Forums

Topic: Microsoft Rewards (Reward Points Thread)

Posts 141 to 160 of 241

dmcc0

@ralphdibny I managed to complete the quest by getting to the "Ready to Start" point of the install so I didn't actually have to install the full >100GB for the 3rd time

I hope it's not becoming a trend where weekly's or the smaller value punch cards become inaccessible for some due to the lack of series console or not already owning a certain game.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 ahh nice! No ready to start on the computer unfortunately. I did play it for a bit and found my house and my friends houses too. They look nothing like the real thing though lol. Not sure if I'll keep playing, it runs adequately on my Mac but not amazingly. I might show it to my partner when she comes by this weekend but I think I'll give it a proper go in future if I either get a series X or a top end PC

But yeah, completely agree about those sort of regular small value punch cards being behind a paywall. There's an NBA 2K22 one at the moment and for some reason the far cry one has completely dissappeared for me despite only seeing it for the first time yesterday. I'd be well annoyed if that had made me pull the trigger and buy one of the games only for it to dissapear!

I managed the PUBG game pass quest today too. The rewards hunter video sounded too convoluted with the adding friends from the club etc so I just thought I'd try my hand at the 8v8 mode. I managed to get a few kills in my second match when it spawned me next to the opposing team

Oh yeah, I'm on 142K points now which is like £120. Just over a quarter of the way to a series X!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

SacredPYRO

Heads up people. There's a new 250 point punch card for getting an achievement in FIFA 22 in the UK (unsure about other regions).

Can be done with the 10 hour free trial with GPU/EA Play.

Easiest achievement to get is for setting custom tactics in FUT, you don't even need to play a match. Load up the FUT menu, go to Squad, press LT to open some options then select custom tactics. Change anything you want then press B to back out. Took about 30 seconds for the cheevo to pop.

SacredPYRO

ralphdibny

@SacredPYRO cheers for the heads up and the tips. Will be getting on that this weekend at some point.

The new monthly bonus round is live today too

See ya!

ralphdibny

I've punched the MS Rewards top 10 punch card but I still can't punch the "Complete the MS Top 10" punch in the November monthly bonus round punch card.

I'm sure it'll get fixed soon but I thought I'd post it here anyway in case anybody else is having a similar issue and wants to know that they are not alone!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Not sure if this will help anyone but for the PES efootball gamepass quest, I chose Millwall in the England 2nd league and based my team on Millwall and just skipped through all the tutorial so I guess I ended up with a default team.

I played the ranked (sim) match and won 1-0 and the quest popped. That was probably the most invested I have ever been in a game of football 😂

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny I'm having an issue with the PES quest. I've setup my team etc, but when I (eventually) won a match the quest didn't pop. Really annoyed that I had to sit through 6 or 7 matches of frankly terrible football for it not to work.

Oh, and don't pick the Italian manager that plays on the counter-attack as his attacking style is long ball and the team pretty much just punt it up to the lone attacker who never seems to get the ball, so you're constantly defending wave after wave of attack. I play quite a bit of PES and it's painful to watch in Sim mode - especially as my team doesn't know how to shoot apparently. On the odd occasion they did get into a decent position on the edge of the box they started passing the ball around and inevitably lost it. 🤦‍♂️

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 oh really and it's still not popping? I assume you've done this as you've had 7 matches but my quest didn't pop until after all the post game pop ups when I was more or less back at the main menu.

I chose the Argentinian manager thinking about it now. I would say that knowing nothing about football worked in my favour for picking an adequate team but it could just have easily gone the other way

I had 2 achievements pop doing the Pure Xbox guide for the State of Decay 2 quest and 1 achievement pop just for putting on a mask in Payday 2.

Just in case anyone cares about achievements!

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny I'm not sure it matters what team you pick TBH as I think you just start with a group of random players anyway - I definitely didn't recognise any of the players of the team I picked (Aberdeen), but the choice of manager/tactics definitely seems to matter.

I'll maybe give it another try later tonight. As I said, I do play a fair bit of PES anyway (Master League), so maybe didn't work because it started the game via quick resume? It's a long shot, but I'll try closing the game completely and maybe even restarting the console to see if it works. I did have an issue in the past where a previous quest/achievement on Flight Sim didn't pop until I rebooted so worth a try. I'm not going to spend too much more time on it though for the sake of a few points.

Just to add, PES is part of the current Top 10 punch card - there's a fairly easy achievement for raising a player to level 10 in myTeam - I think it only took me about 3 or 4 games to get it. Also if you sign a player via an agent and get a 'Black' rarity player, but it's more down to luck as it's essentially a loot box (you get enough coins to do a few of these for free at the start).

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 oh yeah that quick resume thing could be a good shout actually.

I done a Back for Blood achievement for both top ten and the b4b punch card but I still can't punch it on the November bonus round. I'm getting antsy now

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny So I rebooted PES and played (watched) a single sim match and drew 0-0 - The quest popped at the end of it. Must've been storing my results or something for when I restarted it.

I did the b4b quest the other week and did a few of the easy achievements for that, so not going to bother with the latest punch as I'm not sure how many easy achievements are left - it's not something I want to play through at the moment either. Is it just the achievement that wont work for the November bonus - all the other stuff OK? Have you tried a different game to earn the achievement?

The quiz took a couple of attempts for me. First time it just went back to the rewards page, but didn't show as completed, but I tried again last night and it asked me one question and congratulated me for finishing the quiz and marked it complete! Very odd

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 ahh sweet, nice one!

Not sure if I can do another game for top ten as it's already complete from B4B.

I think I got about 6 achievements from my first go on B4B, unfortunately before these punch cards and I think I felt largely the same, that I'd probably got all the easy achievements like heal a team mate, kill X amount of zombies while downed etc

I just booted up and played a level with some strangers the other day and managed to get one for completing a level without anyone dying. That was with bots too, I guess because I started off with real people, my session just carried on and registered achievements with the bots that replaced them.

I know I've got one more "easy" achievement I can get which is to make a team at camp but i don't have many online friends on the Xbox so 🤷‍♂️. I don't really need to do it unless another punch card comes up I guess

But yeah, it's just the "Complete the top 10 punch card" punch of the November Bonus Round.

That quiz thing might be worth looking at again too actually because while it will complete the punch, the quiz itself is worth up to 50 points if you actually do it (I think)

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Ah, ok. I forgot it had the Complete the Top 10 punch as part of the November Bonus - thought it was just an achievement needed. I guess Customer Services would be able to manually add the points if it doesn't track though. Haven't needed to do it myself, but have heard they're pretty good when it comes to stuff like that

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 nah me neither, yet anyway! I did contact them when a Spend £30 for X amount of points punch card wasn't tracking but it literally began tracking while I was on the chat to them so they didn't have to do anything.

I'll probably give it a few more days and if it's still not working close to the expiry date then I'll get on the chat to them

See ya!

ralphdibny

Well I contacted support RE: the unpunchable task 4 in the November monthly bonus round. They've logged a ticket so I'll update if anything happens.

See ya!

ralphdibny

Support finally did something. Got an e mail saying they'd added 3500 points to my account. 2000 for the November bonus round, 500 for the top 10, 500 for the 5 sweepstakes entries I didn't get and 500 for appeasement lol. I am appeased 😂

See ya!

dmcc0

"Played" Disneyland Adventures for the Weekly quest - man, it was rough.

At the character creation screen the model didn't load in properly and only displayed the shadows on their face - proper nightmare fuel. Did the bobsled minigame as per the Pure Xbox guide and it controlled horribly. I didn't quite get enough coins to complete the quest so went onto the next minigame, which involved rescuing a kidnapped Goofy by chucking snow balls at some Yeti (Yetis?) in a rail-shooter style mini game. It was miles better than the bobsled one, but went on way too long. I think I may have skipped over the controls because I couldn't figure out how to avoid the snowballs coming back at me - not that it seemed to make any difference though, as there didn't seem to be any lives or a health bar (or any consequences to being hit at all actually). Uninstalled as soon as the quest popped in case anyone was wondering 😂

One thing to note though - the coins don't "bank" until you actually complete the minigame, so you have to play through until the end to actually get the quest to pop.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 nice one, I'll probably give that a go tonight. I think I'm going to try playing it through the cloud on console instead!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Krzzystuff

@Clankylad i just bought a headset and cashed in $125 in rewards points. I don't buy games, this is just Xbox quests and the daily search points. So in a year I've managed to save around $150 worth of points.... freaking fantastic perk. Have almost 18K in points leftover still.

This will likely be how i buy any DLC down the line or any games here n there. So save up my friend...save up.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

dmcc0

I haven't actually tried Cloud via the console yet - it's not great on either my PC, phone or tablet so don't really have much confidence in it TBH. I tend to just remote install some of the rewards games to get the Quest for installing via the app each month anyway. I did try using cloud via console while I was doing remote play, but it would let me.

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic