@ralphdibny good choice for sure. Personally I am not voting for it as I actually finished the game this weekend but happy to share my thoughts regarding it!
@dmcc0 that is a very common comment to the way they decided to incorporate the classic tomb raider experience. It does not bother me as they are very easy to find with the audio clue and for sure are my favourite part of the game.
@Balta666 Yeah, I'd agree with it being my favourite part of the game. From what I've read Shadow seems to be more focused on tombs and a bit different from 2013 and Rise, so should be more up my street even though it didn't review quite as well as them. I've added 2013 to the wish list too as it's been years since I played it (on a Steam with an pretty ancient PC) and would prefer to have them all in one place.
BTW the Achievement for completing all the optional tombs still tracks even if you complete them after finishing the main story - I guess it still counts as a single playthrough.
The summer has arrived so what better than stay home and play videogames 😅! This month we have what I believe is a sort of Gears like (call me on board) in Evil West
Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /
Some HLTB Stats:
Main Story - 11 Hours
Main + Extras - 13 Hours
Completionist - 22.5 Hours
Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @Balta666 to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!
Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)
Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @Balta666)
Write your votes in bold (put the text in between asterisks) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @Balta666
Vote for as many games as you like!
The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!
American McGee's Alice -
Conker's Bad Fur Day -
Contrast -
Forza horizon 5 -
Gears of War 2 - 1 (Olp)
Genesis Noir -
Ghost wire: Tokyo -
Halo 2 -
Inkulinati -
Inside -
Jusant -
Lies of Pi -
Planet of Lana -
Remnant 2 -
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 -
Steamworld build -
The Evil Within 2 -
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition -
Unravel -
We Happy Few -
Wo Long: Fallen Destiny -
If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!
I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature down below to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!
Played for a good 45 min last night. I liked that you have melee attacks. Always welcomed in any games that have "horror-elements." It's not overly frightening but still. The gunplay feels nice, and it's great that you have unlimited ammo. The game looks and plays great, writing is "ok" thus far. But only gripe is when there's too many enemies at once, and some require you to do a parry like kick before they hit you, to stun them. Wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't 4 enemies coming at you at once and you need to dodge and parry multiple ones. I also don't know if you can actually lock on to an enemy? Has anyone figured this out?
@DoomGuy_117 which part do you dislike? I'm not crazy about the multiple enemies and having to parry a specific character while you're being attacked from different directions.
@NintendoByNature I don't mind that as I am a big fan of the combat in Mad Max and the Batman Arkham series.
It just moves a bit wonky. It kind of reminds me of Shadow Warrior 3 (played on Gamepass) being a "Doom Like" game. It moved way to fast and was just platformer and then place of multiple enemies to kill and the rince and repeat.
I am going to put a solid 90 mins in tonight as see if i can get into it. Happy it's on Gamepass and finally tried it. Been on my list to play a while.
Ok, Thousand year door is on the rear mirror and I can start Evil West.
First impression is that goddam the cinematics are cool as heck!!
Gameplay wise is a bit stiff though and I was not expecting it to be melee focused.
Forums
Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - On Indefinite Hiatus
Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 3,651
Please login or sign up to reply to this topic