Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 3,355

ralphdibny

I played a bit of Quantum Break over the weekend. Currently on Act 2 Part 1. I do like it. I think the pacing of the gameplay is quite nippy but slows down a bit too much when you follow another character around.

I have got no idea how to do the combat scenarios though and end up just cover shooting otherwise I die quickly. It seems like there is supposed to be a slick way to do it using the powers but I'm just not getting it yet.

I like the video at the end of the act. It's well done with high production values but it can be a bit long at times. I found my self pausing so I could scroll the internet for a while or go get a drink or something.

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny You'll get it eventually, it also happened to me. You might want to replay the game because it takes time to understand, upgrade and have fun with the controls. I love the cinematic episodes so I like that they're long. It's annoying investigating the environments, something that the game encourages you to do while having NPCs rushing and bothering you but this happens in many games, unfortunately.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@BlueOcean ahh cool that's good to know!

I'm sort of investigating environments but I'm not going too far off the beaten track. Just because the exploration really dragged down my playthrough of Alan Wake but I skipped a lot of it in American Nightmare which made it much more enjoyable. I'll probably continue in a similar vein for this, Control and perhaps even the recently made backwards compatible Max Payne games if I ever get around to them.

Do you Wana be added to the tag list for this thread by the way? Or are you just dropping by for a chat?

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny The amount of optional text documents that you can read in Quantum Break is just insane, it's basically on the same level as Dishonored and just like with that game I just skipped every single one of them, lol. It's definitely nice for those who play these games slowly, but I would just be bored out of my mind if I kept stopping and reading stuff all the time.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge yeah I've not been reading the ones you collect and I've seen the ones in the menu too, I don't know if they are one and the same. It's a bit antithetical to how I normally play games but whatevs. I'd rather just enjoy it and read them later if I really get into it

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny I don't mind being tagged but I don't know if I'll join the Game Pass Club every time. I played Quantum Break years ago!

Quantum Break's documents are overwhelming @ralphdibny @LtSarge, I read (past tense) them but I admit that they stop the flow. The thing that annoyed me the most were the NPCs rushing me. Once gameplay started flowing I had the most fun but the story is really interesting and the cinematic episodes are excellent. I'd enjoy a second playthrough because I wouldn't read the documents again (I remember those computers and signs.. too much) but I'm busy with other games. Does it have a new game mode? I don't remember but it would be great because of the gameplay upgrades you get.

Quantum Break has a few rough edges in regard to early gameplay but I'd say it's one of the best games of the last generation. I don't know what they made a new IP (Control). I got Control on a sale (the Series X version) but I haven't played it yet. I also have Alan Wake and American Nightmare (360 versions) but I haven't played them either.

"The production value for these episodes are just insane considering they were only made for the game. I would love to watch an actual TV show based on this franchise". I agree, I wrote back in the day that this is better than much of the stuff you can watch on TV/Netflix/Prime. I really enjoyed them.

Banjo-

antifyre

Right - I so thought Quantum Break was going to get got (never got into The Evil Within enough to finish it before the end of Oct).... and now the Halo MP is here to get me fired. Ahh well. At least none of us can be accused of being bored!

antifyre

ralphdibny

@BlueOcean no worries! I'll add you to it but there's no obligation to play any of the games or anything. If you find the notifications getting annoying or anything, just let me know and I'll take you off.

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Cool, add me. I'll vote and I'll play if possible. Can I also suggest a game or just vote? How does it work? I can also check the thread and find out LOL.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

themightyant

@BlueOcean Welcome. We vote (EDIT) during the current month for next months game. Often the titles are on Game pass or on Sale.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

LtSarge

@BlueOcean It's worth mentioning that these are the current suggestions for next month:

Dead Space
Doom 3
Mirrors Edge
Perfect Dark
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Kameo: Elements of Power
Dante's Inferno
Crysis
Marvel Avengers

The first post in the thread also has a list of all the games we've played so far, so you can suggest any Game Pass games that aren't on that list. But obviously something doable, not a 50 hour long JPRG or something lol. We typically play games that are around 10 hours long.

LtSarge

Banjo-

@LtSarge Then I suggest Doom Eternal for next month to @ralphdibny. I haven't played it yet and it takes a huge amount of space on the Series X internal storage.

@themightyant Thank you.

Banjo-

themightyant

@BlueOcean A strong choice! Weird platforming bits aside a brilliant game with a compelling and frantic gameplay loop. Would be happy to dip back in... not on Nightmare though

themightyant

ralphdibny

@BlueOcean I see others have already responded to you which is good!

Doom Eternal is awesome by the way so it's a great choice! I played through it for the Push Square game club a couple months ago and loved every minute of it including the oft criticised platforming!

Now's probably a good time to summarise the votes. Not a lot of people have voted this month unless I missed them (apologies if I did, I have a banging headache tonight)

Dead Space
Doom 3 - 2 (mtyant, sarge
Mirrors Edge - 2 (balta, sarge
Perfect Dark -1 (balta
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Kameo: Elements of Power - 1 (balta,
Dante's Inferno - 2 (balta, sarge
Crysis - 1 (sarge
Marvel Avengers -
Doom Eternal - 2 (blocean, klwtz,

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny You know, I would actually love to play DOOM 3 now that I've finished up DOOM 64 but didn't you mention a while ago that that game is around 20 hours long or something if you include all the DLCs as well?

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge @themightyant well I suppose people will get a different mileage out of it. I think I was collecting all the tapes and files and listening/reading them all.

I'm sure my playthrough was 26 hours all in.

16 for main game, 8 for main DLC and 2 for short DLC. I could be misremembering though.

I remember it being very long and also reading those numbers on HLTB but the current stats on there don't match my memory 😅

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny @LtSarge I think if you are trying to 100% it it's much longer, but same could be said of a lot of games. I seem to recall one of the criticisms when it came out, aside from it not being very doom at times, was it's brevity. My feeling was it was an excellent game, but not a great Doom game, if that makes sense. Interested to see if I still feel the same.

themightyant

Banjo-

@themightyant @ralphdibny I didn't like Doom 2016 demo on PS4 for some reason (controller?) but when it was enhanced for Xbox One X I played it and it was a lot of fun from start to end. That's why I'd like to play Eternal on Series X and then free 81GB up for more Series X games.

@ralphdibny I see people voting for several games in your list, is that correct?

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic