Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 3,356

KilloWertz

About an hour and a half in on Quantum Break. Enjoying it so far, although it was a bit weird that one of the powers (the dash one) didn't always want to work. I'd press the button and it wouldn't do anything, but then I'd hit it again and my character would finally go. Not sure if you'd just chalk it up to the game being 30 FPS or what, but that was the only early power so far I've had any issues with.

I'm also glad to be able to confirm that Quick Resume works with the game. Not that it's a huge deal since the game autosaves often, but it will come in handy if I end up not being able to finish the lengthy movies before I have to quit.

As for voting for next month, my vote would go for Doom Eternal. Same reason as last month with Quantum Break as that's the only one I would go out of my way to play, as participating in this requires me to push other games I'd be playing instead aside for a bit (that isn't meant to come off as bad as it sounds).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Interesting, I thought my controller was broken or something because the dash wouldn't always work for me either. The thing is that my LB button is a bit weird since before, so I naturally thought it was my controller. But maybe it's the game itself. I wonder if others here have experienced the same issue.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I haven't bothered to look it up, but I'd imagine it's the game since it happened to the both of us. As far as I know, my LB button is fine. Granted I play more on my PS5 than my Series X, but still, you think I would have noticed if it was off in any other games.

It's not the end of the world or anything. Just a bit annoying when you are trying to use the power and it won't work. In one of the bigger early shootouts, I ended up giving up on it for the most part and used the other powers. I'll naturally still use it though since there's achievements for all of the powers.

What was annoying is that the game crashed on me about an hour ago. It autosaves enough that I only lost a few minutes in the first Junction, but still annoying that games seem to crash more often on the Series X as I think I've had a crash once on my PS5 in a year (even though this is technically my 2nd PS5 after selling my first). Nothing drastic, but still more often by default.

ralphdibny

@BlueOcean yeah that's right, then I count up all the votes and we choose the game that most people want to play. Feel free to sling on a few extra votes for different games. It's quite chill, I don't think anyone is gagging to play any particular game from the list so it's not necessarily a big deal if it gets pushed to a later month. I think there was a time where I was delaying playing a game until it popped up here but it never got chosen so it's best to just play what you want to play anyway and if you fancy the GC game then play that too!

I actually ended up reading all the lore text collectibles in Doom Eternal, I really dragged it out because I loved it so much. It was definitely the best FPS I've played in at least a decade or two. Closely followed by Doom '16

@KilloWertz @LtSarge I think the powers like the dodge have a cool down timer unless you are experiencing issues outside of that. The timers are at the bottom right of the screen

See ya!

Banjo-

I also remember the cool down timer but I don't know if they know that and it's another issue.

@ralphdibny Yep I know but Doom Eternal has two votes now so let's see.

Banjo-

KilloWertz

I know about the cooldown timers, but it still hesitated for me several times trying to use the dash power. They really don't take that long to refill, so they shouldn't have been the issue. Oh well. It's not gamebreaking or anything. Just annoying.

dmcc0

@ralphdibny looking at the list there's nothing that stands out as something I really want to play, or rather nothing I really don't want to play, so I wont vote this time and just go with whatever everyone else decides.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

Heya @R1Spam , a tag for you! Do you Wana be added to the tag list for this thread??

We have almost 2 weeks left for QB and I've still only done Act 1. I think Balta666 basically finished the whole game over a weekend though so it could still be doable!

See ya!

R1spam

@ralphdibny thanks for the tag!! Will try for qb but it would be great if you could add me to the tag for the game club going forward! I'm keen to play quantum break but I'm getting so sucked into halo multiplayer and other games I'm playing I'm not sure I could commit to finishing within 2 weeks.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

ralphdibny

@R1spam nice one! I'll add you now!

No worries either way, there is no obligation to play the game really. And you can still talk about it in this thread at a later month when you eventually get around to it!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Just watching the credits on Quantum Break now. Good game! Though I didn't know what was going on half the time 😅

Had an unfortunate bug in Act 4 where the textures refused to load so everything looked like an upscaled PS2 game with kind of plasticine Morph style character models and blurry walls. Bit annoying really but it fixed itself eventually. The game was kind of buggy in general. Lots of stutters and weird glitches like that.

Great soundtrack as always.

My choices in this game were

1. Save the girl
2. Convince Jack
3. Trust Lance Reddick
4. Control

Not sure if I'll go back and play for the other choices really, I'm quite keen to get started on Control.

I did get used to the combat in the end and was using powers somewhat slickly.

I liked all the Alan Wake references too.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Congrats mate! I pretty much chose the same as you except for the third choice. I personally thought it was rather obvious that Hatch (Lance that is) was the traitor since there was one scene that suggested he wasn't happy with how Littlefinger was leading the company and I couldn't imagine that female scientist who was administering medicine to Littlefinger being a traitor. I mean, she even asked Hatch what he was planning, which I felt was a dead giveaway that something was up with Hatch. The thing is though that literally everyone on my friend list chose to trust Hatch, which I thought was a bit weird lol.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge haha yeah, it was mainly because I didn't know if he would die or something and I wanted him to stick around cos I love the actor. I wanted that girl to live at the beginning and I did wonder if future choices could mean that characters die so I mainly chose based on who I wanted to see more of!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Ah okay, that makes sense. I've actually yet to see anyone here choose to kill the girl in the beginning so I don't know if she will actually not be present for the rest of the game. I hope so because it would be kind of dumb to have these choices only to find out that she somehow survived lol. Because she does show up a lot throughout the game if you let her live.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

I'm in the middle of Act 3 now. As far as the Junction choices, I went with PR and Personal so far.

I got a chuckle out of the one Alan Wake easter egg when the subtitles listed the one woman in the office as (Woman Playing Alan Wake) or something like that.

As for stutters and bugs, I think it's clear that either last gen hardware wasn't powerful enough for their games or they just weren't quite proficient enough to get their games optimized well enough. Even Control didn't run that great on last gen hardware. Control plays wonderfully on the PS5, and would on the Series X as well if it wasn't for random stutters when text appears on screen for no reason.

dmcc0

@LtSarge She died in my playthrough - I figured they'd want to tie up all the loose ends so went with "kill 'em all" 😂

My choices:
1 - Kill
2 -Focus on the Company
3 - Trust the doc
4 - Control

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 haha nice, you did exactly the opposite of me except 4 which was the same.

It's funny the different reasons that people could choose different outcomes

I did mine based on characters I wanted to stick around.
You could do it based on how you think the story should go
You could do it if you thought guiding Paul in one direction might make it easier for Jack to beat him

It's certainly interesting and I wonder what reasons other people made their decision based on

@KilloWertz I see a large TV in act 1 part 1 in a tent as you approach the uni. Has a trailer for a horror film narrated by Alan wake. Can't remember if he was in it or if it was based on one of his books but I'm pretty sure it's his voice at least

Spoiler tagging this part because I believe it's after where you've played to, not sure I've seen a normal old small TV with a Night Springs reference and also I've seen an Alex Casey book on a counter somewhere

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny I figured Paul would have a single mindedness and focus on getting the job done which is why I went the way I did on the first 2 choices - nothing would get in his way. For the third, I thought it was pretty obvious that Hatch wasn't to be trusted given some of the things he said - especially in the TV show sections, so didn't feel right going against the doc on this one. I also felt that staying in control for the final choice suited Paul's character more than going full-on Hulk and going on a rampage

dmcc0

LtSarge

@dmcc0 Oh interesting, so she won't be present in the entire game at all? That's so weird, she's such a huge part of the story if you let her live so to not see her present at all from that point onward is very interesting.

@ralphdibny I made my choices based on what would be the most fitting or interesting for the story as if it were a TV show. For example, I let the girl live because she would contribute more to the story as a helpful side character instead of not being in it at all. I focused on Jack because I thought it'd be more interesting to see him and Littlefinger interact with each other instead of Jack and Hatch. Kinda like how the main villain and the hero typically have to interact with each other in stories. I trusted the scientist because it made sense but also because I think in an actual show that a guy like Hatch would typically be the traitor if it's implied that there is one. What I mean by that is when the main villain has one way of doing things and their right-hand person has another perspective of doing things and because their methods are not aligned, there will be a power struggle between them, if that makes sense. And I went with Control because it was the more interesting option. Giving up doesn't sound like something the main villain would do in an actual show.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic