Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 261 to 280 of 586

HarmanSmith

@ralphdibny Now that you mention it, I didn't thought about the grape issue, even if I am aware of that (that's one reason grapes are a big "no" anywhere near my dog). I hope too that children don't get ideas from this flawed depiction. A shame, as that mechanic had some potential!

Haha, that's true, my friend! We played what we play and like what we like. And that's the great thing about it, more often than not we can find some gems, some so-so games and some great ones.

Not on this case maybe, but at least we can experiment every now and then

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers.
Having finished Halo 4 and with that, the Halo Master Chief Collection, I started Gears of war 4 for the very first time. My toughts so far are, the prologue was good, but the first act I´m not sure.
The visuals are really good, the game as more color, but who are these new characters and why am I stealing some fabricator from the COGs? I still have no idea. But I am enjoying it, nonetheless.
The new storm effects are pretty cool as well.
Cheers, stay safe and happy gaming to us all

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

ralphdibny

@RaZieLDaNtE I can't remember gears 4 exactly but I think the general idea is that like in real life, it's murky who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. It's set some time after Gears 3 as well so those of our Gears who made it through the original trilogy have all ended up in different places. I think it will become clearer as you play through the game

See ya!

RaZieLDaNtE

@ralphdibny Hi there friend and thanks
I guess I just thought they would mentioned before who these characters are, with some kind of exposition or something. The game will probably get there anyway.
Were also fighting robots now. That´s new.
I do like the idea of not nowing who are the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are. It makes the story more interesting, since there is always tow sides to the same story.
Cheers, stay safe and have a good one

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

KilloWertz

@Balta666 Different consoles, but when I played it on the PS5, I didn't have a crash either. Granted I only played it for a few hours, but it went smoothly. You would think the Series X version would be just as good given that the game has been out for a year and they would have had that whole time to work on the Series X version too. Maybe just bad luck? I dunno.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

ralphdibny

@AgentCooper I had the exact same feeling when I first booted up horizon 4 a few years back. I went from having not played a non-kart racing game since TOCA 2 on the PS1 to thinking Horizon 4 was one of the best games I've ever played.

Ive given other racing games a chance since with mixed results. I've liked all the other Horizon games but still pretty much dislike the more realistic track racing games

See ya!

Balta666

Have been playing persona 5 royal (about 5h in) and I have mixed feelings with it. I absolutely dislike timed progression in games as I like to do things at my own pace and to decide if i want to do something or not (and Hate to miss things because at some I decided to post pone it. Also the animations are kind of slow and the story the same. But the combat is enjoyable and I like the main characters banter.

EliteSlayer

@Balta666 I had a similar experience with p5, failed the first dungeon because of the time limit and gave up playing after that. I only really liked the dungeons and combat of the game but disliked the lifesim aspect. What did you think about the lifesim aspects? Hope you get farther than me as it is definitely a good game.

EliteSlayer

crippyd

Playing Scorn at the moment and also Deathloop. Scorn I'm finding very confusing and it hasn't really drawn me in. Deathloop is not really doing it for me either. On both games I'm finding progression to be slow going, with the repettitive nature of Deathloop proving to be dull.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

EliteSlayer

@crippyd I bounced right off within the first 20 mins, found it too visually depressing and doesn't really tell the player much. I enjoyed deathloop but gave up after the bunker that blows up if the target is alerted.

EliteSlayer

Lavalera

After finishing A Plague Tale and Ni No Kuni I started P5r. Let's hope I like it better than the person's above me haha

PSNid: Lavalera

voxshrapnel

Like a lot of people, I'm going to back Persona 5 Royal. I actually finished it around this time last year on PS5 and only fired it up on Xbox Series X to see how the 4k/60fps update looked. Now I'm 10 hours in...

I can comfortably say it's one of my favourite games of all time, with one of my favourite soundtracks – and it's awesome that you get the battle themes from other Persona games with the different outfits.

But can also totally understand if people find it to a) be too much of a time investment and b) be too anime. If you're interested at all, I'd urge you to try it out – just know that it's a commitment and takes a while to truly kick into gear.

Stay well everyone!

Gamertag: voxshrapnel

Lup

I saw Life is Strange: True Colors on Game Pass that for some reason I hadn't notice before. I wanted to play something in that style, so I'm hooked now.

Lup

LtSarge

I think I've discovered one of the coolest indie games ever. It's called Signalis. I saw a review of it on NintendoLife and the reviewer gave it a 9/10, which piqued my curiosity as I thought it looked like nothing more than another one of those retro-styled indie games. I recalled that the game is also available on Game Pass, so I decided to give it a shot there. It's basically a mix between top-down survival horror and point-and-click. It looks retro-styled initially but it's like a mix between retro and modern graphics as the characters are 3D. On top of this, the game's characters come from a country that has been apparently combined, which is Germany/China. So the in-game texts consist of both German and Chinese languages, which is really cool. The overall presentation is also very cool. I'm super impressed by this game, if you're looking for a refreshing indie survival horror game that's heavily inspired by Resident Evil, then give this game a try!

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic