Forums

Topic: Microsoft Rewards (Reward Points Thread)

Posts 161 to 180 of 241

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 I tried the console cloud for Disney. To be honest, it's only slightly better than it is on the phone. The screen did that big refresh thing still. I guess it was slightly less often. It's decent for doing the reward quests but i wouldn't play a proper game on it to be honest

See ya!

Krzzystuff

@dmcc0 I've been playing call of the sea strictly on xcloud on my phone or on console. I do find more issues on the console vs the phone. I'm on wifi in both cases but I just find it works better on the phone, not techy so don't know why.

For the weekly and monthly quests this is great and if you want to try something before commiting to a large download it's definitely a great addition. In theory this is amazing but you need to have the proper internet for it to reach that potential.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

dmcc0

@Krzzystuff I'll likely give it a go with this week's quests. My internet should be OK - two teenage kids and my wife constantly streaming stuff at the same time with no issues so I should be able to stream a game fine when nobody else in the house is online, but it's not been great so far.

dmcc0

dmcc0

I tried the console cloud version of Avengers to get this weeks quest and quality was pretty poor - even just the main menu was pretty glitchy with frequent sound drop-outs and graphical glitches. My console is wired and my internet is ~30Mbps so should be fine - I think the minimum requirement is 10Mbps, but it's pretty much the same over all my devices whether wired or WiFi. I'll maybe tinker with the router settings over the weekend and see if that makes a difference - it would be nice to get it working to a decent level.

The Titanfall2 Quest popped for me as I was in the lobby waiting for the match to start - didn't even need to get the required points. Probably just as well as I would've probably had to play all night to get the required points given how bad I was doing 😂

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

PhhhCough

Thanks to the rewards points, accumulated, and ms having the razer turret on sale, $50 off, I was able to get it for $165 after tax. Fingers crossed!

PhhhCough

Decoy_Snake

Has anyone else had trouble redeeming the Halo Infinite 6000 point reward? I got it for Gamepass through the page but it's not activated.

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@Kopite I think you need to buy the game and not just install it through game pass unfortunately (unless I've misunderstood what you've said).

The only times where those sorts of punchcards can be claimed without monetary input is if it's on an EA Play Trial (which comes with game pass ultimate). One of those ten hour jobbies. But to be fair, they've cracked down on it a bit and I think they'd "fixed" the last 6K punch card that featured a game available as an EA Play Trial before I could claim them.

Should be able to get the following with Halo Infinite on game pass; the 250pt achievement punch card and also the monthly game pass quest to get 3 achievements. I can't remember how many points that was for

See ya!

Decoy_Snake

@ralphdibny to thanks I just wondered as it said to purchase it then it had the Gamepass claim bit, it's the first time I've done the 6000 point card so at least I know going forward. Yeah I got the achievement one, Much appreciated ✌🏻

Edited on by Decoy_Snake

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@Kopite good stuff! I just started playing it today and ticked off that punch card too!

See ya!

Shigurui

Anyone else lost their daily set streak? Not exactly sure what it was but I know it was well into the hundreds yesterday and today it's on day one.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

SmilingDonkey

Shigurui wrote:

Anyone else lost their daily set streak? Not exactly sure what it was but I know it was well into the hundreds yesterday and today it's on day one.

Mine is still working

SmilingDonkey

dmcc0

@Shigurui I actually lost my streak the other day too. I was sure I'd done it the day before but have been having some issues getting the tasks to track after completing them lately - figured I'd just forgot to go back and try later or something.

dmcc0

Shigurui

@dmcc0 I contacted support and they put it right for me. They said I was late doing it, whatever that means as I do it at roughly the same time every morning. All sorted now.

dmcc0

@Shigurui good to hear they sorted it - I don't think I'll bother with Customer services though as I legitimately lost my 90+ day streak a couple of weeks ago (I was in a rush one morning and forgot to do in it), the latest one was only a couple of weeks old so won't have lost much.

dmcc0

Shigurui

@dmcc0 Thanks man, had I lost it legitimately I'd be fine about it but knowing full well I hadn't missed a day in almost 400 (support restored to 387), it really irked me lol.

ralphdibny

I hit 200 000 points today which is about £170. It's been almost a year (weekly streak is on 45 weeks) but it feels like much longer to be honest.

Ive only just started going for the daily achievements again after a month of being too busy. Eeking out Halo Infinite for an achievement a day has been good while I play Control on PS4.

Doing some calculations, I should hit £450 worth of money at Week 117, a fitting number for Xbox fans but is still well over a year away for me.

I am tired and I'm not sure how much longer I can go on with the Rewards but I'll keep plugging away for the moment.

See ya!

Decoy_Snake

@ralphdibny good going, I'll be happy if I can hit 12k a month to GP running for free 😁

I noticed today at the bottom of the app on Xbox there's a thing for 400k when I click on it goes to nothing anyone else seen it or am I going insane

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@Kopite cheers! 👍

I'm pretty sure that thing is just a placeholder for the points you get for buying stuff in the MS store anyway. 40K+ points is just a ridiculously large amount of points they put on there to say how much you could earn. Of course you'd have to spend like £200 to reach that amount so yeah, I think its no different to what you get normally.

I can't remember what the amount of points you get per £ were. I know there are two seemingly arbitrary tiers, where if you earn over a certain amount of points monthly (can be with any method, daily searches, daily/weekly sets etc) then you get more points back when you spend money in the store than you would if you were tier 1.

See ya!

Decoy_Snake

@ralphdibny I think I get 20 points per £1 spent but I've only been going a few weeks since I got the XSS. I actually saved a trophy from last night so I could pop it today 😄

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@Kopite haha nice. Yeah I do the same! Currently eeking out Halo Infinite. Sometimes it can spoil games a bit so it's good to choose a game with easy achievements that you care less about so you can eek out achievements if your main playtime is going to be on a different platform for that day

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic