Forums

Topic: Transferring Avatars from one 360 to another

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

MysteryMilkMaster

I'm finally upgrading to a 360 arcade with hdmi and I would like to transfer all my saves over to the new unit on my hard drive.
I have everything on there, account included but when I install the hard drive on the new xbox, the avatar isn't transferred.
Any suggestions would be most welcome, thanks!
-Cam

MysteryMilkMaster

nomither6

Uh , is your calendar broken by any chance ? i’m just asking

but uh , just sign in to your Xbox live account and remake your avatar again. all of your avatars accessories are linked to your account.

nomither6

MysteryMilkMaster

I've not got live, I never had it. Does that mean I can just go right ahead and remake it?

And uhh, not sure what calendar you're referring to (or if that joke went over my head)

MysteryMilkMaster

nomither6

@MysteryMilkMaster if u never had live then yeah, you'd have to remake your avatar, theres no other choice. avatars dont transfer over but if you had an xbox live account i believe at least SOMETHING would have. i recommend making an xbox live account, its free; because if you just so happen to lose your xbox or harddrive , then all of your things cant be recovered, but with a live account your data would also be stored in the cloud.

edit: even though making an account is free, to actually use cloud saves and backup your data costs money (gold subscription) i think .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

MysteryMilkMaster

I see. I hear people can back up their gamertag and whatnot on usb external hard drives. Is that just as simple as plugging one in and copying data over?

MysteryMilkMaster

nomither6

@MysteryMilkMaster you can backup downloaded games and your saves to a usb external , im not sure about gamertags; i only know for sure that you can save your account & everything tied to it to the cloud.

i havent dabbled with xbox360 in years , so i cant give you an exact answer, but i think you can copy your accounts to a usb too, i dont see why not.

and yes it should be as simple as plugging it in and copying or moving.

nomither6

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic