Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 3,409

NintendoByNature

@R1Spam @LtSarge the remakes are definitely tense because it's so realistic. But yeah, the mechanic of getting ammo you're carrying is a huge W. Regarding the saves, I'd say it's equally annoying as it is tense. I definitely rush through the next section if I've failed and died. Then I get frustrated that I forgot where certain items are. And I love the melee and ability to stasis enemies is huge. I still need to go and play RE4R. Only played the original.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@balta666 I'll toss a vote towards Like a Dragon: Man who erased his name and Rise of the Tomb Raider thus far.

NintendoByNature

themightyant

@NintendoByNature @LtSarge Not sure what you chaps are talking about it not being scary… I’ve been bricking myself. When did I become such a coward? Lol. I used to run through this game for fun, did a plasma cutter only run in the original in the hardest difficulty, but damn this one is giving me the heebie-jeebies, I constantly think there’s one behind me. If it was in real life I’d have whiplash from all this turning.

Got to say the sound design is absolutely incredible, especially with headphones, and playing with those and the lights dimmed is an experience!

I’m pretty early on, just hit chapter 3, as I was playing Chained Echoes first before it left gamepass. If any of you like old school 2D JRPGs I cannot recommend it highly enough. It’s both nostalgic but also adds a modern twist in some mechanics to bring it up to date. Brilliant, brilliant game.

themightyant

NintendoByNature

@themightyant lol, it's definitely creepy. It would make for great horror movie in all honesty.

Chained Echoes is such a gem. Played through begginning of the year on switch.

NintendoByNature

ralphdibny

@Balta666 we've played Titanfall 2 mate. It was quite early on so I'm not sure if long enough has passed for a repeat. Mind you, it's probably mostly new faces since back then. The games only 6 or so hours long IIRC correctly and it's quite decent and you can knock it out in an afternoon or over a couple of days

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 I think I'm out for January, got a lot on my plate right now so I'm struggling to find time to play games 😭, it's ok though! Cheers anyway

See ya!

NintendoByNature

Stopped at the start of chapter 10 last night. Hoping I can finish this by Thursday or so and start a new game for Xmas break. I'm thinking of playing psychonauts 2. Never played it.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 sweet deal! Looking forward to something more light (tone wise). I can only play so many horror games in a row lol

NintendoByNature

themightyant

Got up to Chapter 6 last night. It’s been a lot less scary now I’ve got used to it again. I also noticed a massive difference between wearing headphones and not wearing them. The sound design is incredible, but adds so much to the atmosphere. Without headphones you don’t get the same effect of every vent and creak of the Ishimura keeping you on edge. Even just walking down a straight corridor becomes more intense with all the ambient sounds. Only played for a bit without and it was akin to going from an 18+ to a PG-13.

Having a great time but in a race against the clock now. Off for Christmas (without my Xbox. Eek!) on Friday and still have some Christmas shopping to do, not sure I’m going to make it! I suppose I could play via xcloud, it might actually be interesting to try, but typically I prefer AAA games, and games like this, on the big screen. If I can get all the other IRL tasks done I might be able to have one large push to get it over the line.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

NintendoByNature

Well I finished it last night. Loved my experience with the game. There were some frustrating sections, typically when there was toxins in the air, and you literally couldn't see enemies. It didn't strike fear In me, it was mostly just annoying because of the wall necromorphs that were insta-kills. I can't say I enjoyed it as much as alan wake 2, but its definitely up there.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

Happy holidays everyone!

I am going to be away from the 27 with limited access, reason why I am posting this a bit sooner than usual (but I should be able to get votes in and January's post).
So far we have a few single voters so please let me know what's your preferences for next month. Full list below (as always you can add anything available on Gamepass that is not currently on the list).

Cheers.

American McGee's Alice -
As Dusks Falls - 1 (Tma)
Cassete Beasts -
Chicory: A Colourful Tale
Contrast -
Doom 3 -
Dordogne -
Genesis Noir -
Ghostwire: Tokyo -
Gotham Knights -1 (Nbn)
Inside -
Jusant -
Like a Dragon Garden: the Man who Erased his Name - 4 (Nbn, Lvl Zed, FrG)
Maquette -
McPixel 3 -
Planet of Lana -
Quake 2 - 1 (Oml)
Remnant 2 - 1 (Lvl)
Rise of Tomb Raider -1 (Nbn)
Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath -
Solar Ash -
Sunset Overdrive - 3 (Blt, Tma, G4L)
The Evil Within 2 -
Unravel - 1 (Blt)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @vidjagames @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @R1spam @lookupmore @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @Captain_Chozo @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @kyleforrester87 @RDDMarston @Utena-mobile @oliverp @OldManLopan

Edited on by Balta666

NintendoByNature

Have a good break! Merry Christmas everyone. Look forward to seeing what we have for January.

NintendoByNature

Lavalera

Merry Christmas everyone. I will vote for Remnant 2 and Like a Dragon Gaiden. Already played Lad gaiden, but im curious to see your guys opinions on it. Its a shorter Lad game and a really good one. It can be played without the previous entries, but it has a lot of familiar faces for the people who played the older Yakuza/ Like a Dragon games.

PSNid: Lavalera

themightyant

Merry Christmas one and all. I’ve just finished delivering stockings to all the children in the house, so feeling festive!

@Balta666 id like to vote for AsDusk Falls and although I’ve played it Sunset Overdrive in solidarity with Insomniac after the big leak.

I did just manage to finish Dead Space before I went away for Christmas and thought it was a brilliant remake, but didn’t have time to write a full review. Perhaps in the new year.

In the end I decided to save a Plasma Cutter only run for NG+ and experimented with other weapons. What was everyone’s favourite?. I found the ripper to be very useful, it both pushed enemies back to was useful for crowd control but also saved a lot of ammo, and the secondary fire was useful for longer range.

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic