Forums

Topic: Microsoft Rewards (Reward Points Thread)

Posts 161 to 169 of 169

Clankylad

My intention over the next few months is to amass enough reward points to basically get ‘Elden Ring’ for free. That way, I won’t feel bad when I give up on it after a couple of days for being too difficult and incomprehensible.

Clankylad

Krzzystuff

@Clankylad i just bought a headset and cashed in $125 in rewards points. I don't buy games, this is just Xbox quests and the daily search points. So in a year I've managed to save around $150 worth of points.... freaking fantastic perk. Have almost 18K in points leftover still.

This will likely be how i buy any DLC down the line or any games here n there. So save up my friend...save up.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

dmcc0

I haven't actually tried Cloud via the console yet - it's not great on either my PC, phone or tablet so don't really have much confidence in it TBH. I tend to just remote install some of the rewards games to get the Quest for installing via the app each month anyway. I did try using cloud via console while I was doing remote play, but it would let me.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 I tried the console cloud for Disney. To be honest, it's only slightly better than it is on the phone. The screen did that big refresh thing still. I guess it was slightly less often. It's decent for doing the reward quests but i wouldn't play a proper game on it to be honest

ralphdibny

Krzzystuff

@dmcc0 I've been playing call of the sea strictly on xcloud on my phone or on console. I do find more issues on the console vs the phone. I'm on wifi in both cases but I just find it works better on the phone, not techy so don't know why.

For the weekly and monthly quests this is great and if you want to try something before commiting to a large download it's definitely a great addition. In theory this is amazing but you need to have the proper internet for it to reach that potential.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

dmcc0

@Krzzystuff I'll likely give it a go with this week's quests. My internet should be OK - two teenage kids and my wife constantly streaming stuff at the same time with no issues so I should be able to stream a game fine when nobody else in the house is online, but it's not been great so far.

dmcc0

JohannVanDerSmut

Clankylad wrote:

My intention over the next few months is to amass enough reward points to basically get ‘Elden Ring’ for free.

That is my plan word for word lol

JohannVanDerSmut

dmcc0

I tried the console cloud version of Avengers to get this weeks quest and quality was pretty poor - even just the main menu was pretty glitchy with frequent sound drop-outs and graphical glitches. My console is wired and my internet is ~30Mbps so should be fine - I think the minimum requirement is 10Mbps, but it's pretty much the same over all my devices whether wired or WiFi. I'll maybe tinker with the router settings over the weekend and see if that makes a difference - it would be nice to get it working to a decent level.

The Titanfall2 Quest popped for me as I was in the lobby waiting for the match to start - didn't even need to get the required points. Probably just as well as I would've probably had to play all night to get the required points given how bad I was doing 😂

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

PhhhCough

Thanks to the rewards points, accumulated, and ms having the razer turret on sale, $50 off, I was able to get it for $165 after tax. Fingers crossed!

PhhhCough

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic