Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Posts 201 to 220 of 309

RR529

NintendoByNature wrote:

I just realized past TotK, Pikmin 4, and Prime 4, there's not much to look forward to on switch. I can only think of a handful of switch games I'm excited for. Kind of concerning.

While I do believe we're going to be getting new hardware sooner than later, I don't think we should worry about the lineup yet unless we go through the summer without any notable announcements for the second half of the year.

I don't think they would have double dipped in Feb (Metroid & Kirby) & April (Advance Wars & XC: Future Redeemed) if they needed to fill out a thin release schedule in the second half.

Now, I could totally see them not having anything major on the horizon, so I can understand some trepidation, but I think they'll have something.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

@RR529 for sure. Even some smaller titles is fine, just right now I'm not seeing much on the horizon which I haven't been able to say since launch.

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

I'm very curious about what the next hardware will be. An updated Switch? Something completely new? I have a Switch Lite and the screen and speakers are awful. I prefer the smaller New Nintendo 3DS in spite of the low resolution.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@Banjo- I've been playing a fair bit of 3DS lately and I doubt it will happen but I really hope they make the Switch 2 have a 3D screen. Would be freaking awesome!

Would be even more awesome if they could shove some magic non existent hardware in the dock that could trick a 4K TV into displaying a 3D image using the passive cinema glasses

Would be triply awesome if the dock then had a blu ray drive that allowed me to watch my 3D blu rays in 3D on a non 3D TV

Ok, that was a bit of a tangent there lol

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Yep, I'm surprised that the 3D effect hasn't aged here. Some games like Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D nailed it! I like my smaller New 3DS more than my Switch Lite.

Banjo-

nomither6

@Banjo- i severely doubt that nintendo will ever make another console again & am under the assumption that they put themselves in a hole.

i think they’re just gonna milk the switch for as long as they can & then just release more handhelds from now on.

nomither6

Banjo-

@nomither6 Nothing would please me more than being able to play Nintendo's games on the most powerful Xbox with the "correct" button layout instead of on weak hardware and unreliable controllers.

Banjo-

nomither6

@Banjo- that would please us all; but the day nintendo puts their games anywhere else is the day only the most die hards of die hard nintendo fans will stay on their platform & nintendo would be on the brink of death and would have to pull a sega .

in an alternate world it’s very realistic to see nintendo be a subsidiary or exclusive to xbox like how sega was exclusive to nintendo with their sonic games for a while . They already have similar button layouts too , but as you said nintendos button placements are ridiculous.

i’ve honestly been hoping for a long time that nintendo goes third party and just make games because their hardware and infrastructure is terrible

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Banjo-

@nomither6 Yeah, if they became third party and published their games everywhere that would mean better hardware and controllers. Only Nintendo could release Breath of the Wild with Skyward Sword graphics and slideshow performance and get 10s from reviewers.

Banjo-

nomither6

@Banjo- damn, thats so true, but they gave halo infinite crap for it. all the more reason nintendo will never go mult-plat because of the insane favoritism they have from people and can also get away with never lowering their prices or being pro-consumer. i crap on sony alot for their really anti-consumer BS these past years but nintendo is worse.

i remember towards the end of the wii u's lifespan it was still full price!!! nintendo gets away with everything.

nomither6

Banjo-

@nomither6 They certainly get away with everything. It's also true that their fans seem to have double standards. I grew up playing on Nintendo but I see what my eyes see. Here, I've seen the same people saying that Halo Infinite is a huge disappointment because of the graphics and that Breath of the Wild is a 10/10 video game. I played Breath of the Wild at launch and the towns were a slideshow in spite of the tiny size and small population. They still are a slideshow in the Wii U version (original version). Breath of the Wild is the most overrated game I've ever played and not because of the graphics but because it's hollow and dull and I say this as a huge Zelda fan.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Sebatrox I agree. Super Mario Odyssey is also boring. It doesn't have the platforming and challenge of Super Mario Sunshine and it doesn't have the action of Super Mario Galaxy either. Mario Kart 8 is the most boring Mario Kart and it's also one of my favourite franchises. I don't know why Nintendo is so uninspired lately, it must be that the developers are not the same and that they try to attract the casual crowd with generic entries.

Banjo-

nomither6

incoming hot take but i think the new smash bros games are mediocre, downgrade & boring . looking past the inflated roster full of junk , the characters are all homogenized with no depth and all feel the same to play , they don’t feel distinct beyond a different animation for a special . i hate the jerky & janky twitchy gameplay it feels robotic and unpolished , i hate the balloon knockback . The roster is quantity over quality that just annoys the player & the experience and the items are hands down the most annoying and worse they’ve ever been

never have i been annoyed with smash before until ultimate . everything about it just seems designed to irritate you .

mario kart 8 is also a watered down mario kart wii . mario kart wii was way more fun , YES it was annoying BUT it was so fast paced and hectic and all the items were so strong , the shortcuts were insane , and THE WHEELIES . i also like the selection of karts and bikes better , nothing beats the flame bike and dolphin dasher

nomither6

Tasuki

@Sebatrox @Banjo- I agree with Super Mario Odyssey. I want to like it but honestly just get bored of it, but then again that's how I feel with most 3D Mario games. While open world style works well for games like GTA, Skyrim etc. It just doesn't work well for Mario games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Ralizah

lol Where to start.

Banjo- wrote:

I'm very curious about what the next hardware will be. An updated Switch? Something completely new? I have a Switch Lite and the screen and speakers are awful.

It's a budget model designed for children and people who want a cheap entry point into the ecosystem. The Switch OLED already has louder speakers and a high-quality screen.

Go for the cheap model, you're gonna get cheap hardware. shrug

Banjo- wrote:

Nothing would please me more than being able to play Nintendo's games on the most powerful Xbox with the "correct" button layout instead of on weak hardware and unreliable controllers.

The Nintendo layout came first with the SNES, so as far as "correct" ones go, that has a higher claim.

nomither6 wrote:

i severely doubt that nintendo will ever make another console again & am under the assumption that they put themselves in a hole.
i think they’re just gonna milk the switch for as long as they can & then just release more handhelds from now on.

Their next console will be another hybrid. The specs of the leaked SoC already put it roughly on par with what the eighth gen consoles were capable of. But with new technology, upscaling, etc. it'll probably hit closer to the Xbox Series S in terms of capability than, say, the PS4. At least docked. I'd expect it to be moderately weaker in handheld mode, in the same way that the current Switch reduces clock speeds when undocked. Either way, it'll be a gigantic step up from what we have now.

nomither6 wrote:

i remember towards the end of the wii u's lifespan it was still full price!!! nintendo gets away with everything.

The Wii U is also one of the lowest selling home consoles ever made. I think it actually sold less than the PS Vita. What exactly did they "get away with?"

Banjo- wrote:

They certainly get away with everything. It's also true that their fans seem to have double standards. I grew up playing on Nintendo but I see what my eyes see. Here, I've seen the same people saying that Halo Infinite is a huge disappointment because of the graphics and that Breath of the Wild is a 10/10 video game.

Aside from some Craig memes after the initial reveal, most of the people saying Halo Infinite is a disappointment are talking about the way they handled the multiplayer/live service aspect. As to image quality, people have different expectations for games on different hardware. Breath of the Wild looked amazing for a game on a handheld console on 2017 (and despite poor texture quality still does, since the art design is fantastic), whereas Halo Infinite didn't look nearly as good as Microsoft's flagship franchise ought to have looked on pretty extraordinarily powerful hardware.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

@Ralizah I am aware, notice the inverted commas. They are used to not bear the literal meaning. I don't think that the price of the Switch Lite matches the low quality of it at all. It's really bad. The regular Switch is also overpriced. The OLED model came too late for me. I couldn't disagree more with you about everything you said about Breath of the Wild but, if you check comments from certain people on this website about Halo Infinite and Breath of the Wild, you will see that I'm completely right about what I said and the terms that I used. I remember their names and what they said about both games in different threads.

@Tasuki @Sebatrox Best example I can think of is the brilliant Donkey Kong Trilogy and the confusing and weird Donkey Kong 64 😂. I completed Donkey Kong 64 100% but don't ask me to ever do it again.

@nomither6 I totally agree about Mario Kart 8 and I am a hardcore fan of that franchise and Zelda because I have been playing them all my life. Double Dash is a lot of fun and not because of the double drivers but because of the gameplay. Even the crazy Mario Kart Wii and the bare-bones Mario Kart 7 are more fun than Mario Kart 8. I bought the course pass and still I play the older Mario Kart games much more. Even Super Mario Kart still is great in its own right.

Banjo-

nomither6

@Banjo- what do u think about the pokémon games on switch ?

nomither6

Banjo-

@nomither6 I haven't played them. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or 3 either in spite of Xenoblade Chronicles X being my favourite Wii U game and the best Wii U exclusive including Breath of the Wild that was delayed, simplified (Gamepad features removed), ported to Switch and released for both platforms. The Wii U version still has "the slideshow effect" in those tiny towns.

Switch games are not cheap and the performance issues of the Xenoblade Chronicles and Pokemon games make me not want to go and buy them straight away. Same thing for Shin Megami Tensei V. Have you played the Pokemon games on Switch? Also, as we grow older we have less time for games. It's not just work but if I played all the games I am curious about I wouldn't have time for anything else and life goes so fast after the eighteenth year, doesn't it?

Banjo-

Balta666

Imo BotW is ok but not great because it removed most of what it made Zelda's great and and put in a fairly boring open world. I would not say however that it lacks inovation as the physics in the game are groundbreaking (simply nothing I care much about).

Funilly enough altough I love 2d platformers (DK, Sonic, celeste, Rayman, Messenger, shovel Knight, etc..), I never liked 2d Mario... On the other hand I adore sandbox 3d entries with 64 as my number 3 and odyssey as number 10 favourite games ever. They are a Joy to explore and complete (something I almost never do in other series). Galaxy however I found it to be a bit too linear for my taste (and the controls subpar)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic