Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 3,399

ralphdibny

@Balta666 can I add you on Xbox? Ive searched and I think I've found you on there

I'll tie break any future months like this by flipping a coin (or throwing in an extra vote) just give me a tag and let me know

Also you got a space between your final URL tag and the closing ] in your sig

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 👍 cheers I've added someone who I think is you lol, let me know if you've just received an add and I'll know it's the right person!

See ya!

Balta666

I am not sure how much time I will manage to fit into the club's games as I have moved jobs and have more commute now (also because I am playing mostly FF XIV and bought dragon's dogma 2).

Because of that I decided to start the month strong by starting Solar Ash, as it is the shorter and also as I have played banjo quite a few times already (I believe I have finished it only once though).
First impression was a bit negative as I did not like the art style that much (however it has grown in me since) and the sliding is a bit strange to keep on a straight line. I have so far played about 2h and have beaten two bosses. It is fairly simple and relaxing.

Edited on by Balta666

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 that's good to hear. Simple and relaxing sometimes works. I'm excited to give it a shot soon.

NintendoByNature

Angelus74

Yeah I think with DD2 monopolising most of my limited free time Solar Ash is the one I'll be going for too. Plus also completed Banjo back in N64 days.

Angelus74

Balta666

One more boss of Solar Ash in the bag and the game is getting a bit harder (mostly in a good way but you really have to be quick on your feet in some sections). Said so it is getting a bit samey regarding objectives, on the other hand I am intrigued about where the story is going and although it can easily get to be really cliché I am crossing my fingers they get it right.

Edited on by Balta666

gingereno42

@Balta666 I love Solar Ash, what a treat from Heart Machine. Have you done hardcore mode at all?

A hair pulling challenge. But doable, even though it doesn't feel like it

gingereno42

NintendoByNature

I have to say, I played a good 20 minutes of solar ash and I did not like it at all. That's a shame too, because I loved HLD. Did not like the controls and gameplay unfortunately. Oh well, onto BK.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature that is a shame but I understand it quite well as the sliding takes some time to get used to and your never quite in control when in the "cloud sea" but it is better when fighting the bosses.
I will finish it but I am also not a fan as I am getting quite bored by its sameness (every area has the same objectives with just a few extra mechanics and harder sections)

Bundersvessel

I’ve installed both and hopefully make a start on at least one this week. Even though I’ve been itching to properly replay it, I’ve played Banjo so many times on the N64 so it might be wiser to start Solar Ash first.

Happy gaming everyone 👍

Bundersvessel

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 yea just didn't click with me unfortunately. From the sound of it, I'm not too bothered by it. More than enough stuff to play and I never played enough if banjo as a kid. I rented it a bunch of times, but never got far.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Re: BK. I've gotten 2 full stages under my belt now. It's definitely of its time. Which is odd for me to say since it came out during "my time" lol. I enjoy N64 games more than most as it's my 2nd favorite console ever. But now I remember why I wasn't as crazy about it as I was mario 64. It's definitely a decent time and has some cool mechanics to it. But it's clunky as hell. Anyone who has an issue with the controls in mario 64 and not this can go pound sand. Kidding, or maybe not 🫠. But yea.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic