Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 3,342

Lavalera

@GamingFan4Lyf I know how that is. I had access to the closed Diablo 4 open beta. It's so much fun if you get to play test a bit before everyone else.

Hope you have fun with it!

@NintendoByNature Yeah i failed those many times as well. Normally I can get easily frustrated if i fail many times, but somehow it didn't bother me that much with this game. That usually shows the game is really good

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

themightyant

@GamingFan4Lyf Enjoy! Don't tell us anything...
(whispers, just a Gladiator style thumbs up, thumb down or fist emoji will do. lol)

I miss the days of playtesting games. It's been a long while! Mostly Psygnosis, Infogrames and a couple of Codemasters titles back in the day.

themightyant

DoomGuy_117

Almost done with the 2nd Level Of Hi-Fi. So fun. I did not think I had this much rhythm.

GT - JohnnyUtah54

GamingFan4Lyf

@themightyant Well the good thing is that I can't talk about anything I have seen!

Once the playtest period is over, I will make sure to give you my "Thumbs Up/Down" verdict with a simple caveat that the game is still in active development and that my tastes may differ from others.

So far, my impressions are mostly positive - but I hate to use that as a metric since I am still getting over the "heck yes I am playing Redfall!" excitement.

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

themightyant

SoggyY0JIMBO wrote:

Almost done with the 2nd Level Of Hi-Fi. So fun. I did not think I had this much rhythm.

LOL

One of the things I heard that's really good is the game doesn't massively punish you for being off beat, you just do less damage, unlike things like Crypt of the Necrodancer and Metal Hellsinger, that's a massive plus in my unrhythmical book.

themightyant

Balta666

@themightyant @SoggyY0JIMBO good point. I am interested in knowing what is the average rating around here. My overall ranking are mostly B and C (with a few A mixed around but never had a S ranking) and normaly tend to be rhythm around C/D and time spend in fights A or close to it.

Edited on by Balta666

Lavalera

@themightyant I suck at Rhytm games. Just like @Balta666 mentions is generally got B ranks in the levels, with the actual hit on rhytm around D (thats like a 30% hit on rhythm percentage.) The simple fact the game is so forgiving makes it a lot more fun. People who like a challange can go do the hard modes and try for S ranks all the time. People who just like fun an no challenge can basically turn on all accessibility modes and basically just press a button once. That is part of why it is so incredibly succesful I think. Well next to the amazing art style, great music and humor of course

Edited on by Lavalera

GamingFan4Lyf

@Balta666 I only played the first stage; but I average Bs - with B ranked rhythm. Perhaps being a drummer helps me a little with that part - lol. I managed to get a couple of As, though.

Sometimes, I am too wrapped up in chaos to pay attention to the rhythm. I do what I can; but my main goal is just to finish the fight.

I do like that things are pretty forgiving and that keeping time is more about score than necessary to progress.

Edited on by GamingFan4Lyf

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

xMightyMatt14x

So I’m about halfway through Hifi Rush and absolutely love it! I’m usually a light gamer in that I don’t play on extremely hard difficulties because I’m just not a top notch shooter or action gamer, and just want to enjoy the story. In this case, however, I gave it a shot with having a musical background. I feel powerful for once in a game and it’s great. As others have said, it doesn’t punish you for being a little off, but it sure does reward you for being on!

I really enjoy the colors, fun environments, humor and overall feel of the game. Its a game I feel like I’ll be able to come back to many times in the future in the way I could back to the same episodes of an old “Saturday morning cartoon”. Looking forward to seeing how it ends!

xMightyMatt14x

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 lol, yea they're hard. It's my only( even if it's a very small) gripe with the game. Everything else is top notch though and it's quickly becoming one of my very favorite games in the last few years.

NintendoByNature

Lavalera

@Balta666 the only problem I had with timing was the Qte events of your allies. There was no room for error with those. With the parry mons and bosses I generally had little to no problem. Granted I played the entire game on easy. Normally I am horrible at those mechanics and I skip Souls games for that reason, but this game wasn't all that difficult for me. But that's the thing it has to click

jdv95

I have most difficulty timing those correct button presses that you have to get Just right otherwise it will fail. For example those machines you activate for the nodes
It must land on the green outline no margin of Error allowed.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

jdv95

I have most difficulty timing those correct button presses that you have to get Just right otherwise it will fail. For example those machines you activate for the nodes
It must land on the green outline no margin of Errol allowed.

jdv95

jdv95

It must land on the green outline no margin of Errol allowed.

jdv95

xMightyMatt14x

@Balta666 I definitely get you. I will say it’s a skill that you definitely need to have for later in the game. There will be encounters where you need that skill. If you’re okay with a spoiler on “who” and “why” click here. I just finished the fight with Korsica and not only is it all a “parry” section, but it adds a new dodge to the parry sections and you have to time perfectly a multi button pattern. .

xMightyMatt14x

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic