Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 3,381

Lavalera

@Banjo- I haven't played either of those yet. I wish listed the Silent Hill collection and Project Zero and waiting for a good sale on them. Since i don't know if i like them or not i rather wait until they are a low enough price in case I don't like them. But they are on my radar to try one day

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

Sorry Balta, you are completely right!

There is currently a tie between Pentiment and Return to Monkey Island. Apologies for the mass tag but are there any more last minute votes to come in? Or has anyone already played a game they've voted for?

Let me know! Thanks

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Lavalera @frabbit @djshep1973 @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @AgentCooper @EliteSlayer

Amnesia: Dark Descent -
Brutal Legend -
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crysis -
Deathloop - 2 (r1spm, mghtynt,
Fable Anniversary -
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 1 (hmnsmth,
Nobody Saves The World - 1 (r1spm,
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Pentiment - 4 ( r1spm, lvlra, coop, clnkyld,
Perfect Dark -
Portal 2 -
Rage -
Return to Monkey Island - 3 (lvlra, coop, balta
Scorn - 1 (mghtynt,
Signalis -
Sniper Elite 5 -
Somerville - 1 (mghtynt,
The Gunk - 1 (banjo,
Trek to Yomi -
Tunic -
Undertale - 1 (balta,
Yoku's Island Express -

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Mundaney

Pentiment, please.

"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?"

RazputinAquato

I'm almost finishing Pentiment, that's a really great game. Anyone who enjoys it should take a look at Disco Elysium as well.

RazputinAquato

Xbox Gamertag: Magabro5382

LeanerFasterStronger

Throwing my vote in for pentiment.

"Who you are comes from the choices you make when life gets tough."

Cass, Fallout New Vegas
TuckNorris85

I am a massive Monkey Island fan, so my vote goes to.... Pentiment.

To be fair, I am going to play both anyway ( as well as Immortality which I missed the other month), so it doesn't matter too much.

I took a break from this club for the last month to play Grid Legends, Plague Tale and God of War Ragnarok, however it seems I played this months game in the process lol. So here are some thoughts on Plague Tale Requiem.

Story was absolutely top notch, just as good as the first game. Graphics were mindblowing, I absolutely loved the 40fps mode for the 120hz displays. Coincidentally I am using that setting for God of War Ragnarok, and that looks great as well, hopefully more developers jump onto that setting, it's a game changer.

I felt the gameplay however was a bit weaker than the first game. It seemed a lot harder than last time, and some of the forced arena-style battles were just utter *****. Apparently a new patch has made them more bearable, so hopefully that helps, but overall I think I had more fun with Innocence.

I definitely intend to do a new game plus though to mop up the rest if the achievements. It was still a good game despite its flaws

TuckNorris85

ralphdibny

Hi all and welcome to Game Club's selection for December: Pentiment.

A thoroughly christmassy affair, I am sure you will all agree.

This game finds Santa down on his luck, contemplating whether to re-home Blitzen or Dasher, the last two reindeer he could afford to keep. Mrs Clause decides to call the RSPCA but they say they don't have the facilities to re-home reindeer. Santa is in despair. Grieved by the thought that he might have to (trigger warning) put down one of his reindeer, he decides to sacrifice himself instead.

Play as Santa as you go on a mushroom assisted vision quest, through the snowy forests of Lapland. Come to the realisation that the magic of Christmas might not be what it once was. Follow Santa to Wall Street, where he becomes a successful trader, eyeing up stocks no other trader would consider. Return home to Mrs. Clause in Lapland a financial success only to find.... Well you'll have to finish the game to find out!

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Main Story - 13½ Hours
Main + Extras - 18½ Hours
Completionist - 24 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @ralphdibny to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!

Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @ralphdibny)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @ralphdibny
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

Amnesia: Dark Descent -
Brutal Legend -
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crysis -
Deathloop -
Fable Anniversary -
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma -
Nobody Saves The World -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Perfect Dark -
Rage -
Return to Monkey Island -
Scorn -
Signalis -
Sniper Elite 5 -
Somerville -
The Gunk -
Trek to Yomi -
Tunic -
Undertale -
Yoku's Island Express -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Balta666

So I have played the first chapter of Pentiment last week as a palate cleanser from Persona 5 (which has been taking most of my playing time atm).

I am really liking the story narrative but I will have to start by talking about the pretty terrible UI. From the start the graphic style never resonated with me but I got used to it, however the sounds bother me quite a lot to a point I am almost playing the game in mute... The main issue being that the text scrolling has a sound of scribbling in paper that you cannot turn off and the text is very slow to scroll even at max speed. I guess I am used to have a lot of UI options nowadays and this one as a budget title lacks in it.

Edited on by Balta666

Lavalera

@ralphdibny My votes for January will go to deathloop and return to Monkey Island

PSNid: Lavalera

R1spam

@ralphdibny time to be honest about that ending, Santa found Mrs clause in bed with an elf and thought, "time to join the naughty list" but you only get to join in if you pass a very difficult dialogue check

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

R1spam

For next vote, I'd be keen to try
return to monkey Island
I don't have any history with the series, I actually don't have much history with adventure games full stop so would like to give it a try after pentiment.
A second vote for
deathloop also

Edited on by R1spam

LeanerFasterStronger

I've been really enjoying Pentiment.

The historical aspects of it has even gotten me interested in medieval history and some of the other aspects surrounding the setting of the game. So far I've watched a couple documentaries about Martin Luther. Anybody have a reading list or Youtube recommendations?

I haven't completed the game yet, I just finished Act 2 last night. I did find the ending to Act 2 completely absurd. Without spoilers, I thought what happened was because I picked bookworm, but I'm told that happens no matter what background you pick.

One thing I'm quite fond of is the variety of story options available to the player. The last game I can remember that had solid choice and consequence like this was Wasteland 3.

I also thought it was refreshing that just because you CAN choose a special dialog option, doesn't mean you automatically should. There has been a good handful of times where I was penalized for doing so. Additionally, sometimes, saying nothing is the best response and that is always a plus in my book when playing these types of games.

"Who you are comes from the choices you make when life gets tough."

Cass, Fallout New Vegas
ralphdibny

@R1spam haha at least thats a lot less dark than what I imagined happening... I had to stop there because I didn't want the thread to get locked 😂

Thanks for reading it though, either you were the only one who did or at the very least, the only one who found it remarkable. I'm not sure which is worse 😅

See ya!

R1spam

@ralphdibny I'm going with that all the non uk based folks were completely thrown by the RSPCA acronym!

R1spam

@LeanerFasterStronger that's some real good advice about sometimes "you say it best when you say nothing at all" (I'm editorialising, no one should quote Ronan Keeting in the year of our Lord 2022).

I think a big thing about this game is the background that you pick for your Andreas Maler, as it is going to impact what your dialogue choices you can access. What did folks go for? I picked that I had traveled through flanders, I was a hedonist, studied medicine and was skilled orator. Let's see who is getting their pants chatted off first 🙈.

I feel like I'm at the centre of the weirdest Venn diagram for this game! I've read the wolf Hall trilogy over the last 12 months, which is set in England but covers lots of happenings in the holy roman empire at the same time, I don't mind a game not having voice acting and enjoy smart writing (which this game has spades of). I'm really enjoying the game so far for what it is.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic