Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 3,403

NintendoByNature

@themightyant honestly, if I had enough ammo, I would've stuck with the plasma cutter. Flame thrower didn't have a purpose for me. The rifle was nice as my 2nd choice. I never had enough ammo and I looked everywhere lol.

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@themightyant I used Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, Force Gun and Contact Beam throughout the second half of my playthrough. Force Gun was really useful whenever there were multiple enemies (especially those small things that come out of the bloated enemy). Line Gun was more useful than Plasma Cutter against enemies with a thicker skin since it's basically the Plasma Cutter but with a wider range and more power. And Contact Beam was just really powerful and useful against enemies that you couldn't easily cut off limbs of.

So I think overall, even though I used the Plasma Cutter the most, my favourite was the Line Gun just because I could always rely on it to easily take out all enemies no matter how powerful they were.

LtSarge

R1spam

Merry Christmas everyone!! @themightyant, stasis plus ripper for the win.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themightyant

@NintendoByNature @LtSarge good choices. I don’t know if they changed the way the weapons handled to make them more balanced but I found myself using a wider range in the remake.

The wall mounted enemies with the instant one hit kill were a bit of a pain but I found a couple of blasts of the alt fire of the force gun was useful, as it was for the little buggers that burst out, as you suggested. Only problem is i never got much ammo, even if it was in my inventory.

@R1spam completely agree, that combo seemed OP for 90% of encounters

themightyant

LtSarge

@themightyant I pretty much only used the Plasma Cutter in the original Dead Space because, like I mentioned in an earlier post, you actually had to buy weapons in the original game. Giving all of them to you for free in the remake was such an awesome change as it encouraged you to try them out without potentially wasting credits on a weapon you might not like.

LtSarge

ZeD

I would like to put a vote in for Like a Dragon the Man who Erased his Name.
I have found myself dropping votes in this year but never playing the Game Club game 😂. Hoping to change this in 2024!

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

DoomGuy_117

@ZeD I am playing this right now. On Chapter 4. It is Excellent.

GT - JohnnyUtah54

GamingFan4Lyf

@Balta666 I choose you, Sunset Overdrive!

[Throws Xbox-themed Pokeball]

Edited on by GamingFan4Lyf

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

Balta666

Happy New Year everyone! My wishes that the hangover is not too bad today. To start the year we have a mouthful of a game in Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name.
It is a spin off of the main series Yakuza/Like a Dragon and I believe it can be played by both veteran and newcomers (I, myself have only fully played Yakuza 0)

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:
Main Story - 12 Hours
Main + Extras - 21 Hours
Completionist - 31.5 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @Balta666 to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!
Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @vidjagames @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @R1spam @lookupmore @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @Captain_Chozo @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @kyleforrester87 @RDDMarston @Utena-mobile @oliverp @OldManLopan @jedinite @Bnasty0303

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @Balta666)
  • Write your votes in bold (put the text in between asterisks) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @Balta666
  • Vote for as many games as you like!
    The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

American McGee's Alice -
As Dusks Falls -
Chicory: A Colourful Tale
Contrast -
Dordogne -
Gears of War 2 - 1 (Nbn)
Genesis Noir -
Ghostwire: Tokyo - 1 (Zed)
Gotham Knights -
Inside -
Jusant - 1 (Nbn)
Lies of P - 1 (Jdn)
Maquette -
Planet of Lana -
Quake 2 -
Remnant 2 -
Rise of Tomb Raider -
Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath -
Solar Ash - 3 (Blt, Nbn, R1s)
Steamworld build -
Sunset Overdrive - 4 (Bnt, Blt, Nbn, R1s)
The Evil Within 2 -
Unravel -
We happy few - 1 (Bnt)
Wo Long: Fallen Destiny - 1 (Olp)

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

For other tips on formatting texts in the forum's see the link below:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/help/tips_for_formatting_...

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature down below to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by Balta666

R1spam

@Balta666 happy new year bud!! I'm playing like a dragon 7 at the minute, I'm wary that gaiden has spoilers for 7 in it so if I finish 7 by the end of the month, I'll give it a try but given I'm only on Chapter 5, it's pretty doubtful.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Lavalera

Happy new year everyone. As someone who played all the games including gaiden I can confirm you can play it without having played the older ones. Important parts of the older games for this one are being shown so you will never be lost.
There are a lot of returning characters from the older games even some very small side characters. The people who played the older ones will recognize them haha.

I will not go into to much details and will provide a detailed review later on when more people played it. But i can say it was my personal nr2 game of the year. The emotional story especially was great and the last hour can be pretty emotional.
I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I have and maybe we will see some more Like a Dragon fans after this one

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

@R1spam it does have spoilers for 7, it's basically a story that happens off screen in 7 but late game events in 7 also occur in this game

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

themightyant

Happy New year one and all.

In a bit of a funny place with LaD / Yakuza. I played the first 2 or 3 on PS3 years ago and absolutely loved them, but haven’t been back since. I’m a bit of a stickler for doing everything in order and wanted to go back to Yakuza Zero and maybe just recap 1-3 before jumping to 4-7 and LaD. I own them all. But time is always against me. There are just so many games to play and I keep putting it off.

Chances are I will sit this one out, Jan was always going to be a struggle, but maybe I will decide “screw it” if I don’t jump in now, I’ll never jump in and this might actually be the catalyst for getting back into yakuza. Flip-flop

themightyant

NintendoByNature

Good stuff everyone. Happy new year. I'll be DL the game now.

NintendoByNature

DoomGuy_117

Nice! I’m on Chapter 4 of Like a Dragon Gaiden. It’s pretty dang good. Highly suggest going to Club Sega on the map. Old school Sega Games!!!

I suggest keeping it in Japanese and reading the subtitles. The Dub work does not hold a candle to original acting.

Also the map will grow on you. I promise.

Happy New Year everyone!

Ps. I’ll be playing Like a Dragon after and pre-ordered Infinite Wealth. This game hooked me.

Edited on by DoomGuy_117

GT - JohnnyUtah54

oliverp

Wow. Maybe I can play this by the end of the month or something becuse Iam currently quite Into anohter game atm. But yeah very cool to see this game elected for January. Also was very nice to see the newsstory about this just published on the main purexbox site (like it very much). Happy new year everyone.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic