Forums

Topic: Zero/Project Zero/Fatal Frame Official Thread

Posts 161 to 177 of 177

Banjo-

@belmont It's fine, everyone likes different things and different games. The leap in the timeline of 7 is huge but, actually, it was the first-view, gory scenes and the focus on a new character and his family what didn't satisfy my RE appetite. Of course, it's not a bad game and I played the game and all the DLC several times as always but it's not really RE.

Banjo-

EvilSilentFrame

@Banjo- I feel the same about the RE remake being the best one. I felt like it was the perfect balance. I feel like CV was a lot like that one as well. Not sure if it really was that good, or if I’m so nostalgic for it as it was the first RE I played.

I would want continuations for Chris and Jill as well. It’s been awhile since we had a game with them featured as main characters. However, I don’t like what they did with Chris in the newest ones. His gameplay is more like CoD to me. I think they are doing it to appeal to the fans who loved the more action RE games, but it’s not RE to me.

EvilSilentFrame

Xbox Gamertag: EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

Koei Tecmo has a survey for Project Zero/Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. If you’re a fan of the game, the series, or the company I recommend taking the survey. It’s not long. Took me about 7/8 minutes. It can be done even faster depending on your answers. I did it and recommended remasters of 1-3 along with a completely new game. Let’s keep the series going!

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/ffpzmole_eu

EvilSilentFrame

Banjo-

EvilSilentFrame wrote:

Koei Tecmo has a survey for Project Zero/Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. If you’re a fan of the game, the series, or the company I recommend taking the survey. It’s not long. Took me about 7/8 minutes. It can be done even faster depending on your answers. I did it and recommended remasters of 1-3 along with a completely new game. Let’s keep the series going!
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/ffpzmole_eu

Thank you very much for this link, absolutely a must-do survey to support the series and see more entries on modern consoles! 🙌

Banjo-

Banjo-

@EvilSilentFrame Those are really good numbers considering that the game was released over four months later in the fiscal year than Maiden of Black Water, that was a resounding success.

https://www.purexbox.com/forums/xbox-series-x/zeroproject_zer...

Mask of the Lunar Eclipse has sold 120,000 copies in 22 days (9-31 March 2023). I hope that this encourages Koei Tecmo to remaster the first three games and, hopefully, create a new entry.

Banjo-

RR529

Not a game, but the 2014 film adaptation is getting a Blu-Ray release in the west.

https://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Frame-action-movie-Blu-ray/dp/B0...

Just going to link the trailer because it won't imbed no matter how correctly I follow the site's instructions on how to imbed a YouTube video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28x_kQHt7wA&pp=ygUZZmF0YWwg...

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

EvilSilentFrame

@RR529 very nice find! I never saw this. I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for it. I read some of the reviews, they seemed mixed. So I’ll see if I can get it on sale at some point. Thank you for sharing!

EvilSilentFrame

Banjo-

Koei Tecmo could be remastering the first three games already. In the remaster of Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, in Snap Mode, you can select something called Psychic Lens that makes ghosts from the previous games appear. The ghosts shown from 1 and 3 have revamped models.

Banjo-

EvilSilentFrame

@Banjo- I’m going to have to try that out this weekend. I replayed the first game so many times to get that 100 percent ghost list. Would be nice to see the ghosts from the first one revamped. They didn’t include the second game in that? Maybe still working on those models.

EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

@Banjo- if they remaster all three, I bet they will remaster the characters from Crimson Butterly. It’s possible to use the Wii characters but I doubt it. They updated IV’s character models from the Wii version. Unless they aren’t going as detailed in 1-3 as those games were fixed camera angles. Might not feel like people will see as much detail, but then you bring up the camera and it’s in first person… so who knows what they are up to. I sure would like to know though!

EvilSilentFrame

AnVold

@Banjo- I would love if they remastiring 3 or all first 3 games.

@EvilSilentFrame I think, that they gonna fully remaster 1 and 3. And I almost shure, that they gonna take Wii version of second game and just improve it a little.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

EvilSilentFrame

@AnVold fingers crossed they are remastering them. I was hoping to hear something with the Nintendo Partner Showcase today. The last two were announced at one of Nintendo’s shows. I have a feeling the others will be as well. Maybe around June or July we will hear something then. The first two games are some of my favorite games of all time, and I want to replay the third. It’s been so long, I don’t remember much from it.

EvilSilentFrame

AnVold

@EvilSilentFrame yeah. I was dissapointed a little because there was no news about my favourite horror series on Partner's Direct. I still not finished 2 and 3, so I'm curious if I finish original 2 on my Xbox 360 at first or I'll get remaster version sooner.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

EvilSilentFrame

@AnVold I played 2 on the OG Xbox. It was a brilliant game. I think it’s possibly the best in the series. It’s a close tie for 1 & 2 for me, but 2 might have a slight edge. If they don’t announce it this year, I’d play it on your 360, but that’s just me. Yes there are the classic tank controls but you get used to them quick again.

I played 3 on the PS2. I liked that it called back to the first game a bit, but I wasn’t as crazy about it as much as I was with 1 & 2. Crimson Butterfly had such a deep story and there is a slight tie in with the first game. The connection is a minor character but it was just carefully crafted and intertwined. I might pull out the old Xbox and replay them lol.

EvilSilentFrame

EvilSilentFrame

Final Fantasy Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi recommends players try out the Zero/Project Zero/Fatal Frame games.

https://noisypixel.net/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-director-thi...

The series doesn’t get much love but it’s nice to see a director on a huge franchise encouraging others to play this series. I doubt it’ll do much for the series but maybe it’ll get a few more people into it or at least make them more aware of it.

EvilSilentFrame

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic