Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 3,288

Lavalera

I wasn't planning on playing it but I finished Hi-Fi Rush. I wanted to try it because of the hype it generated on the web. And rightfully so. This game is absolutely amazing.

The art style is beautiful. It looks and feels like an early 2000's game but then polished like a modern game. The gameplay is absolutely fun. I generally suck at rhythm games, but in this game that doesn't matter. You always hit on the music, but the closer you hit on the rhythm the more damage you do. The game is very accessible that way even for people who aren't great at it.

The game is very funny. Some of the dialogues are over the top. But in this game that perfectly fits.
The music is also pretty great with music from Nine Inch Nails and Prodigy to name a few bands. You just can't sit still during the game an automatically tap your feet on the rhythm. It's also because everything in the game moves on the rhythm, even the main character Chai.

Shadow dropping this game was the best thing they could do. Without knowing to much about it is the best way to play this game. You go in with a fully open mind and will be addicted in no time. One of the best games i played on gamepass and I hope it will get the proper rewards it deserves

@ralphdibny I probably wont play it in March but I'll vote for Atomic Heart as well. That game has the highest chance of me trying it if I have the time in march

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

Pepa27

Few levels in and really enjoying HFR.

That's the beauty of Gamepass as I would have probably been reluctant to get this game without a serious sale. But as it is, discovered my favorite new release for a long time! The style of it is a refreshing change from a lot of the games of usually play too!

Cannot wait for Atomic Heart though and that would be my vote for next month!

Pepa27

Pepa27

@Balta666 ah yeah please add me. Been following most the monthly games for a while now. Cheers 👍🏽

Pepa27

GamingFan4Lyf

@themightyant My biggest complaint with the game is that once you find the weapons you prefer, there is absolutely zero reason to get new weapons (unless you find a higher tier version of a weapon you like). At a certain point, enemies will only drop the best Weapon/Character Perks. Once you get the loadout you are comfortable with, there really isn't any reason so switch up unless you are just looking to just play around.

For the context of finishing the game - just use the loadout that works best for your play style and focus more on gathering intel than gathering Perks/Weapons.

Also, if you are on your last "life" and have barely made any progress in a stage, I suggest cutting your losses, gather your corpse, and just end the stage. At least then you don't lose out on precious resources.

I found Blink and the ability to go Invisible the two best powers to use. I just didn't like any of the offensive powers. Killing Julianna is like the best way to get the upgrades too. Are you playing online or offline? I chose Offline because I hate PvP - it's just too frustrating to get invaded

Also, if you didn't already know, there are leads that automatically track and others that don't. Make sure you check your Leads list as you may have a Lead you want to follow but it didn't automatically enable for tracking. This should help a little.

I am not going to sit here and say "Ah man you HAVE to finish the game" but, yeah, sometimes it feels like you aren't getting anywhere.

It's kind of like a spiral. You start on a large circle where things seem slow and as you keep going into the center of the spiral things start to progress faster and faster as your "search" narrows in scope. I mean, it's kind of designed this way to fit Colt's situation.

That game is actually pretty short, if that helps. I think my first playthrough was like...15-ish hours at the most. My second playthrough (almost a year later) was under 10 hours.

Edited on by GamingFan4Lyf

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

themightyant

@GamingFan4Lyf Completely agree with 95% of what you have said here. Ignore the weapons/loadouts right now as I have good ones focus on the leads/intel.

I think part of the problem is ME, in that I am a slow gamer, I like to look everywhere and do things slowly, methodically. Whereas I think the stage of the game I am at I think it would be better to do a quick run in a zone focussing on 1 or 2 leads then go to the next one and focus on 1 or 2, as so many seem to lead on from into in other areas/times. It just goes against how I like to play naturally. But I will try.

Maybe I will switch to the Invisibility perk, to try and get in and out unseen, I've been using Nexus to link enemies and take down 2-5 in one silenced headshot which is OP... Would never get rid of Shift/Blink, it's a must.

Agree on Julianna too, though it's a little risk vs reward, if she catches you off guard she can take you out quickly. Yes playing offline, not a fan of PvP invasions.

I'm usually pretty stubborn and don't give up on games often, and I am (mostly) enjoying this so no danger of that right now.

Thanks for the tips. Need to focus on the prize and not get sidetracked so often... probably in this game and life. lol

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant cheers for that, the rest has been updated on my end. does feel a bit weird to have my signature link to your post though! 😅

Seriously though, really appreciate it!

@Pepa27 I've added you to to the tag list in Post #1 as well. Welcome to the club!

See ya!

NintendoByNature

Already halfway(ish) through the game and I love it to bits!

NintendoByNature

MaxC

@ralphdibny Hey, please add me to this list!

I just finished Hi Fi Rush today but intend to play through on all difficulties over the month.

As for votes on the next game, Scorn, Brutal Legend, and The Gunk are all in my backlog, so those are my picks. Particularly The Gunk since that's been on Gamepass for 13 months and could be leaving any month now.

Thanks!

MaxC

Xbox Gamertag: Max Collins

ralphdibny

@MaxC cheers, added to post #1 of this thread! Will use the refreshed tag list for next month.

Welcome to the club!

See ya!

GamingFan4Lyf

Hi-Fi Rush is really, really good. I know people have been throwing Jet Set Radio around; but the gameplay has more of a Bayonetta vibe to me - with rhythm.

Voice acting is top notch and the animation work is incredible. It really does feel like you are playing an anime or something. Plus, I didn't encounter a single bug anywhere so far (only finished first stage, though). It's a completely polished experience!

This game came out of nowhere and it's a huge hit with me. Pure gaming fun.

More of this Microsoft!

NintendoByNature

Does anyone else feel like Chai is extremely familiar or is it just me? Feels like 90s Saturday morning cartoons and burger King Kids club if you ask me

NintendoByNature

themightyant

(Sorry slow as usual) I played a little more Deathloop and finally had some solid progress. I completed 2 of the main leads and found good clues for another 2 for the next loop, plus opened/explored some new areas. Finally a breakthrough of sorts. Looking forward to the next loop.

themightyant

R1spam

So I played some more hi-fi rush, I'm not sure I'm going to go back deathloop until this is finished! I love how vibrant the world is and whilst I very rarely score above B on timing, I never feel punished or limited. I've unlocked a few combos now and the launcher combo allowing you to air juggle enemies feels increadible. The story feels fun and frivolous without being throwaway or cringey. The way everything in the world reinforces the beat is so well designed and the soundtrack slaps! For this game to be so good after dropping out of nowhere is insane.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

GamingFan4Lyf

I get to test Redfall this weekend starting tonight - so Hi-Fi Rush will have to be put on hold.

I won't be able to share any specifics about the game, but I am looking forward to it!

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I can see that! Played another stage tonight, and this game just gets better and better. My only gripe is the QTEs for either smashing the giant red buttons or having to memorize the beat patterns for a parry. Both can be slightly tedious, but not too bad. Other than that, this game is absolutely amazing.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic