Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series S Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 144

Darylb88

Watch Dogs Legion will have Raytracing on Series S:

Darylb88

CRANIAL

Will MS Flight Simulator work on a Xbox series S ?
I love flying games and my main reason for wanting a Xbox series S/X is so I can play MS Flight Simulator 2020. My nephew said 'no' that I would need a series X or a top of the line PC with the best graphic card in order to play it. I did hear though at some point in the future . MS Flight Simulator will become available for the new S/X consoles.

CRANIAL

CRANIAL

Will I be able to use my 1TB external drive with the new series S/X ? I seen a video last week that appeared to show that the new consoles will require a special external and not the same kind i use on my Xbox one.

CRANIAL

Senua

@CRANIAL All old games can be played directly from your old HDD in Series S|X. For next-gen titles you can store it into your old HDD but you have to move it to the internal memory/Seagate expansion SSD to play.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BazzaRFC

@Ryall I watched this video earlier and have to agree with his comments at the start. There is a surprising lack of videos relating to this console compared to the series X by reviewers on YouTube. As I await my delivery, I would like more in depth hands on videos by tech YouTubers as the majority seem to be bypassing this console.

Edited on by BazzaRFC

BazzaRFC

mousieone

@BazzaRFC MVG is pretty tech savvy though so if they others donโ€™t do a breakdown he most likely will. He just really hasnโ€™t before as his focus was the mod community. Also he works for Nightdive and was the one helped get the original Shantee ported to the Switch. Heโ€™s not DF level but; heโ€™ll be pretty solid.

mousieone

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Senua

Looks like it will get a pretty good iFixit score.

Senua

aarondogg33

A couple questions.

which is better for gaming on tv? should i use the 4k setting, or switch to 1440. I don't yet have a tv that has a refresh rate of 120 I currently have 60 as probably most of you do.

I seen it split about 50/50. I typically play first person shooter games such as a call of duty and sports games.

aarondogg33

Krzzystuff

@aarondogg33 if your tv supports 4K60 play at that. Unless you have an S but even then dies it upscale to 4K with no impact to frames?

Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Random question... Thought about it today but it seems like no one is surprised there's no free gamepass ultimate time at all included in the box. I'm good until 2023 buy i would have thought at least a month would be in there. Maybe cuz launch day is for enthusist and they might throw some in there down the road?

Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Just saw it's the S thread lol. I'd say try it out on 4K and then switch it to the lower res and see if there's any difference in frames and the feel. If it's the same but not as pretty just 4K it.

Krzzystuff

aarondogg33

@graysoncharles I agree with everything you said. Thus far i am pretty happy with it. We just need more games to come out, and I wish the Hard drive was better. The way they set this up you almost certainly will have to buy an external one for $200 as it stands now. Hopefully price comes down because game sizes aren't going to come down they will only continue to rise. I downloaded Cold War and that was 136 gigs alone! Ill likely try and get X when they become more available.

Edited on by aarondogg33

aarondogg33

JGRockford

Nice!
Will certainly check this out ๐Ÿค—
It's it possible to attach several sources to the system?

I have a PC that acts as a media centre on the same tv the XBox is.

JGRockford

JGRockford

Yeah, will have to look into how it works. Been a while since looking into this story of thing.

PC is hooked up to TV via HDMI, the same way the XBox is, though I think I'll need to look at that upgrade some time too, as it's around 10yo ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

JGRockford

JGRockford

Yeah, good call ๐Ÿ˜
Running the Series X at 1080/60, no HDR ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Deserves so much better, though even playing now, is a huge step up from the PS4 slim I was on ๐Ÿค˜

JGRockford

mousieone

I believe the Series S is getting a 60fps patch for AC Valhalla from Ubisoft tomorrow.

Edited on by mousieone

mousieone

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic