Forums

Topic: Microsoft Rewards (Reward Points Thread)

Posts 101 to 120 of 241

ralphdibny

@SithThanos ahh lame, I don't know what to suggest then. Unless the quests got turned in when you turned in another quest without you noticing the points difference? On the monthly quest, let us know the amount of dailies that have been ticked off for you (I think it's out of 45) and I'll check mine when I get home tonight and we can compare

See ya!

SithItachi

Just an update i have received 2 x of my play a game pass game. Just not todays one. Hey @ralphdibny have you received the one for today or like me im just waiting on that one. I have received the other 2 i missed thankfully...

SithItachi

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@SithThanos yeah I think I did, it was behaving normally for me last night some time after 6pm

See ya!

SithItachi

@ralphdibny

Just an update! I finally got the play a game pass points. Just now they are so delayed but thank goodness i got it. Sorry if i went on abit in this thread i was just worried about missing out on the 1000 points haha

SithItachi

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@SithThanos ahh sweet well done! Glad to hear it.

Nah your ok, can get a bit stressful when it's all through no fault of your own. Just know there's a bit of leeway for stuff like this, even if you need to be away from your Xbox for a few days or something

See ya!

dmcc0

Rewards seem to be back to normal - the Night in the Woods quest tracked immediately for me. Strange thing though, the Achievement for finishing the first chapter didn't pop until hours later when the console was off and I got a notification through the Xbox app on my phone.

@ralphdibny downloaded that Konami Picross app and am hooked - at approx 30% completion and lost a couple of evenings to it already! Touch controls are better than I expected, although I stupidly downloaded on my phone (even though I said I wouldn't) so fat-fingered a few of the 15x15 puzzles. I like how the puzzles are just randomly picked too rather than the usual method of starting with the simple 5x5 and slowly working up to bigger ones. Thank for the recommendation

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

ralphdibny

My rewards dashboard isn't working in the bing app on mobile. I don't mean the rewards tab where you can get most of the points quickly. I mean the actual web page that shows the punch cards and all that stuff. I'll probably try it in chrome at some point and if not I might have to start doing it on a computer ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@dmcc0 ahh awesome and no worries! Have you had the sound on? Sometimes I'd end up doing puzzles slowly if it was playing one of my favourite tracks ๐Ÿ˜‚. Yeah I forgot about the random puzzles too, that is excellent actually! It's a bit annoying in something like the Sega Picross where the puzzles just get bigger as you go on because the amount of time you can spend on the game is lopsided which means I might not have as much time to sit down and play in a few weeks/months when all I've got left is 25x25 puzzles. I know I can just pick some bigger ones now but I'm a sucker for logical progression so I've gotta do them in order ๐Ÿ˜‚

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Rewards dashboard has been working OK for me - usually do the daily set first thing and worked fine today and yesterday morning. I have has a couple of occasions recently where the 'click to find out about...' tasks don't register as complete first time, but assumed I was just closing the tab before it had properly loaded.

Sadly haven't played it with the sound on - I'm so used to playing while just having the TV on in the background or something so usually don't have the sound on at all. I'll have to remember to give it a try next time. Also, I quite often have a sneaky game at work if I'm quiet and don't want to get busted
Is the music tied to the theme of the puzzle? Does it play a Castlevania track if I'm doing a Castlevania puzzle etc, or is it just random?

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 aparently others are getting the same thing according to a Reddit page. Some other users on there have recommended the edge app for Android so Ive downloaded that and I'm going to try it tomorrow. Might give me the ability to switch up my Xbox search techniques too because if I use edge on mobile then I might not have to use it on the Xbox. We will see!

Just as I figured out a way to filter out all of the manipulative, depressing and anxiety inducing "news" stories on the bing app too. I've been "hiding stories from" the various outlets to the point where nothing was showing up on the home screen. Occasionally a random regional sports paper will pop up but there is a 0% chance I will click on a sports story (unless it's wrestling or something with a storyline ๐Ÿ˜…)

I think the music is random. I seem to remember restarting puzzles to get to a particular track because I definitely had my favourites. I can't say I was familiar with any of them because I haven't played many/any Konami games except the metal gear series and like TMNT and maybe some other licensed beat em ups. None of those feature in pixel puzzle unfortunately! Some are such absolute bangers though, really added to the experience for me!

See ya!

ralphdibny

I've switched my methods for daily points now.

I'm using Edge on Mobile to get the 60 mobile search points and 12 edge points. There is no stress causing and anxiety inducing news feed on that app to get tempted by (hurrah!)

I've been using Bing on Xbox for the 90 PC search points. Just clicking around to get them.

I need to work out what the best mobile search is to get 24 things to click on in order to contribute to my searches without having to type anything. The football teams fall short by a single search ๐Ÿ˜…

I've been really busy this week so I've been able to collect all the points except the daily 50pts for achievement. Missed out on about 3-4 days of that unfortunately.

See ya!

SithItachi

I use the method of edge on my pc and inspect it and make sure it shows mobile. That's how i get my mobile credit done!

SithItachi

Twitter:

SithItachi

So question Psychonauts 2 punch card for receiving an achievement for the game. Is it working for anyone else? Just wondering is all

SithItachi

Twitter:

Shigurui

SithThanos wrote:

I use the method of edge on my pc and inspect it and make sure it shows mobile. That's how i get my mobile credit done!

Could you explain how you're getting the mobile points on PC please? No matter what I do on mobile I can't get those points to register. Thanks!

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

SithItachi

@Shigurui

First thing to do is click on edge and make sure your account is signed in. Then right click on the left or right side of the browser and click INSPECT. Once you clicked on inspect there should be a bunch of code witting on the right but the top corner should be 2 symbols. The 2 symbols are next to the elements word. There is a mobile over an ipad looking device and then a mouse icon. Click on the mobile over the ipad device button and that should register as a mobile device for the reward system. I will upload a picture:

https://i.imgur.com/7uIhCeU.jpg

Once that icon is clicked on and you have to be inspecting with all the wrods on t he right you can search anything and it will register as a mobile device.

Also a good search topic once you are inspecting and all the words are on the right is Japan. I search japan in the image section and click on each title for japan giving me a new search result which gives me more points for using it haha.

Edited on by SithItachi

SithItachi

Twitter:

Shigurui

@SithThanos Thanks a lot mate, and thank you for going the extra mile and posting that image. Much appreciated!

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

ralphdibny

@SithThanos ahh cool, glad you explained that as I had no idea what you meant by inspect! I might give that a go later but not sure if I'll continue to use it as I'm more likely to be on my phone than the Xbox for most of the day anyway.

I wish there was a way to access the Xbox Rewards App on mobile so I can keep the streak going if I go on holiday or something

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny You can access the rewards app on console via remote play on the Xbox Mobile App, although you do still need to connect a controller.

dmcc0

DutchXbox

Hi everyone. My name is Eric, 42 year old Dutch guy who happens te love Xbox. But Iโ€™m in a bit of a pickle. I did all the weekly demands to gain Microsoft rewards in the app. I had a nice streak of 23 weeks of points. But then one day the quest for 50 weekly searches for the Bing app just quit on me. So I lost the streak and was put back to zero Then a new week starts and the 50 searches are working again. So I finished the demands for week 1 again en the week after that I doesnโ€™t do anything anymore. And so this goes week after week.

Does anybody have an solution? Sorry for my poor grammar, English is not my native tongue.

DutchXbox

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 ahh fair enough, I'll have to look into setting that up. Currently my Xbox is set to power off completely, not sure if I have to set up some sort of stand by mode or something. I normally lug an additional controller around that's paired to my phone anyway in addition to my actual Xbox.

@DutchXbox heya, contact Microsoft Support. There is anecdotal evidence that suggests they will restore lost streaks after app errors.

See ya!

DutchXbox

@ralpdinby I already spoke to them and gave me a bump for 5 weeks in. I told them that this doesnโ€™t solve my problem. The 50 Bing searches work every other week. So I lost the 5 week streak also. They responded by telling me that not all services work worldwide. My friend here in the Netherlands can complete every 50 searches every time.
Something is wrong with my account, but what?

Anybody and idea?

DutchXbox

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic