Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 341 to 360 of 585

NintendoByNature

I started up Ghostwire Tokyo on GP. It's different for sure. Feels a little "off" even. I'll keep at it though and see how it shakes out. Chapter 1 down.

NintendoByNature

Lavalera

@NintendoByNature Yeah the game is absolutely different and that's why I liked it so much. From the previews it looked like a full blown action game, Tango has a history with making horror games. So was kinda expecting it to be some sort of horror shooter. But that couldn't be further from the truth. I've been reading some interviews with the developers .

Their idea was basically to incorporate a lot of Japanese mythology into a modern day Tokyo. A lot of the enemies, collectibles, stories etc are based on Ghost stories, myths or folklore in general. When i started to play it I started to approach it more like a "walking sim". So just walk around and explore the world en find the collectibles. I wasn't to well known with a lot of Japanese mythology, so found myseld googling certain items/quests/monsters to find out more about the background. And once i appoached the game like that i started to love the game. It was even one of my top 3 favorite games of last year.

The game isn't for everyone, some people will play it like a far cry in Tokyo and people who don't like open world games might be put off by the collection of spirits and items. But i do hope to see some more love for it and people approaching it in a more relaxed way and loving the game that way.

I hope you enjoy the rest you play of it.

PSNid: Lavalera

HarmanSmith

@Sebatrox I started playing this one and is cool. I read some people that dislikes the art choice, but I think it looks good for a retro-type game. Maybe I'll fall for the DLC too.

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

NintendoByNature

@Lavalera good to know. I'll dive in more this weekend. I can't quite tell the genre it's going for just yet. Combat feels satisfying once you're ripping out the heart. Enemies are decent looking. The world looks amazing. So all and all, I'll try to see this one through til the end which isn't that long anyway.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

I got to chapter 3 of Ghostwire and i might be uninstalling it. Nothing I really hate about the game, I just feel like its a little too all over the place for my liking. Combat felt a little off, and spammy at times. I typically find myself running out of ether or arrows which becomes a pain during swarms. Also, does the water ether even do anything? It feels like it was very unaffective towards enemies.

I guess my question to anyone who's played is, does anything change from chapter 3 onward that would warrant me continuing on? Aside from environments changing from time to time, most of the game has felt the same for the 3.5hrs I've played. I'm not trying to rag on the game, as it has some good ideas and looks amazing, but just isnt gripping me like I thought it would. Any feedback would be appreciated.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Decided to fire up High on Life. We'll see how this turns out and if I should go back to Ghostwire Tokyo

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature cannot really say on chapter 3 onwards as I am at that same chapter (paused to play Bugsnax before it is removed by the end of the month).
Regarding the combat I did not have the same problem as you (and not to try to bring you back by force ) but you may not be using each power in the best way, for example the water one is something you need to use as close combat due to its very small radious of action, however when charged it is quite usefull in my opinion. I never used the arrows (apart from the mandatory sections) as they are quite weak in comparison and I swap mid battle to each power as I see fit to the enemies with the charged fire power as my favourite.

Edited on by Balta666

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 oh boy, I probably am doing something wrong 😅. Noted on the abilities, and I'll try to make best use of them on the next go round.

NintendoByNature

Lup

I have taken a braak from my Yakuza marathon to finish the two Spiderman games on PS4 (kind of dissapointing) since those were leaving PS+.
Now I'm back on Xbox to finish Shenmue 1 & 2 to then jump to 3 on PS+ (also leaving).

Currently on Shenmue 1. It's still too early for impressions but I can say that back in the day it would have blown my mind.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

NintendoByNature

So I started The Last Case of Benedicf Fox. Is it me or does benedict feel very tanky for an action/platformer/metroidvania? The voice acting, visuals, and characters are all top notch. I just can't get past the controls. And for the life of me, I can beat the first boss I've run into. Anyone else get to the first boss yet?

NintendoByNature

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers;
As of now, I´m playing The Gunk and Guilty Gear Strive on my Series X.
Didn´t know how much I was going to enjoy it, but The Gunk as a pretty good vibe.
As for GGS, I´m maining Nagoriyuki and even though I´m still not that good, I´m having a blast with him.
I am also very curious with The Last Case of Benedicf Fox, since I love this kind of game. we´ll see.
Cheers, stay safe everyone and happy gaming to us all

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

ralphdibny

Been playing Hot Wheels Unleashed. Absolutely wicked game!

I don't really understand the upgrading process because sometimes I've upgraded a car and not liked the change very much so I've ended up switching to a different car

The gameplay is really fun though. Just blitzing through the story mode now.

See ya!

Balta666

I have started Kingdom hearts birth by sleep and Diablo 2 resurrected but mine of them fully grabbed me (the first maybe because i am reaching a bit of series fatigue and the second because it has kind of old mechanics with no clear indicativo of where to go and what is best to sell, trade whatever). Finally my copy of jedi survivor arrived and I was unsure if I would return it due to the performance issues but as it has a Patch already I think I will go for it until tears of the Kingdom next week...

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I've never played a kingdom hearts game and I'm trying to decide if I should go with kingdom hearts 1.5 + 2.5 or FF XV as they're both on sale. I've played quite a few ff games but not any of the arpgs aside from crisis core. Have you both both of those games and if so, which would you recommend?

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature humm I played both and let me see...
I do not dislike or love any of them. FF XV is far from the best final fantasy and I am not the biggest fan of its gameplay but it is fun enough I guess. Storywise is a rollercoaster with big highs and lows and it was 200% rushed into stores. If you go for it make sure you get the Royal edition as the dlc are fundamental to the story.
Kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 HD first thing you need to realize is that only for mais story it will take 100-150h as each game takes around 25-35h and you kind of need to play them all (or watch the cutscenes somewhere else to follow the story. For example if you start KH2 after KH you will feel like you are playing a different game as there is literally not one character from the first game in first 3-5h including the ones you are playing...) Gameplay wise the mais ones are very basic and 90% of the time you will be mashing one button but it is engaging enough due to the settings as long as you like Disney characters.
In resume I think I still prefer FF but both are worth it to play today.

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I'm not too worried about performance. I'm sure it'll be serviceable but thank you either way. I ended up grabbing FF XV and DMC5

NintendoByNature

TeamAndromeda

I'm playing the new Star Wars Jedi game and don't get all the bashing the game is getting myself

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

TeamAndromeda

KromCompany

I've been playing the original Forza Horizon on my Series X in 4K. I'm really enjoying the game and can't believe what I missed out on when I was nose deep in my Nintendo 3DS during high school. I spent a lot of my time in high school reading and interacting with the sister site Nintendo Life, but over the years I have sort of shifted to PC and Xbox. I'm just waiting on the next Forza Motorsport and hoping it will be more single player content rich than FM7.

3ds FC: 2921-9956-8417

Xbox Gamertag: KromCompany

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic