Forums

Topic: What Xbox One game are you currently playing?

Posts 221 to 240 of 253

LtSarge

Started playing It Takes Two today with my brother. I've been wanting to play this game for so long but I don't usually play co-op games with people. So I took this opportunity to play with him and so far it's a really fun game! He doesn't play a lot of games though so playing a 3D platformer has been pretty challenging for him but he's still enjoying it. Although I do have to say that some areas and boss fights have been absolutely brutal compared to the previous sections of the game. For example, the part where you have to avoid nails that are raining down or the boss fight against the toolbox. I don't mind the challenge, but it definitely makes things harder for my brother. Regardless, it's nice to finally be able to play through this game and hopefully we'll finish it eventually.

On a side note, this is another title that I'm really glad it's on Cloud Gaming. My brother hadn't downloaded the game and so I suggested that we try playing it through the cloud and it works wonderfully! Otherwise we would've had to wait a pretty long time before it finished downloading.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

Continued my playthrough of the first Halo on Friday. I wasn't very far in it when I started it over a year ago after playing Reach, but I had two options before playing Infinite. Either play through the whole series or just play 5 and jump into Infinite since it picks up after 5. I guess I decided to take the long route.

Oddly enough, I never played the original Halo before as I got an Xbox shortly after Halo 2 came out and never went back to play the original (especially since I was burnt out on Halo and didn't even play Halo 4). Aside from a couple of things that make it quite obvious that it's 20 years old (no run button and no direction most of the time, making it easy to get lost occasionally), I'm obviously having a pretty good time with it.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

And then I played Halo again today and had everything come crashing down in what was possibly the worst level of a video game I've ever experienced in my life.... Mission 5 (Assault on the Control Room). It was insanely repetitive, as it was over 2 hours of the same three locations. It was also insanely frustrating due to the shields being insanely weak in this game.

I understand the game is 20 years old, but this mission was so bad I was eventually begging for it to be over after every portion of it I managed to get through. I would have been one of the few Xbox owners to have never finished Halo CE, but I managed to get through it after way too much time. Hopefully the second half of the game doesn't have any of that crap, as I was enjoying it for the most part up until I was nearly forced to give up.

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Yeah, the first Halo definitely has some of the most awful levels of all the Halo games. I get it that it was probably incredible for its time but it's definitely not aged well at all due to its level design. It's just so repetitive, there are quite a few levels where you're constantly walking down corridor after corridor with the same environments repeating over and over again. At that point it doesn't matter how great the game was at the time, it's just annoying to play today. Can you imagine playing through these sections on Legendary? I did that and it was absolutely awful, I'm never doing that ever again. Not to mention that there's extensive backtracking later on in the game.

If you asked me which game in the Halo series is the weakest one, I'd easily say Halo 1.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge If I tried it on Legendary, I'd be really glad I bought a second controller because I'm not sure where I would have chucked the one that came with the Series X.

You are right about the level design, although Mission 5 was the only one that stuck out so much that it ruined the experience. Like I said earlier, as long as none of the final 5 missions are even close to being that awful I should be ok to be able to finish it on the side while also working on Dragon Age 2. I'm fairly excited to play Halo 2's campaign for the first time since I played it on the original Xbox, so I will give the back half of Halo CE a shot regardless of how awful the experience was today.

Gamer83

Just finished the Halo Infinite campaign about an hour or so ago. Really liked it, especially the open world, which I'll now be doing some post-game stuff to clean up what I missed.

Gamer83

LtSarge

Started playing Renegade Ops on Xbox 360 today. I remember playing it for a while over 10 years ago (!) but I never finished it. Decided to pick it up again today, started a new save file and this game is bloody amazing! It's like Just Cause but as a fast-paced twin-stick shooter and it's soooooo much fun! I can't believe how overlooked this game is, especially since it was actually made by Avalanche Studios, the Just Cause developer. It also made me remember the good old Xbox Live Arcade (and PSN) days of getting these smaller digital titles that were absolutely outstanding. I personally loved all the twin-stick shooters, which we barely get any of these days. And when I mean twin-stick shooters, I mean ones with an arcade design where the goal is to just get through levels, shoot everything in sight and get high scores, i.e. simple pick up and play games. Because that's what Renegade Ops pretty much is, but it also has its own quirks and since it was made by the Just Cause developer, you're going to see a lot of destructible environments and explosions and it's just pure fun. I highly recommend playing this game, it's just so good!

LtSarge

dmcc0

@LtSarge I remember playing this briefly back on the PS3 - think it must've been part of PS+ or something. Like so many PS+ games at the time though, I didn't really give it much time before consigning it to the backlog and never getting around to playing before the sub expired. Pity it doesn't seem to be BC on Xbox as I remember it being great fun, could dust off the PS3 I suppose, although it does seem to be available on Steam so maybe add it to my wish list there and pick up in a sale I'm sure even my rickety old PC could handle that.

dmcc0

DONIMAL316

batman arkham asylum. first time and love it!!

DONIMAL316

LtSarge

@dmcc0 You should definitely give it another go! I was so surprised at how much I've missed twin-stick shooters from the PS3/360 era, like this, Gatling Gears and so on. It's too bad that it's not backwards compatible on Xbox but if you do find a way, then go for it! I'm almost halfway through the campaign and I've been having an absolute blast.

LtSarge

dmcc0

@LtSarge Looks like it gets regular deep discounts on Steam so will definitely add to the wish list and pick it up in the next sale.

dmcc0

LtSarge

Started playing Fez on 360. Very impressed by the game so far! I've apparently been playing it for an hour now, which didn't feel like it at all. It's very easy to get absorbed into the game and be in constant awe as you're playing it. It did feel a bit overwhelming at first since there are so many different paths you can take, but I think I'm just going to focus on one thing at a time and just enjoy the experience. It's a very relaxing game, it kinda gives off Terraria vibes for me. Soothing music, nice-looking environments and so on. This is definitely something I need to play now in between my playthroughs of Mass Effect Andromeda and Steins;Gate 0.

LtSarge

Balta666

I have started Lost odyssey this weekend as part of my saga through 360 classics I missed. Still early on, the performances are a bit on the campy side but the dreams are ratter interesting. Gameplay is still a bit basic so far and it looks like it is a fairly grindy game but I am fine with that. Would like a better way to rest before boss battles though

isturbo1984

Soul Calibur VI. I got a small backlog of physical last gen games I want to get through. Not gonna lie, very manageable, 12 on the Xbox One and only 4 left on the PS4. Then I plan on re-doing the shelf. But of my 12 Xbox One titles, 3 of them are fighters. It's taken me quite a long time to get to em. I'm discovering the genre isn't my favorite. Going to be very selective going forward.

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

loosegoose80

Im busy with Batman Arkham Knight. its hard even on easy mode.

frikkin Cobra tanks are a pain in the butt

loosegoose80

PhhhCough

Playing elden ring on the series x, but I'm starting prey(2017) and quantum break, to slow things down.

PhhhCough

crippyd

I've just started the most recent Tomb Raider and I'll be getting stuck into Resi 8 too.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

LtSarge

Started playing Prototype on Xbox 360 today. Played for about an hour and so far it's great fun. Really missed this kind of open world superhero games where you can just run up buildings, fly and beat everything up as an unstoppable force. There were lots of these games during the PS3/360 era like inFAMOUS, Crackdown and so on. Shame we don't see more of them these days as it's just fun to perform mindless chaos in a sandbox world.

LtSarge

Tasuki

@LtSarge I think you missed the point of this thread its what Xbox One game are you playing not what are you playing on Xbox One.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic