Forums

Topic: Game Pass Club

Posts 101 to 120 of 236

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Nice mate! Glad to hear that you enjoyed Battletoads. I still haven't finished Tell Me Why chapter 1 yet but I believe I have one hour or so left of it so I should be done with it during the weekend, so I'll be able to read your thoughts about it then. But yeah, it's really good so far!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge How'd you get on? Did you manage to polish off tell me why ep 1?

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Sadly no new progress since my last post. I've been completely engrossed by Wasteland 3 that came out last Friday and I haven't found any time to play Tell Me Why. I'm definitely going to finish off the first chapter before the next one comes out later this week though!

LtSarge

Justifier

I completed Tell Me Why chapter 1 but haven't even touched Battletoads yet. But I loved Tell Me Why and I'm very interested to see how the story continues.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

LtSarge

I've finished the first chapter of Tell Me Why now as well and it was really good! I liked the twist at the end and in all honesty, the game was fairly interesting with its supernatural elements with regards to the twins' telepathy, but it got way more interesting once The Mad Hunter showed up in the real world. Now that I didn't expect at all and I'm really hoping that Dontnod will go all out with this aspect of the story. I would love it if something crazy had been going on behind the scenes with their mother and the fictional characters. That would be insane, lol.

ralphdibny (removed the @ just so you don't get tagged for spoilers down below) Wow props to you for actually reading through all the goblin stories. As soon as I saw how extensive the book was, I just put it away instantly lol. I don't really care for that stuff in all honesty, although it would be interesting to see which other stories you're going to need to read in order to solve puzzles in future chapters. But yeah, I'm seriously loving the characters and the highlight for me is definitely Tyler. I would've actually loved to be his friend if he had existed in real life, lol. He just seems like such a cool guy to be around and have fun with. Very interesting to talk to as well.

I actually managed to get the entire truth from Tessa. Don't know if you're planning on replaying the game after you've finished it, but I'll leave what she says in spoiler tags down below.

So you basically find out that Tessa was trying to convince Mary-Ann to send Tyler away to some crazy religious group that would "convert" Tyler from feeling like a boy to becoming a pure girl. And those people don't treat kids that well, so Tyler was really upset with Tessa. You also learn that Mary-Ann was apparently not well during this time and Tessa wanted to fix that by helping her out with Tyler. Finally, the last thing we find out is that Mary-Ann wasn't actually bothered that Tyler felt like a boy, she was accepting of that.

Was actually surprised when I realised how easy it was to mess up this part since you had to pick very specific answers.

So yeah, this first chapter was really good. It feels nice to be following along with a game like this since I usually just play them years after they've been released with all their episodes. But now to anticipate the next episode like a TV show is pretty exciting. Can't wait to find out what's going to happen in the next part!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@Justifier well done, yeah it should be a good one!

@LtSarge was the mad hunter that thing that popped up with a giant studio gibhli level creep grin? I think I saw that as a hallucination or some kind of visual omen that wasn't necessarily within the real world of the game. Though I suspect it is open to interpretation!

I was sort of getting the impression that the real characters you meet are analogues to the some of the animals in the book, Wizard of Oz style. So the drunk guy (I think his name was Sam) was definitely the bear because he was clearly in love with the mum and looked out/after her. Not sure if maybe Tessa was the moose cos she was always sticking her nose in or maybe the pelican because she was a bit up herself, or even the secret keeper which I can't remember much about except that she gives the goblins the "voice". From that assumption I deduced that the mad hunter, having been created by the mother, was the personification of her illness which seemed to be a combination of depression and psychosis. Being that the kids have some supernatural/fringe science link to eachother already, I wouldn't be surprised if this mad hunter could be passed down from their mum by this same link.

Ah I kind of got that vibe from the convo with and the evidence I gathered about Tessa, I guess she just didn't confirm it. I don't think she realises what sort of damage a camp like that could do to a kid!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I mean you're probably right regarding The Mad Hunter. It's probably just a hallucination, although my theory is that Mary-Ann was trying to chase it away with her shotgun that night and wasn't trying to kill Tyler at all. Maybe she was seeing The Mad Hunter behind Tyler when they were out on the boardwalk that night, which is why she said "I'm going to kill you" straight to him and we thought she was saying that to Tyler. Or maybe Tyler himself is The Mad Hunter since, like you mentioned, each person from Delos Crossing seem to be a character from that story book. I'm actually interested to see what other characters the other persons are represented as. For example, who are the Old Witch and the Ice King? Maybe that could be a hint to who the bad guy really is.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that you also find out from Tessa that Mary-Ann was actually being supportive of Tyler and accepted the fact that he felt like a boy. Which means that she wasn't actually trying to kill him that night.

But yeah, even though The Mad Hunter is probably an illusion, I would love to see some kind of mixing of reality and fiction here since it would make things really interesting. I got seriously excited when I saw how creepy The Mad Hunter actually was, since I just love that stuff in general. It makes me ponder why nobody has made a cartoon horror game yet. Like monsters that are just ridiculously designed instead of these basic figures and humans we see in typical horror games. I'd love to play a game like that!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge yeah I definitely get the vibe that Mary Ann wasn't trying to kill Tyler. Still though, I don't begrudge the kids for going the lengths they did because without knowing what was going through her head, it definitely would've appeared that she was trying to kill him. That being said, I'm pretty sure a shotgun aimed above his head would have still sprayed him with buckshot so he would've ended up severely disfigured or dead anyway if Mary Ann had shot the gun.

seems like all the stuff that was basically explained but not confirmed was just outright confirmed by that conversation. Even while "failing" to meet its parameters, I still got the general sense that Mary Ann was attempting to be supportive and that Tessa was sticking her nose in

I'm trying to think if there are any games like that, I don't doubt that there are some Indies that take that design choice but I wouldn't know what. I duno if you've seen any studio gibhli films but there are a few set in worlds that are populated with those sorts of designs. Spirited away pops to mind but it's been a decade since I watched it so I might be misremembering. I think that creepy smile, while present in certain studio gibhli characters probably originated with the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland though! Thinking about it now, there's a nominal similarity between the mad hunter and the mad hatter

See ya!

LtSarge

I'm halfway through the second chapter of Tell Me Why now. I can't tell you how much I've missed this game over the past couple of days, I'm seriously in love with these characters and the part where they run around in the house as both younger and older versions of themselves help make that even clearer. That part was 100% feel-good, I tell you what.

Anyway, the story development is getting more and more interesting and the gameplay is also getting rather intense since it seems like you can actually miss out on important information if you don't do well enough in the game. I'm also really curious to see how our choices will matter down the line.

Also, I'm really loving the weekly releases of this game. I honestly wouldn't have been this excited about playing it if all three chapters were already available. It gives you something to look forward to and you don't have to wait too long either.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

@ralphdibny So I had a realisation earlier while playing Tell Me Why and I think I've figured out who The Mad Hunter is in their world. Not going to say anything since it might turn out to be true, but there's a strong possibility that he's the "villain" of this game. I think you'll figure it out throughout chapter 2 as well.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge nice! Hopefully I'll give it a go tomorrow, I've been trying to tick off some Switch games this week, played through star wars episode 1 racer earlier this week and now I'm about a third of the way through doom 2 and that super Mario 3d all stars announcement has thrown everything in the air (money wise). I should get some time for that sweet sweet game pass tomorrow though!

See ya!

LtSarge

Finished the second chapter of Tell Me Why just now and man the game has really kicked it up a notch in terms of giving you difficult choices to make. To be honest, I've been trying to always pick the choices that makes the bond between Tyler and Alyson stronger (when that icon appears and the two stars align) and I've reset the game every time the "bad" icon appeared. So there was one choice that I'd picked that the overwhelming majority chose as well but when I did that, the aligned star split up into two pieces, meaning this choice would affect the relationship with the other twin. Because at first I thought that the stars weren't just about my twin, but instead all characters and that they were either good choices (aligned star) or bad choices (split star). However, the "good" choice I made created a split star so it cannot be the case that the choice affects other characters. It must mean that these decisions only have an impact on the twins' relationship to each other. Which is why I decided to go for the other choice so that I wouldn't potentially negatively affect something between the twins in the last chapter. I did feel bad though but that's how I'm playing the game. I mean, there's always the chance that even though the choice felt right at this point in time, it could prove to be very regretful later on. So hopefully I chose right in the long run.

Anyway, this chapter started off really good but ended in a sort of vague way. I'm guessing that's just because this is the second to last chapter so they had to make things a bit unclear before the final one. But the things you learn throughout this chapter were seriously huge. I'm really curious to see how the developer will be able to wrap everything up in the final chapter. Kinda sad that it's almost ending already though.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@Tjuz @Justifier @Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @nessisonett @LtSarge

Massive bod tag again! How is everybody getting on with their games? I know some of you were still on Observation, Blair Witch and Battletoads, how's that coming along?

Remember you don't have to play every game in the club so feel free to skip some if you are behind and jump to our most recent game which is currently Tell Me Why.

I'm half way through episode 2 of Tell Me why (just waiting for random mid week updates of the game to finish before I can continue) and Episode 3 is out tomorrow.

With that in mind, should we start the next game this weekend or next weekend to give people some time to finish up whatever they're playing through at the moment?

And what should our next game be? Throw out suggestions and I'll tally up the most common games and we will pick the most popular/game people are most willing to play. Also, if there are any games you'd be willing to play from a previous post then write them down. So format your post like this:

My choices:
...Insert games here...
Games I'd be willing to play from previous posts:
...insert games here...

With that in mind, here are my choices. I know some of you have probably played these games before so just don't add them to your own willing to play lists!

My choices:
Alan Wake
Alien Isolation
De Blob
Deliver Us to the moon
The Talos Principle
The Turing test
Quantum Break
Ryse Son of Rome
Sniper Elite 4
Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice
New super Lucky's tale

I'll add my "willing to play" games once other people have added some choices and likewise please post again after someone else has posted to add games to your own willing to play lists!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Justifier

I'll think that I pass Battletoads for now. But I finished Tell Me Why chapter 2 yesterday, and I'm excited for final chapter.

My choices:
Spiritfarer
Subnautica
ReCore
Oxenfree
Outer Wilds

Games I'd be willing to play from previous posts:
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
New super Lucky's tale
Ryse Son of Rome
Deliver Us the moon
Quantum Break (have played but liked it a lot, and I'm always interested in more achievements
From LtSarges list:
Resident Evil 7 (great for halloween indeed)
Fable Anniversary
Metro 2033
Yooka-Laylee

Edited on by Justifier

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Ooh, I’d be down for Alan Wake! I haven’t played it in years and I played Control recently so it would be cool to go back. I just got back into FFXIV so don’t have too much spare time 😅

@LtSarge I’ve been trying to keep the Game Club going on PS! We’re currently on Hollow Knight and then onto DOOM and Resi 2 for Halloween.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Nice mate, I'm glad that you could take the helm of it! Apologies for leaving so suddenly by the way. I just felt like it was time for me to move on and my interest in PlayStation at that time was dwindling as well. I haven't even turned on my PS4 for over a month now, let alone finished BioShock on there lol. All my gaming time has been on Xbox now, which is why I decided to create a new account here.

@ralphdibny @Justifier Based on the lists you guys have put up, I'd be willing to play:

Alan Wake
Alien Isolation
Quantum Break
Ryse Son of Rome
Hellblade
Spiritfarer (I'm actually already playing this one, it's really good but I wouldn't mind having it as part of Game Club since it's a fairly long game)
ReCore

Sadly I've already played Deliver Us The Moon and New Super Lucky's Tale so I won't participate for those games, although I highly recommend you guys play them regardless. So to clarify, I don't mind if you do play these on Game Club.

This is my list of games that I want to play besides the ones already mentioned:

Resident Evil 7 (would love to play this during Halloween)
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Afterparty (made by the creators of Oxenfree)
Fable Anniversary (never played this series so I would love to check the first game out)
Guacamelee 2
Journey to the Savage Planet
Kona
Metro 2033
Ori and the Blind Forest
The Messenger
Man of Medan
Yooka-Laylee

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge No worries, it’s been a bit silly over there anyway. I’ve been called an Xbot twice in as many days despite literally never owning an Xbox console, I just like Game Pass on my laptop!

ralphdibny

I should've done this better with votes for choices and half votes for willing to plays. I'll organise it better next time but I'll count both choices and willing to plays as a whole vote this go round and tally up and we can vote on the finalists.

I will say that there's probably no point even considering games that any of us has played before seeing as @LtSarge and @Justifier have kept up with most or all of these games, this thread will get a lot lighter if you drop out for a game. Not that your obliged to play any games we do pick (because y'know, life) but just probably no point considering games you've already played, unless of course you actually want to play it again.

I'll see if we get any more replies before dropping my hat in the ring for previously mentioned games. I'm going to look up the other games you've both mentioned because they didn't stick out to me when I glanced through GP earlier but naturally that's just me judging a book by it's cover so I'll wiki/hltb them and see what I think

@nessisonett is Alan wake on the pc game pass? (You xbot!) Also is there anything else on pc game pass that takes your fancy? I'll check to see if it's on Xbox too

See ya!

ralphdibny

@LtSarge also I finished tell me why ep 2! I'm guessing you think the mad hunter is the erm, mad hunter guy that was on the boat and in the shop. I'm torn between him and the unassuming Tom Vecchi as the potential father. it was just the voice that threw me. He sounded so much like the latter but it could be the former. I guess their accents would be similar being where they're from.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yep, Alan Wake’s on there. Unfortunately the price doubles next week 😅 Other ones I’d be interested on there:

Minit
Prey
The Surge 2
Wargroove
Any of the Wasteland games
West of Loathing

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.