Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 3,342

TuckNorris85

I actually quite enjoyed Hi Fi Rush. It was a neat little game that was perfect for a service like Game Pass. I only played it on easy though, I had trouble landing the attacks on the beat. Story was pretty good, I liked the characters, the licensed tracks were pretty good, especially the Nine Inch Nails and Prodigy bits. Decent variety of enemies. In short, great game.

I have noticed I missed the Deathloop and Pentiment months, I will get onto them at some point. I have just finished Elden Ring, so going to focus on shorter experiences for a bit, so those and Atomic Heart will be perfect for now. I am also playing the Uncharted games at the moment just for a bit of light relief too

TuckNorris85

R1spam

@themightyant great review! I completely get the frustrations with the QTEs and parrying and from your scores, you sound like you were way better than me! Yet, they never really got in the way for me, If hi-fi rush doesn't make my top ten this year, it will have been a brilliant year for games. I haven't voted as I'm playing like a dragon ishin and hoping to play metroid prime remastered so I don't know how much time I'll have. Having said that, I love me some bioshock and interested to see how atomic heart compares to deathloop so I've downloaded and will try to play a bit.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themightyant

@R1spam Thanks! Some of my scores generally got lower as the game went on, In part due to deaths and things like that, and in part because they introduced so many new mechanics that it became harder to focus on the beat. My 'Just in time' stats generally went down from 70+% in the early levels to around 60+% or sometimes lower later on.

Glad to hear you enjoyed this one so much.

At the moment not sure where Hi-Fi Rush will sit at years end. I often base it on how I feel much later on. i.e. do you still remember it, is it still on your mind. Which is the sign of a really good game/media/art to me. Talking of which I've been thinking about Deathloop a lot recently. That 7.5 I gave it seems stingy in my head right now! And it's bugging me. lol. I was tempted to restart it from scratch on XSX and see how fast I could get through it, now I have so much learned knowledge.

But the backlog is long, Game Pass keeps providing and another month of Game Club is round the corner

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

GamingFan4Lyf

@themightyant You know, I felt the same way about Deathloop.

I played it on PS5 and when I finished it, I was like “that was fun.”

When it came to Xbox and I replayed it just to re-experience it and see the expanded ending, I was like “wow, this game is brilliant” and I started to catch so many more small details and stuff. I really enjoyed it more.

Also, the game still felt “fresh” even though I already beat it once.

It’s like, replaying it with vague knowledge of what to expect actually heightened the experience. Almost like the main character where things “come back to you” since you have “done this before”.

When you have a lull period, give Deathloop another replay. Maybe you’ll have the same reaction as I did.

Edited on by GamingFan4Lyf

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

themightyant

@GamingFan4Lyf I can see that. It's definitely a game that grows on you over time. Was talking about it on Eurogamer yesterday and it's really stuck in my head. I think i'll likely feel the same.

I love replaying Arkane games, I pick up Dishonored and just play a level or two frequently. Either going loud and violent or very quiet. Sometimes avoiding enemies all together, other times taking them all down. Sometimes deliberately trying different routes and approaches rather than the ones you've used before. To me it's almost infinitely replayable, especially with the layered verticality. Prey is a little tougher as it's less self contained, but i've still finished it 3 or 4 times.

As for a lull period... I haven't had one of those since the SNES generation Always too many games to play, not enough time. But i'm sure I'll find time eventually!

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant hello mate, can you tag me on Wednesday when all the votes are in please with the final choice please. I'll do the start of month post this time at some point on Wednesday if that's cool. I wana make sure the two tag lists from post 1 and your original post from hi fi rush this month are all synced up

I got the funeral tomorrow (Tues) so I should have a little bit more time to focus on the admin for this thread after that. Cheers again for all your help the last couple months and also thanks to @balta666 for doing December's for us.

@nintendobynature I don't think you are on the tag list, do you want to be added to it?

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny Of course mate, not a problem, I'll tag you tomorrow.

No problem us helping out either. @balta666, myself or someone else will try and pick up the slack if you're busy or not able, it shouldn't be a weight. I also realised YOU are not on the master taglist, may be worth adding yours on the beginning in case we need to post for you again.

Good luck today, thoughts are with you.

themightyant

NintendoByNature

Has anyone voted on Wo Long being that its releasing Friday? I don't know much about soul hackers 2, but I'll toss that in there. Never played more than an hour of Gears of War so I wouldn't be disappointed in that either

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ralphdibny

@themightyant thank you

Haha I suppose I'm not, I will add myself!😅 Hopefully I won't get my own notifications by tagging myself!

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny March's game is Atomic Heart

Atomic Heart (3) - themightyant, Lavalera, Pepa27
The Gunk (2) - MaxC, GamingFan4Lyf
Return to Monkey Island - themightyant
Scorn - MaxC
Brutal Legend - MaxC
Legend of Tian Ding - Balta666
Gears of war - Balta666
Wo Long - NintendoByNature
Soul hackers 2 - NintendoByNature
Gears of War - NintendoByNature

themightyant

ralphdibny

Happy Smarch everyone! This month's game is Atomic Heart.

Untitled

Thanks to @themightyant and @Balta666 for taking over for the last few months. Much appreciated.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Main Story - 15 Hours
Main + Extras - 22½ Hours
Completionist - 33 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @ralphdibny to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!

Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @SoggyY0JIMBO @HelloCraig

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @ralphdibny)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @ralphdibny
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

Amnesia: Dark Descent -
Brutal Legend -
Bugsnax - 1 (blta,
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crackdown 3 - 1 (GF4L,
Crysis -
Fable Anniversary - 1 (nbn,
Gears of War - 4 (nbn, balta, crpyd, hmnsmth
Goldeneye -
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Legend of Tian Ding -
Maneater - 1 (mghtyant,
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 1 (blta,
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Perfect Dark - 1 (blta,
Rage -
Return to Monkey Island - 2 (mghtyant, r1spm,
Scorn -
Signalis -
Sniper Elite 5 -
Somerville -
Soul Hackers 2 -
The Gunk -
Trek to Yomi -
Tunic -
Undertale -
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - 1 (r1spm,
Yoku's Island Express -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

Hey all, please remember to tag me when you vote. I still don't have an amazingly huge amount of time to trawl through posts so I need to see the notifications. Thanks!

I think the tag list in its current form is all up to date, present and correct. Please do let me know if you've been missed off and want to be added or re-added. Also please let me know if you want to be removed!

I haven't checked the GP app for a while either, if anyone spots a game on the voting list that's no longer available (or isn't a fairly recent GwG) then give me a shout (tag) and I'll knock it off the list!

ralphdibny wrote:

@blockfight @jdv95 @SoggyY0JIMBO do you both want to be added to the tag list for this thread?

Just thought I'd check in with the 3 of you again! Hope you are all well

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny thanks. I’ll vote for Return to Monkey Island & Maneater now, I may add one more later.

Nobody saves the World has left Game Pass (great game)

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic