Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 301 to 314 of 314

Lavalera

@Lup good to hear you enjoyed Edith Finch. I also played it for the first time last month without knowing much of it except it got good reviews. And it surprised me. All the original and fun ways to tell the story of the Finch family were so put well together. Truly an indie gem. It's the kind of game which is hard to explain why it's that good but once you played it you're impressed. I'm so glad we can experience a lot of those good indies through gamepass and ps plus

PSNid: Lavalera

Lup

@Lavalera

Indeed, I was very into it since the beginning. It was very original. If you think about it, the story itself was good but nothing that special, but the way it's told and presented makes it a very unique experience. I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't for Game Pass, but I'm glad I did.

BTW, how long was Solasta? I'm not planning on playing it right now but I tried it for a while and I kinda liked it.
I kinda like D&D stuff, more specifically systems-related stuff. I know it's kind of weird but that game scratched that itch.

Lup

Lavalera

@Lup depends on how you play, I didn't do many side stuff and went through it in around 40ish hours. I'm not the fastest gamer and not that well known with d&d systems so some battles dragged on a bit longer than they should have. If your more well known the story should be doable in 35ish hours with side stuff a fair bit more.

For me it was more a trial and error game since I am interested in the Divinity original sin games after all the good stories, but never really played much of this type of game except for a bit of baldurs gate 1 or 2 I think with my brother years back. Back then I had trouble getting into rpgs, now it's what I play most, whether it's jrpg, crpg or big open world adventure games with rpg elements.

Lup

@Lavalera

Oh, sh#t, that's a lot more than I was expecting! I thought it was gonna be a 15-20ish hours game. Nothing wrong with being long. I love my games being long and I love open-world games too, but I was looking for something shorter right now.
Thanks for the answer! I'll probably wait a bit more to tackle this one.
I think I have Divinity 2 on PS4 but haven't tried it yet.

Lup

Balta666

Have beaten yoko island express (really nice pinball metroidvania) and metal gear solid 2 HD this weekend. In general the game looks way better than the PSOne counterpart but some of the boss fights are horrendous due to the cluncky controls (and obviously the story is bonkers)

Balta666

Lup

Beaten Fable Anniversary I think two days ago. Didn't love it as much as when I played it back in the day (The Lost Chapters) but it was fun. I also finished Gears 3. I'm thinking of taking a break from the series before continuing with Judgement though.

Lup

Balta666

Finished metal gear solid 3 tonight. What a masterpiece! I am playing the series for the first time and the first two entries I play them only for the story as the game is quite terrible in both and now 3 was such a breath of fresh air. I just realized today that the original version had fixed camera like the previous but the free camera is a game changing and the whole story of the boss in the end is quite eyewatering have to be frank. Moving into 4 now (let's see If my PC can mantain the 25 fps of the start...

Balta666

Balta666

Finished Tinykin in a couple of sittings. It is a fun pikmin/Chibi robo type of game. All the puzzles are simple but the scenarios are quite something. Apart from picking up all gold pieces is and easy achievement as well

Balta666

Lavalera

Brutal Legend. Pretty cool game with an amazing soundtrack if you're a metal fan. The gameplay is basically a mix of action/adventure with rts elements. Not super long around 12 hours. Jack Black voices the main protagonist so means some cool rock and roll humor. And it's made by Tim Schafer as well. Pretty worth the time.

Clankylad

Not an Xbox game, but I finished Uncharted: Lost Legacy on my recently acquired PS5, which I thought was a very good game overall. Although it had quite a long open world bit which got a bit boring, once it got past that it got a lot more enjoyable and finished with a running battle on a fast moving train which was ridiculously good fun.

Edited on by Clankylad

Clankylad

Balta666

@Lavalera I tried it last year and was enjoying the tone (and soundtrack!!) But bounced back as the RTS mechanics were hard to control (too much time playing c&c and WarCraft spoiled me I guess lol)

Balta666

Lavalera

@Balta666 I totally get you. The rts elements weren't on the level as those games you mentioned no. It didn't really bother me that much since there weren't that many battles and the game is on the short side, then i can personally handle a lot more.
I absolutely love that MS acquired double fine, lately i played more TIm Schafer games and even they are not often reviewed as game of the year games, they are often original and very fun to play.

Balta666

@Lavalera totally agree on double fine, they are allways weard (that can be either good and bad). Psychonauts 2 is easily my favourite game from last year for example.

Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic