Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 301 to 320 of 562

Lup

Beaten Fable Anniversary I think two days ago. Didn't love it as much as when I played it back in the day (The Lost Chapters) but it was fun. I also finished Gears 3. I'm thinking of taking a break from the series before continuing with Judgement though.

Lup

Balta666

Finished metal gear solid 3 tonight. What a masterpiece! I am playing the series for the first time and the first two entries I play them only for the story as the game is quite terrible in both and now 3 was such a breath of fresh air. I just realized today that the original version had fixed camera like the previous but the free camera is a game changing and the whole story of the boss in the end is quite eyewatering have to be frank. Moving into 4 now (let's see If my PC can mantain the 25 fps of the start...

Lavalera

Brutal Legend. Pretty cool game with an amazing soundtrack if you're a metal fan. The gameplay is basically a mix of action/adventure with rts elements. Not super long around 12 hours. Jack Black voices the main protagonist so means some cool rock and roll humor. And it's made by Tim Schafer as well. Pretty worth the time.

PSNid: Lavalera

Lavalera

@Balta666 I totally get you. The rts elements weren't on the level as those games you mentioned no. It didn't really bother me that much since there weren't that many battles and the game is on the short side, then i can personally handle a lot more.
I absolutely love that MS acquired double fine, lately i played more TIm Schafer games and even they are not often reviewed as game of the year games, they are often original and very fun to play.

augustusx

Removed - inappropriate

augustusx

Lup

Finished XCOM 2. Kind of an acquired taste, but man I got addicted to it.
Pretty hard in the beginning but once you begin developing your squad and equipment it becomes almost easy.
It was the vanilla game by the way.
Wouldn't have played it if it wasn't for the option to create my characters though.

Lup

RR529

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch) - Finally watched the credits roll after nearly 150 hours (about 3 months of playing nothing else but this). Great game, I have some minor issues with it (I wish it would tell you when there are new quest related convos available in a colony that way I didn't have to run through them multiple times, and I would have liked more outfit customization, the DLC swimsuits are nice but too late), but otherwise a very engaging experience. Definitely feeling a bit of that "content" bloat though (not sure I want to pour that much time into a game again, lol).

TOEM (Steam) - A nice, briskly paced experience after XC3. A very chill, "photo adventure" game. Think I have a handful of optional objectives left, but I'm satisfied with what I've done (main story + free DLC world).

Astro's Playroom (PS5) - Another briskly paced adventure that I worked through now that I got a PS5. Absolutely brilliant little platformer that stands right alongside Odyssey & Forgotten Land IMO. Really felt like a celebration of PlayStation history (gave off a vibe I only thought Nintendo would be able to pull off until now), and the company would be fools if they don't have a larger Astro adventure in development. The final boss in particular was fantabulous.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LtSarge

Just finished Scorn on Series X. What a great and unique experience! Really glad that I stuck with it even though its opening level is absolutely atrocious. As someone who knew nothing about the game going into it, it was frustrating to say the least to discover that it's initially a puzzle game and the first puzzle takes place in a huge area with many different paths and contraptions. It was so confusing and it made me give up on the game at first. But then I decided to give it another chance and it becomes much better after the first major puzzle. The pacing was much more consistent afterwards.

What I liked about the game is its art style. I don't know much about the style "biomechanical", which is apparently a style that an artist named H.R. Giger is known for incorporating in his paintings. It's also heavily reminiscent of the Alien movies, which I believe was also inspired by Giger's works. Either way, it's a very unique and captivating art style for a horror game. Even though the game itself was never scary in terms of jump scares, it was still incredibly disturbing due to its visuals.

In terms of gameplay, the game is primarily a puzzle title but it does get combat after a while when the game introduces enemies. In other words, you'll have to manage ammo and health later on. At first I didn't like this aspect because I thought it was just unnecessary. I'd just run away from the enemies whenever I could. But after some time, I found it to be more fun to actually shoot them as the game gives you plenty of ammo and health throughout its 5-6 hour campaign.

When it comes to the story, I honestly had no clue what was going on or what I even accomplished towards the end. Ultimately, I think this was an artistic experience where the player is supposed to make their own interpretations about the world and the events that unfolded there.

Along with a unique art style, the game had great sound to boot that made for a tense and creepy atmosphere.

In short, I really enjoyed my time with Scorn. If you disregard the awful opening level, there's a great game to be experienced here that doesn't overstay its welcome. I've read that some people think it's too short, but 5-6 hours is pretty standard for a horror game like this. I don't think it would've been better to extend it for longer than that. It accomplishes what it sets out to do, which is to create an artistic experience that's short but sweet. It definitely gets a recommendation from me.

On a side note, it was also pretty easy to get all the achievements. There are only 12 ones and I missed only one, which you can get very easily in the beginning of the game. Great title if you're looking for some easy gamerscore.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Lup

I finished The Forgotten City (leaving Game Pass soon, pretty short game!) yesterday.
It was a great little game with cool mechanics. The real appeal was the story though. A cool mystery, and thought-provoking questions.
I'm really glad I gave it a chance. Might be a little slow in the beginning but 100% worth it.

Lup

Lavalera

A Plague Tale: Requiem and Ni No Kuni I finished in the last 2 days. Requiem became my game of the year until now. Absolutely brilliant game. The visuals are absolutely beautiful. Landscapes from mountains, sea, islands to cities. The music is also great, very atmospheric. The voice acting is sublime especially the ones from Amicia and Hugo. The gameplay is basically a mix of stealth sections and tomb raider/uncharted type of trials. It's missing a bit of polish since it's an AA game, so lip sync isn't really there and it runs at 30 fps on consoles which I barely noticed to be honest. Overal it was great. I would highly recommend to play it if you played Innocence as well. For me it was a 9 710 game.

Ni No Kuni is good but not spectacular. It's biggest plus is the art style. The hand of Studio Ghibly is visible. The game is on the grindy side. If you like jrpgs and Ghibli give this one a go. For me it was a 7/10 game.

HarmanSmith

Finally beat Nier:Automata, endings A,B,C,D,E.

As most of you know this already, I think the main ending is absolutely brilliant!

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Lup

Finished Life is Strange: True Colors. After The Forgotten City I wanted another story-heavy not-much-gameplay kind of game.
LiS: True Colors is exactly that. A cool short little game with an interesting story. I was hooked enough to finish it in I think two-three days.
Nothing spectacular but fun.

Lup

Lavalera

@AgentCooper There isn't anything like that on Xbox. We just have gamerscore. I game on both sides and I personally like the trophy system better. The platinum trophy is just a little extra push to continue the game until you complete all trophies, and that's a feeling which i don't have on the Xbox. I know its weird, since it's only a digital medal basically, but somehow it does help for me.

RR529

Pretty new to PS5 and have recently completed both games that came with it, Astro's Playroom & Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Astro was fantastic, just as good as Nintendo's top tier platformers, IMO, and I loved the way it felt like a love letter to PlayStation history (gave it a sense of history that until now only Nintendo has been able to pull off). Earlier this week I finally found the last puzzle piece I was missing, so have now collected everything.

Wrapped Miles this week as well. I actually really enjoyed the smaller scale vibe & length of it, made the game feel much more personal (the time capsule, music, & postcard side quest lines really added to this too).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic