Forums

Topic: Game Pass Club

Posts 121 to 140 of 236

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I've watched a few people play through the second episode and it seems like most of them are believing that Tom would be the culprit, but he feels like a red herring in my opinion. You know, the person that the story writers try to make out to be the culprit but isn't in actuality. I feel like the guy who was on the boat and in the shop would be the perfect choice since most people wouldn't pay attention to a person who's barely shown up in the story, but who's shown up enough times for the player to eventually recognise him if pointed out. And you know, he also likes to hunt animals so he fits in as the role of The Mad Hunter

@nessisonett I don't know if the Wasteland series would be a good fit for Game Club since these games are really long, supposedly 30-50 hours each depending on how you play. I've also read that Wasteland 2 can even be as long as 100 hours.

Not that I would be opposed since I was playing Wasteland 3 for a couple of hours and it's really good.

LtSarge

Justifier

@LtSarge
I agree that we should avoid long games. It would be nice to be able complete the games we play, and if we choose 30-60 hours games some needs months to finish them.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

ralphdibny

@LtSarge oh really, I thought I was being out of left field when I chose Tom, had no idea other people were thinking it too! Either could be a red herring to be honest. Just waiting for ep 3 to drop!

I think we should start the next game next week maybe, see if anyone else replies and give us all time to polish off what we are working on already

See ya!

Justifier

ralphdibny wrote:

I think we should start the next game next week maybe, see if anyone else replies and give us all time to polish off what we are working on already

Then it is possible for me to try Battletoads after all.

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Sounds good to me!

I'm actually really excited for the future of Game Pass Club now with the announcement of EA Play being added to Ultimate. That means we can play games like Unravel, Sea of Solitude, Mirror's Edge, Titanfall 2, Dead Space and many more! I've already played through the Dead Space games but I would love to play through them again on a higher difficulty since they are just so freaking good.

LtSarge

Justifier

LtSarge wrote:

I'm actually really excited for the future of Game Pass Club now with the announcement of EA Play being added to Ultimate. That means we can play games like Unravel, Sea of Solitude, Mirror's Edge, Titanfall 2, Dead Space and many more! I've already played through the Dead Space games but I would love to play through them again on a higher difficulty since they are just so freaking good.

Yes there are many good games coming with EA Play.

MAC26

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've been on. Work and school have me super busy. I never got on to battletoads. I skimmed through the comments as I am really behind, but some of the games that have been mentioned sound good.
My choices:
Resident evil 7
Shadow warrior 2
West of dead
Willing to play:
Ryse son of Rome
Hellblade
Outer wilds
Deliver us the moon

MAC26

Xbox Gamertag: YungLaFlame

ralphdibny

@Justifier it took me a few sittings to play it so hopefully it's doable for you! (Battletoads that is). Don't be put off by the different acts, they are kind of top heavy and get shorter toward the end.

@LtSarge my immediate thought when I read the first line was "you wanna play FIFA for game club?!" 😂. I'd basically forgotten that ea make single player games (except Jedi fallen order) but you've just listed a few I'd definitely be interested to try! Not sure how much more there is though in terms of single player games. Is EA play only bundled with ultimate and not regular game pass?

Does everyone here have ultimate game pass or do some people have standard game pass?

Hopefully EA play gets integrated into the main game pass UI too so it's easier to see what's on there at a glance. This actually reminds me that Xbox had a weird semi-exclusivity deal with EA when they announced the Xbox one that went down like a ton of bricks when the One was revealed along side a bunch of generic sports games. Seems like they've played their hand a bit better for the new generation as reception has been mostly positive with this new EA deal!

@MAC26 welcome back! Hope you're all good! I'll get this all tallied up within the next week or so...

See ya!

LtSarge

So I just finished the final chapter of Tell Me Why and it was a great ending to a phenomenal game. I've previously mentioned that I enjoyed my time with the first Life is Strange, but I definitely liked Tell Me Why a lot more than LiS. I think it's mostly because the protagonists in TMW are closer to my age so they felt more relatable than those in LiS. The plot was also really interesting and the whole small town vibe in Alaska was a very refreshing setting for a video game. I can't help but feel though that the game needed at least one more episode or at least something more happening. Not to say that the game felt rushed, but I would've liked to have spent some more time in Delos Crossing and learned more about the characters. Here's hoping that Dontnod will make a sequel!

@ralphdibny That's actually a good point, EA Play is only included with Ultimate so some people may not get anything out of this. I'm subscribed to Ultimate myself so that won't be an issue for me personally. Speaking of which though, Gold is also included with Ultimate and there were some interesting games that were released earlier this year that we could play if people have them. I was thinking for example the Batman Telltale games since both season 1 and 2 were released on Gold. Another title I would be interested in checking out is Shantae Half-Genie Hero.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge that's a point but I think I've only booted up one (sub-based) GwG since I had it and it was Isle of Man bike racing. It was ok but I haven't been that inclined to try the others.

I have played one of the GwG keepers though which was star wars battlefront for original Xbox. Which again was just ok. Not sure why people thought it was so great at the time but I can see how it may have defined different game modes in first person shooters since then but I've never been hugely interested in playing modern FPS online anyway!

Digression aside, if everyone has gold too we can open up the votes to those games in future but I guess it would depend on when we joined gold and what games we have. On topic of batman, Ive played the first one but I'd be up for number 2, even if I took a break while people caught up on the first game.

Also I've finished Tell me Why, it's pretty good, not sure what else I have to say on it really! I ended the game with a close bond between the twins despite trying to sell the house in ep 2, hey, I though getting the ball rolling would be a good idea, it's not like house sales happen quickly but it annoyed Tyler anyway. seems like I made peace with everyone in the town with the obvious exception.

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Nice mate! And you were right, Tom was the masked man, which I felt was maybe a little bit too basic/uninteresting. That's why I wrote in my previous post that I wanted another episode since it wrapped up too quickly and the plot twist with Tom felt too basic. It wasn't as big of a twist as I had hoped, I guess maybe I'm too used to Japanese games that have overly complicated twists like in the Persona and Danganronpa series lol. Because what I got from the ending is that Tom was there that night and he could've potentially saved Mary-Ann from drowning (which was the cause of death, not the stab wound from Alyson) and the reason why Mary-Ann had a shotgun was to commit suicide. Like all of that just felt too plain for me when compared to how much the game was hyping up the endgame. For example, at the end of episode 2 we get a teaser for episode 3 where we see a treasure box in a loft, but what it ended up containing was only a story about her first child who passed away. That had no bearing to the overall plot at all and it could've been a much more interesting twist if the child was actually alive and we find out that person was someone they knew in Delos Crossing. Stuff like that is what I wanted to see basically.

LtSarge

MAC26

@ralphdibny thank you sir! Everything is good on my end. Excited with all this Xbox news that has came out recently and I've managed to play Project Xcloud on my phone with the Razer Kishi that I was gifted for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I've just been super busy but I'm trying to squeeze in some game time here and there. I look forward to seeing what game is chosen next for us to try.

MAC26

ralphdibny

@MAC26 good stuff! How is xcloud working out for you? I had a quick go on it but I think my internet is too slow as it was rubbish for me.
There will probably be a second voting round as I think a few games have similar amounts of votes

See ya!

Justifier

Have you guys played night in the woods? It comes to game pass 24th and I have been waiting to play it some time now.

MAC26

@ralphdibny it's been great for me! At least on wifi that is. Haven't made an attempt to play using my cell phone data. However, the kishi isn't great for all games. I've struggled with some games like shooters and fighting games.

MAC26

LtSarge

@Justifier I haven't played it but I've been wanting to play it for quite some time now. I'd definitely love to play it on Game Club!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@nessisonett are you keeping your game pass for pc? im just tallying up the games now....oh yeah and do post your thoughts on tell me why, i saw in a post elsewhere that you were playing it!

@Justifier looks good! ill count that as 4 votes for night in the woods. ill see how the tally works out and maybe we can fit in one of our shorter selections in the week before it comes out...

@MAC26 nice one! funnily enough it actually worked better for me on mobile data for some reason. no idea why. i had this old wraparound controller called the ipega something something. the controller is good enough but it doesnt have analog triggers

See ya!

ralphdibny

i know this will end up as 3 posts in a row but i would like to just add my games id be willing to play from other peoples lists in a separate post so you can see that the voting is fair:

oxenfree
outer wilds
resident evil 7
fable
metro 2033
plague tale
Afterparty
journey to the savage planet
kona
minit
war groove
west of dead
shadow warrior 2

See ya!

ralphdibny

OK, with that all in mind here are the games that have 4 votes and 3 votes....

4 votes:
ryse son of rome
hellblade
resident evil 7
night in the woods

3 votes:
alan wake
deliver us the moon
quantum break
outer wilds
metro 2033
fable

My suggestion is this, we play resident evil 7 for halloween - sometime in october, like 2 or 3 weeks in to the month

we play night in the woods starting 24th september when it gets added to game pass

and we choose between ryse son of rome and hellblade to play starting now/this weekend - this may overlap with night in the woods.

if that is agreeable with everyone then please just write the game you'd like to play next in a post.

Either

Ryse Son of Rome

or

Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice

both are around 7-8 hours long and whatever doesn't get chosen for now, will get played after resident evil 7 (unless there is a lull after night in the woods in which case we will slip it in there)

@LtSarge @Justifier @MAC26 @nessisonett (apologies if some of these arent on PC)

also going to retag others who haven't replied in a while to see if they are up for it

@Tjuz @Tothington91 @XBontendo

See ya!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.