Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,406

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 exactly. I'd say it's the 2nd best game on N64 only behind Ocarina. Still holds up amazingly well.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

I am at the final boss of solar Ash and even though I felt the gameplay was getting quite repetitive in it's objectives I was going to praise it's narrative and traversal (after getting used to it), however the final area is broken and twice now I got stuck in a loop in midair with my only option to reset and loose 5/10 min of cutscenes and whatnot. This is it as I am not doing it again.

Edited on by Balta666

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 Oh no mate, that’s awful. Such a shame when a technical issue sours an experience. Would you say it is worth sticking with for the narrative? I’ve finished the first boss but It hasn’t hooked me yet.

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 yeah I felt that too, although it can’t hold a light to SotC haha I get the feeling I’ve played this game before, many times over. I’m apprehensive to continue following your issues with game too 🤔

NintendoByNature

I've completed clankers cavern as well. It's growing on me a little more. I do hate swimming though lol.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

I am doing a good job with 1 level a night. So I did freezeezy peaks last night. Flying sections, specifically for the snow men were atrocious, but I ultimately managed. It's been an ok ride halfway through. I'll continue on and finish this one up.

NintendoByNature

Bundersvessel

@NintendoByNature Haha yeah the swimming is appalling. Making slow progress myself, i'm struggling to hit the right gear with it and in danger of ruining my cherished memories of the n64 days. Should be finished before the end of the month though.

NintendoByNature

@Bundersvessel same. I just finished the gobi level last night which was the desert theme. Some elements of the game can be fun, no doubt. But, more than anything, most of the jiggies feel like a chore trying to get. I do hate saying that considering I love the N64 and platformers/collectathons from it. I'm thinking a handful of days and I'll put this game to rest. I'm not totally down on it to avoid Banjo Tooie though. I'd like to see where the series goes after this.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature @Bundersvessel I have not getting the mojo to continue it (but there is still plenty of time in the month so let's see if FF XIV grab softens a bit ).

I like banjo tooie as well although many felt it a bit too long and convoluted ( you have to go back at a later date, pretty much in every level, for completion)

Edited on by Balta666

Bundersvessel

@NintendoByNature @Balta666 I’m definitely coloured intrigued by Banjo Tooie as I’d fully moved on to PS and Dreamcast by the time it released. If I can put my nostalgic hang ups to bed I should be able to power through BK by months end

NintendoByNature

@Bundersvessel same. Since i didn't really jive with the game during the rental phase, I never felt the need to play tooie

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Oh boy. BK is starting to really grate on me lol. At this point, I'm just counting down the minutes until I roll the credits. Normally I'd just drop the game, but im at the cargo ship level and should be near the tail end, maybe a handful of hours? It just doesn't make sense to add puzzle pieces in one part, then go to a complete different section to get into said level. For a game that requires precise input at times, it's incredibly slippery and floaty. I've died so many times over silly things. Depth perception is really a problem as well. Sorry guys and gals, I know it's beloved by many, but man, I'm starting to wonder how. Or, maybe it's a me problem lol.

Edit: to make matters even worse, for some reason the game closed out and I just went to fire it back up. Went from 9 lives down to 3 and put me at the start of the game. Thankfully, no real progress was lost but still. That's frustrating.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Bundersvessel

@NintendoByNature I’m starting to realise some things should just be left as a happy memory since returning to these types of things often reveals it was actually a bit naff.

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 hmm I don't recall that in mario 64, but you're probably right. I just thought it was a bit silly I never closed the application and it restarted itself. Out of curiosity, how much progress do you lose when you run out of lives? Do you go back to square 1 with no levels unlocked and no jiggies, or do you just start at the beginning with all of your progress still in tact?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic