Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🛢️Still Wakes the Deep🛢️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 (Jul)

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 3,538

RazputinAquato

Dead Space is one of my favorite games of all time. I don't know how many times I've beaten it. I have 1000G in both the Xbox 360 version and the remake. And I have played the original a lot on PC as well... I'm just obsessed with Dead Space and Dead Space 2 (we don't talk about Dead Space 3, though...)

RazputinAquato

Xbox Gamertag: Magabro5382

R1spam

@Balta666 great stuff, thanks again for organising!! Can't wait to explore more of the Ishimura with everyone. I'm gonna wait for my vote for January, you never know, we might get a crazy gamepass drop at the game awards!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

LtSarge

I literally finished the remake of Dead Space just a few weeks ago lol. Absolutely phenomenal game, it's my favourite horror game of all time. The remake improved upon the original in every way, it was simply pure bliss playing through this game. Hope everyone else will enjoy it as well!

LtSarge

NintendoByNature

Played about 45 min tonight. So far so good. The map is a little odd though. Can't seem to pull it up In a normal view unfortunately. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Other than that, atmosphere is great, enemies are pretty spooky. Full disclosure, I play horror games on easy/story when available. I'm too much a chicken to do otherwise. I like having more health and ample ammunition in horror games 😅

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@NintendoByNature I can recommend increasing the difficulty to Medium. The game gives you way too much ammo and health items on Easy. It still gives you plenty of ammo and health items on Medium but it's a much more enjoyable experience since it scales it down a notch.

I played the original on Easy and the remake on Medium and I had much more fun on Medium. It's just so satisfying whenever you find ammo/health items when you absolutely need them rather than constantly being stocked up. Even if you would run out of ammo/health items, you can always buy more at the store. Exploration is very important in this game as it's always worth going off the beaten path. Also, don't be afraid to use your stasis whenever you can. There are tons of places to recharge it and it's better to use it than risk taking damage.

Another tip is to not use your nodes every time you find a new weapon. It's better to focus on upgrading your Plasma Cutter and then test each weapon you come across to see which one you like. That's actually one of the major improvements of the remake, i.e. the game now gives you all the weapons for free rather than forcing you to buy them. At least this way you can test them first instead of risking buying something you might not like.

LtSarge

NintendoByNature

@LtSarge good stuff thank you. I may tune it up to easy, then normal. We'll see how it plays out 😉

NintendoByNature

HelloCraigo

@NintendoByNature thanks for watching! Love having the PX community come over to the YT. I like your suggestion a lot however I don't see it working too well in terms of numbers (I could be absolutely wrong) but I'd love to highlight the Pure Xbox Game Club over on YT in some way. I'll have to mull over how we can make it work but I'm interested in the idea for sure. Thanks dude

HelloCraigo

Xbox Gamertag: HelloCraigo | Twitter:

R1spam

@NintendoByNature I've been playing on medium and a good few chapters in but have never run out of things, though I've come close a couple of times! With regards to difficulty, I always find horror games hard to judge. You want things to be tough enough that you feel scared of certain sections and that sense of foreboding about venturing further from your save point but if you die at a section and have to repeat it too many times, all that suspense is lost and it becomes quite mechanical. The game definitely rewards you for exploring thoroughly and going off the beaten path and that can help you upgrade your suit for both health, armour and capacity (as well as your other weapons), which helps a good bit.

[Edited by R1spam]

NintendoByNature

@R1spam that's good to know. I'm always fearful of running out of health and ammo. Thankfully the game let's you melee which I've always wondered why RE doesn't include this mechanic.

For me, horror games are good enough based on the setting and enemies that even with a lowered difficulty, if the setting is there, I'm scared lol. So far, dead space provides the setting well and when it's dark and a necromorph starts running towards you, it's enough to make me panic haha.

Having said all that, I'll consider upping the difficulty.

@HelloCraig no problem! Just a suggestion I thought might be neat.

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@NintendoByNature It's funny you should mention that RE doesn't have a dedicated melee button. I played RE6 a couple of months ago and that's the first RE game I've played that has a melee button where you can kick enemies. That's probably the best improvement an RE entry has ever made to this series gameplay-wise lol. But yeah, I agree that it's so weird that the series never had that until RE6 that is.

[Edited by LtSarge]

LtSarge

DoomGuy_117

@NintendoByNature I just press the button (RS) that shows the path to go like every 20 seconds lol.

About 5ish hours in so far. Having quite the great time. Playing this and Alan Wake 2 at the same time. Might need to play Mario Wonder again after lol.

GT - JohnnyUtah61
Nintendo - DarkFalco - SW - 1852-3950-9117

NintendoByNature

@LtSarge I must've forgotten about RE6s melee. I haven't played it in a couple years and when I did, I only 2 did campaigns. It's a welcome addition for sure.
@OldManLopan haha me too! So much better knowing where I need to go. Is that in the original game?

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@OldManLopan how far are you along? I think I'm on chapter 3 or something like that. Its finally starting to click with me. Although, I'll never fully grasp the zero gravity sections lol

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Getting on very well. Love this game, and it's not as scary as I thought but still catches me off guard every so often. I think im.ay chapter 8 currently and hope to make a sizable dent this weekend.

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@NintendoByNature The thing is that games like this, Resident Evil and so on aren't actually that scary in general. They're more about setting an atmosphere, which this game does a fantastic job of doing!

But yeah, I can say that I've been more scared by DOOM 3 than I have by all RE games that I've played combined lol. RE1 had one or two jump-scares with the dogs, RE2 also had some with Mr. X and being chased by Nemesis in RE3 was absolutely terrifying. But that's about it.

LtSarge

NintendoByNature

@LtSarge it definitely the right notes in the setting dept. I guess what scares me most in these games, is lack of ammunition to take on enemies, lack of saving opportunities, and progess lost. This game thankfully, has none of that for me. The enemy designs themselves are stuff of nightmares, but with all the ammo, ability to melee, and save often, I'm golden.

However, RE2R and 3R did scare the daylights outta me. I felt so much more claustrophobic and scared to leave any save rooms, especially in 2. 2 is probably the most tense game I've ever played, and right up there with doom 3, which we've already spoken about.

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@NintendoByNature I honestly find it more annoying than scary when games offer you too little ammo or few save points. Because if you fail and have to start over, then all that tension you've built up has been ruined. You just want to rush to the next part and aren't as cautious as before. It's a very delicate balance, which is why I think developers don't want to limit the amount of saving opportunities because it could ruin one's horror experience. Same with ammo, you don't want to have too much or too little.

Speaking of ammo, I actually like that Dead Space gives you ammo based on whatever weapons you're carrying. Such a brilliant mechanic.

I have only played the original RE2 and RE3 and those weren't that scary. But I'm looking forward to giving the remakes a go and see if they're scarier.

LtSarge

R1spam

I'm guessing I must be close to the end of chapter 7 (I've done 6 or 7 wheezers) but I've not played much last week having been super busy combined with now being laid up with cold/flu. @LtSarge @NintendoByNature I think the fact that dead space gives you some more tools than resident evil 2 with its powers and melee, makes It feels like its pulling more from RE4, which gives you way more options than RE2 to deal with enemies. RE2 remake is pretty good but for me, I've felt tenser about approaching situations and bosses in dead space remake. The choice to have everything be in the world with no cut scenes and all of your ui being in the world is so immersive. I'm surprised more games haven't followed this design choice (or maybe some have and I've missed them and should check them out)!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic