Forums

Topic: Game Pass Club

Posts 221 to 236 of 236

Krzzystuff

@LtSarge it's a fine line either way. I've worked at a bank in a seniors area through highschool and college and saw a bunch of people waiting for retirement to travel and then a spouse passed away or a medical condition came up and prevented them from traveling. I also saw people just scraping by because they didn't save enough. Live your life to the fullest for yourself. I've been working from a young age because as immigrants we didn't have a lot so I got a job to buy my own things. I finished school debt free and then took out a massive student loan while i still could and went on a 3 month trip to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji with my now wife and mother of my two kids. So i finished school with the same debt as most but had a once in a lifetime trip out of it. Do it smart but live to be happy whatever your happy is. Big house and fancy car doesn't actually mean happy for everyone.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

@LtSarge it doesn't get any more palatable to submit to it when you're 30, trust me lol. I've done various stints as a contractor 9-5 hours for 6months or a year and as soon as it's over, I just wonder how I did it at all.

I really would just like a hundred million pounds or something out of the blue. I think that would sort me out for life, buy a house and then just do what I want. I could do jobs for the social aspect and not just the crushing need to have money in order to live.

Well that's the dream but I doubt I'll be getting a multimillion pound handout any time soon!

See ya!

sib

Is this Game Pass Club currently active?
Is anyone playing Resident Evil VII at the moment??

Got my Series S yesterday, and that was the first game I downloaded!

sib

MAC26

@sib I started it but have yet to finish. Did you get to start it?

MAC26

Xbox Gamertag: YungLaFlame

ralphdibny

@sib @MAC26 @LtSarge if people want to start it up again then please do! I'd rather just join in if it's a game that's within my scope (timewise) to play so I'd be really happy if the game club continued on without me or just if I joined in part time

Also I was wondering if people thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread for this that can be renamed each month with the game title like over on push square. I only say this because lots of general game pass stuff gets posted here so I believe people are getting it mixed up with the regular game pass thread. I haven't seen anything from @Tothington91 since they created the thread so we are kind of stuck with a thread title that gets confused with another thread. I know it's against the community rules to duplicate threads but I feel like it might be for the best so this thread becomes about gameclub games only. I'd be happy to create the thread and change the title at whatever frequency you change games even if I'm not necessarily joining in on each game.

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I was actually thinking about suggesting that we should make a new thread, maybe over at the Series X category since a lot of new people seem to be enjoying Game Pass on their Series X/S system and most games are older titles anyway so it feels appropriate even though some people like me are still playing on Xbox One (or maybe even PC).

If you want to, name it something like "Pure Xbox Game Club" since like you mentioned, having the words "Game Pass" will confuse people. And yeah, updating the title frequently is a good idea as well. For example: "Pure Xbox Game Club: Resident Evil 7" or something like that.

But yeah, I think I might participate part-time since I am interested in playing games with other people but I'm probably going to be busy for the foreseeable future so I can't promise anything.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge sounds good, if more people reply to these posts and think it's a good idea then I'll create a new thread for it, I'll check with @FraserG to see if it's OK to create a duplicate thread too (see above 3 posts) but basically we maybe want to create a new thread of the same ilk so we can have control of the title because this thread often gets confused with the regular game pass thread and the user who created it has gone silent on us!

See ya!

Justifier

I could also participate on some games, but I probably need more than two weeks per game. And winter is coming so I need to go to work each night when it's snowing.

Maybe one game per month?

Edited on by Justifier

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

LtSarge

@Justifier Yeah I do have to agree that we need more than two weeks for each game. Back in September when we played Tell Me Why, Battletoads, Night in the Woods, all back to back was rather stressful. So maybe 3-4 weeks for each game would work well.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

sib

@MAC26
Yes, I'm about 90mins in and loving it!
I've been playing at night with the lights off and the sound up high 😱

sib

sib

@MAC26 @ralphdibny @LtSarge @Justifier
Sounds good!
I'm primarily interested in shorter games, played at an easy pace.

For me, one game a month, with a howlongtobeat rating of ~10hours or less would be ideal. And voluntary participation, of course!

The "Game Nights / Twitch" forum is described as "Come and play with the community." Perhaps the forum name could be changed, and the "Pure Xbox Game Club" threads posted there?

sib

ralphdibny

@MAC26 @sib @LtSarge @Justifier shall I start a new appropriately titled thread then?

Resident Evil 7 until the end of December

Then maybe Ryse Son of Rome for January

I probably won't join in for resi 7 but deffo will for ryse

See ya!

sib

@ralphdibny
Yes, please!

It might help if we had a different thread for each game?
That way, if player X starts playing but can't finish "on time" for some reason, there is still a dedicated thread with the game title in that player X and others can continue posting in.

sib

ralphdibny

@sib might be alright but I think even duplicating this thread will be pushing the community rules a bit, I don't think other users would be happy with the forum getting clogged up with game club threads!

I guess it's more like a book club where you kind of agree on a game and then play it for a month and move on, there's no rules saying you can't discuss an old game club game on this thread, it's fairly casual so as long as it's game club relevant you can do what you want!

See ya!

Tasuki

@Antdickens Looks like a new thread got started since this one was a bit of a mess anyway we can get this one locked so people aren't confused as to which one to post in?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.