Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,365

LtSarge

@Balta666 I was actually thinking about suggesting this to @ralphdibny yesterday. Perhaps you can post a reminder to people who haven't voted yet since we're roughly a week away from November and see if there are any additional votes? Posting a list of the current standings could also be a good way of encouraging others to vote.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@sirmrguitardude sorry I missed your post, do you Wana be added to the tag list for this thread so you get a notification when we change game each month??

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666

Alien Isolation -
Dead Space - 1 (crippyd,
Doom 3 - 1 (mightyant,
Mirrors Edge - 4 (sarge, balta, crippyd, dmc
Perfect Dark
Quantum Break - 5 (kwtz, balta, crippyd, dmc, fran
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Kameo: Elements of Power - 1 (balta
Dante's Inferno - 3 (sarge, balta, mightyant,
Crysis
Marvel Avengers - 1 (mightyant,

Looks like it's between mirror's edge, Dante's inferno and quantum break at the mo! See if we get any more votes in. I'm not sure if I'm going to vote as I don't know how much time I'll have coming up to play

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

Man my notifications look ghastly (or is that ghostly) because I decided to put an emoji in the damn thread title 😂

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I think it should be three votes for Dante's Inferno since you put three names on there.

LtSarge

dmcc0

Skipped the last couple of months, but Mirror's Edge or Quantum Break would get my vote for next month

dmcc0

KilloWertz

Noooo! That means I might actually have to participate!

Actually, that's the game I wanted to "win". It's going to take me a while to download it since it's a pretty large game, but I'll likely jump in eventually next month.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

ralphdibny

@KilloWertz haha I might actually partake myself. Should be an easy one to get in a couple of hours of each night. Need to play American Nightmare first tho!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

KilloWertz

If you download the Episode Pack with it, which are the cutscenes for in between levels, Quantum Break is a whopping 159 GB. Holy crap....

It's going to be about a week before I can participate. Between my mediocre internet and only being able to download overnight (it messes with streaming TV otherwise), this is going to take a while. I knew it was a large game, but I never expected that.

Going off topic for a second, jumping back to using my Series X regularly after using my PS5 for several months, these file sizes are ridiculous in comparison. 95 GB for Halo 5, 113 GB for the Master Chief Collection (getting ready for Infinite), and now 159 GB for Quantum Break...

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

dmcc0

@KilloWertz Quantum Break possibly installs differently depending on the console version - I'd heard about the massive file size and downloaded it remotely from the App to give it a bit of a head start. Reported 103GB file size on the app, but the console (Series S) itself is showing it as "only" 47GB. Maybe the 47GB size is without the Episode Pack, but I didn't actually see an option to download that via the app or via the game management on the console. I saw a thread on Reddit that said the episodes actually stream if you haven't got them downloaded - downloading is just an option for those that haven't got fast enough internet to stream them. No idea if this is true though; guess I'll find out when I start playing.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

I couldn't find any Guy Fawkes/fireworks emojis to put in the thread title for the 5th November.....but that's probably for the best after Halloween's ghostly abomination 😂

Anyway, welcome to November's game which is Quantum Break. Made by Remedy and starring a mocapped Shawn or Aaron Ashmore (not sure which one is which as they are twins. I know one is the Iceman in X-Men and the other one played Jimmy Olsen in Smallville).

Anyway, here are some HLTB stats:

Main Story - 10 Hours
Main + Extras -13 Hours
Completionist -18½ Hours

It doesn't look like there is any DLC for it, thankfully 🤞 so hopefully we can all have a good crack at it!

Obligatory tag list:

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @Beagle @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Fran27

As usual, please let me know if you want to be added or removed!

Votes for next month's game start from Zero as usual!

Dead Space
Doom 3
Mirrors Edge
Perfect Dark
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Kameo: Elements of Power
Dante's Inferno
Crysis
Marvel Avengers

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

Looks like we've lost @The_New_Butler too. Their tag just links to a 404 error. Not sure what happened to them and hopefully they are OK. I'm going to remove that tag from the list

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny Thanks as ever for the work, much appreciated.

Looking forward to a replay of Quantum Break. Thoroughly enjoyed it, with a few caveats, first time round and Remedy is always good games.

It is Shawn (Iceman/X-men) Ashmore not his twin bro btw. LOL they do look the same! Also features Aiden Gillian (Littlefinger/Game of Thrones) and the brilliant Lance Reddick (John Wick, Oz, Lost, The Wire, Destiny and Horizon:ZD/FW) among others.

Also hope all is OK with @The_New_Butler always enjoyed conversing.

Votes for Dec, while I remember: Marvel's Avengers and Doom 3.

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant no problemo! I sort of remember an interview with Shawn or Aaron Ashmore, I must have been on Push Square. They brought up the notion of one of them playing the game and playing as their twin brother or something. It's like twinception

I sort of "met" / stood near that Aiden Gillen fella when I was an extra on the movie King Arthur. Unfortunately I have no stories about him specifically as I don't think I had watched Game of Thrones and knew who he was at the time.

I love that Lance Reddick though, he's in Fringe which is probably my favourite TV show ever!

See ya!

themightyant

Spidermen-pointing-at-each-other.gif must have been weird. lol

Fringe was brilliant, can't quite remember why I stopped watching. Probably a video game!

Looking forward to Quantum Break.

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic