Forums

Topic: What Xbox One game are you currently playing?

Posts 201 to 220 of 253

Bmartin001

Currently play Yoku's island express, Very fun game..

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

LtSarge

Started playing Quake since I quite enjoy the old school DOOM games and I wanted to see how this game fares compared to them. I'm actually enjoying it very much, probably more than the older DOOM titles. The fact that you can now aim vertically and are able to jump are such major improvements that you don't even think about their absence in DOOM because those games weren't designed around those aspects. I'm also really liking the medieval theme instead of the hell theme in DOOM. It actually reminds me of Elder Scrolls, like if DOOM and Elder Scrolls had a baby this would be it. So yeah, I'm very much enjoying my time with this game and I can't wait to play more.

On a side note, I'm actually getting quite tired of playing the older DOOM games. I've finished DOOM 1 and 2 but I'm struggling to get through DOOM 64. Apparently it's one of the best games in the series but I just find the levels to be incredibly repetitive. It's always about finding different cards in order to progress, instead of having for example a normal level where you just get to the end, a level about finding cards, a level with a boss fight and then it's over and so on. So I don't know, but the fact that I'm enjoying Quake more just goes to show how much different that series is despite it pretty much being a "continuation" of the DOOM franchise.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge Doom 64 is more puzzle based I think. I found it quite scary as well, just really moody and the low key soundtrack is quite haunting!

Looking forward to playing Quake when I get some time, it's a shame they didn't port Quake 2 to console as well! Sounds like the first Quake has tons of levels too with all the expansions so I'll have to make a lot of time for it.

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I think that's why I don't like DOOM 64 as much as the first two games. Too much wandering around trying to figure out how to unlock the next door instead of keeping a good pace going throughout the levels.

Yeah, Quake 1 seems to have a lot of extra content so I think that'll keep you busy until the other Quake games are ported to Xbox. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be ported if the first one is available there.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I do wonder if they will actually bother porting Quake 2. It seems to be a bit hit and miss in terms of what they port to console. I think if there's a lot of demand for it then they will do it like in the case of Microsoft Flight Simulator but stuff like half the Wolfenstein games, Age of Empires and some other things remain PC exclusive. I would have thought that all the Quake games would have come at the same time if the rest were going to come at all. Not sure, that's just the feeling I have about it.

See ya!

LtSarge

Been checking out a lot of games on Game Pass lately. First, I've gone back to wrapping up Psychonauts 2 as I'm only a couple of hours away from the end. Second, I've been playing Superliminal, which is an absolutely brilliant puzzle game and it's up there with Portal as one of the most creative and unique puzzle games I've played. Finally, I gave Monster Sanctuary a go as I have it on my watchlist on the Switch and it's on sale now so I thought I'd try it out on Game Pass before buying it. It's basically a mix between a 2D Metroidvania and Pokémon turn-based battles and it's awesome. Apparently it's 30 hours long, so I'm definitely going to buy it now on the Switch and take my time with it there and leave the shorter games for Game Pass.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

Started playing Fable Anniversary on 360 today. It's my first time playing through this series as it's one of the few Xbox exclusives I just haven't played through at all. I played it for a couple of hours and so far I'm absolutely loving this game. I've actually been craving a western RPG to play lately, such as Skyrim or AC: Origins but those games are too long to get through seeing as how I have other games I want to play soon as well. So I decided to go for Fable and it pretty much feels like a lite version of Skyrim. The gameplay is very simple and the game is easy to pick up and play (and also not that long) so I'm definitely going to play through it during the coming weeks. I'm really glad that I'm finally checking this series out after all this time!

LtSarge

LtSarge

@Balta666 Ah nice, I'm looking forward to seeing what I think of the rest of the trilogy. It does seem like it's an underrated franchise now that we haven't seen a new mainline Fable game in over a decade.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Somebody much have forgotten that they played but never finished both 2 and 3 back in the day... I was looking through your achievements yesterday (I like to do that with achievements/trophies to compare sometimes) just to see what older games you've played and I remember seeing both of them.

I remember highly enjoying both 1 and 2 back when they came out, but never played 3. I'm guessing it came out after I shifted from the 360 to the PS3.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz I never played through Fable 2 and 3 but yeah I did play them for maybe a couple of hours like a decade ago lol. I don't remember anything about those games though given the short amount of time I played them so the series might as well be new for me! Looking forward to giving those games a proper go this time around.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge It's fine. I was just being technical.

I hope you enjoy all of them. You should obviously. I remember the first two being pretty enjoyable. Maybe I'll finally play the 3rd one someday. It's not going anywhere.

LtSarge

@KilloWertz You could always play it when the next Fable game is about to come out in order to get hyped for it. I think that's what I'm going to do as I'll probably not get to Fable 3 for quite some time. I tend to take my time with franchises, so I can definitely see it taking 1-2 years before I get to the third game of a series.

LtSarge

Vincent294

Quake remaster is great, Quake II RTX is a blast on PC but seeing a Quake Night Dive remaster would be a great choice for the masses. Quake II RTX is a Vulkan RT renderer on top of id Tech where Night Dive has their own engine, the KEX engine, that Quake remaster uses.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

KilloWertz

@LtSarge That makes a lot of sense. I will probably follow your suggestion there and finally play it before Fable comes out (in 2023 or 2024).

LtSarge

What a bloody joke. I've been playing Halo Infinite for about an hour now and I just encountered an audio glitch during the second mission Foundation where I'm getting this buzzing noise and then the sound completely cuts off. I've tried reloading from an earlier checkpoint, restarting the mission and closing down the game and then opening it up back again. And now there's no audio at all even from the menu and I can't even continue playing as I just get a black screen whenever I try to resume my playthrough.

Good thing they delayed the game for a year and it still launches in an awful state. At this point I honestly think I'll just delete the game and my save file and just play the cloud version instead since I'm assuming it's more optimised than the base XB1 version. It's too bad that the game isn't available on Cloud Gaming right now for some reason, but I think I'll just be patient. It's not like I don't have enough to play anyway. This is a clear reminder to me though that I shouldn't play games like this on day one. I'm so glad that I didn't spend money on it.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Obviously this has happened too often with games since the pandemic started, but I've also played several that have launched in pretty solid states. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was a game I played shortly after launch, and while it did have the occasional glitch, I only experienced one glitch the whole time that actually forced to me close the game and then restart it. Kena: Bridge of Spirits was a pretty smooth experience as well. Mass Effect Legendary Edition and even Assassin's Creed Valhalla both come to mind as well. Yes, Valhalla had a boatload of things that got fixed via it's many patches, but I never experienced anything gamebreaking like that in the main game. It was only the yuletide stuff they periodically added on that would be so glitchy that I had to give up on them.

I guess it's a good thing I planned on waiting to play Halo Infinite until sometime next year. I still have Halo 5 to play before Infinite. I could have set what I've been playing lately aside (Dragon Age 2), but I'm good. The game seemed to be in better shape than some games that have come out this year with the random stutter/pausing for a second or two and the framerate of facial animations being off being what I knew of before now, but I'll enjoy it better whenever they fix a few things anyways.

LtSarge

@KilloWertz In all honesty, I probably shouldn't have bothered with playing the game on my base Xbox One. I knew playing the game through Cloud Gaming (i.e. the Series X/S version) would yield a much better experience and guess what, I just played the game for an hour through the cloud and it was flawless. No game-breaking bugs, no lag, just a fun good time. I guess it's partly my fault for expecting anything like that on my base XB1.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic