crop. The story was fantastic and i didn't mind the mechanics, for an older title it was pretty good i thought. It's off the SSD as i have way too many games to play to mess around with searching for all the manuscripts and coffee thermoses. A must play game i think.

Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

I just looked it up and aparently the QR codes are only in the pc version which is probably why people didn't see them!

@Krzzystuff nice one 👍, I'm not sure what all the coffee flasks are for really, I guess they unlock an achievement or something in the Xbox version

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic