I for one will miss the niche cloud gaming offers me. I have a Series X in the living room which I play 50% of the time, but i love the fact that i can fire up the docked chromebook downstairs and play something while my kid can still play on the X, both of us leveraging my GamePass sub. Sure, it's a wired LAN connection but it gave me options. And options was the benefit, AND what was marketed. I'm still waiting to see more details on what this exactly means for Play Anywhere titles, but it doesn't look good.
Maybe I'm a 4% minority but this will negatively influence my decisions in the future.
I for one will miss the niche cloud gaming offers me. I have a Series X in the living room which I play 50% of the time, but i love the fact that i can fire up the docked chromebook downstairs and play something while my kid can still play on the X, both of us leveraging my GamePass sub. Sure, it's a wired LAN connection but it gave me options. And options was the benefit, AND what was marketed. I'm still waiting to see more details on what this exactly means for Play Anywhere titles, but it doesn't look good.
Maybe I'm a 4% minority but this will negatively influence my decisions in the future.
I bought a series S specifically for Game Pass, and I'm loving it. It's possible a great game on GamePass could prompt me to get DLC, but that hasn't happened yet!
Counter-point from a MH semi-verteran here: Played MH3 on WiiU, MH4, MHG on 3DS, and MHU on 3ds AND Switch and MHW on PS4 (phew). I'm diving back in after playing on Switch, and this is the first in the series I lost interest in. I think it's these factors: #1 QoL improvement overdone resulting in a lot of rinse/repeat gameplay: Monster immediately on the map - Run to it, or the other monster to silkbind it, monster vs monster, slam it into a wall, whittle down health. Shampoo, condition #2 I feel Capcom followed the dollar and gave less meaningful special event quests. Before MHRise: Samus Aran armor/gun, Link Armor, shield, bow, Grappler Baki skins, Fairy Tale weapons, etc etc. Well aware some of those are Nintendo IP, but now you have a handful, and some of the rewards are... stickers?
In summary a step back in value in favour of a larger audience.
Comments 12
Re: Xbox Is Officially Putting Time Limits On Cloud Gaming For Game Pass Members
I for one will miss the niche cloud gaming offers me. I have a Series X in the living room which I play 50% of the time, but i love the fact that i can fire up the docked chromebook downstairs and play something while my kid can still play on the X, both of us leveraging my GamePass sub. Sure, it's a wired LAN connection but it gave me options. And options was the benefit, AND what was marketed. I'm still waiting to see more details on what this exactly means for Play Anywhere titles, but it doesn't look good.
Maybe I'm a 4% minority but this will negatively influence my decisions in the future.
Re: Poll: How Many Hours Of Xbox Cloud Gaming Do You Use Per-Month?
I for one will miss the niche cloud gaming offers me. I have a Series X in the living room which I play 50% of the time, but i love the fact that i can fire up the docked chromebook downstairs and play something while my kid can still play on the X, both of us leveraging my GamePass sub. Sure, it's a wired LAN connection but it gave me options. And options was the benefit, AND what was marketed. I'm still waiting to see more details on what this exactly means for Play Anywhere titles, but it doesn't look good.
Maybe I'm a 4% minority but this will negatively influence my decisions in the future.
Re: Minecraft's Next Big Update For Xbox Officially Arrives June 2024
Find/replace “Ray tracing” with “pbr”. Cracks open a refreshing PBR
Re: Minecraft's Next Big Update Officially Arrives June 2024
Checks article for any mention of ray tracing on console, sees none, moves on with life
Re: Square Enix Makes Surprise Appearance At Xbox Developer Direct 2024
All i care about. The ONLY things I care about, are those plushies behind him. Namely the lil cactus and Flammie.
Re: Tell Me Why Is Completely Free To Claim On Xbox Throughout June 2023
I’m waiting for the sequel: Ain’t Nothin’ But a Heartache
Re: Xbox Game Pass: All Games Coming Soon In May 2023
Terraria, was that you?
Re: Massive Chalice
I’m pretty sure you piqued my interest at “forging marriages”
Re: Here's What Might Be Leaving Xbox Game Pass In June 2023
Must…. Complete… Assassin’s Creed…. Odyss.. thump
Re: Wild Hearts 'Welcome To Minato' Story Trailer Arrives, Xbox Game Pass Trial Begins Today
Hmm... some possibly misdirected Princess Mononoke vibes with some of these beasts. cough*ripoff!
Re: Talking Point: Do You Buy Less Third-Party Titles Because Of Xbox Game Pass?
I bought a series S specifically for Game Pass, and I'm loving it.
It's possible a great game on GamePass could prompt me to get DLC, but that hasn't happened yet!
Re: Talking Point: What Do You Think Of Monster Hunter Rise So Far?
Counter-point from a MH semi-verteran here: Played MH3 on WiiU, MH4, MHG on 3DS, and MHU on 3ds AND Switch and MHW on PS4 (phew). I'm diving back in after playing on Switch, and this is the first in the series I lost interest in. I think it's these factors:
#1 QoL improvement overdone resulting in a lot of rinse/repeat gameplay: Monster immediately on the map - Run to it, or the other monster to silkbind it, monster vs monster, slam it into a wall, whittle down health. Shampoo, condition
#2 I feel Capcom followed the dollar and gave less meaningful special event quests. Before MHRise: Samus Aran armor/gun, Link Armor, shield, bow, Grappler Baki skins, Fairy Tale weapons, etc etc. Well aware some of those are Nintendo IP, but now you have a handful, and some of the rewards are... stickers?
In summary a step back in value in favour of a larger audience.