Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,429

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki I didn't. But these are brand new cables, so I'd be surprised if they're faulty. I will at least try that though.

NintendoByNature

Clyde_Radcliffe

BAMozzy wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe Not 'usually' but there is almost always games on sale and they tend to change 'weekly'. Also you'll get 'special' sales - like January sales, Publisher sales, Black Friday, Halloween Christmas (which includes Boxing day) but not Boxing Day specifically.
Boxing Day sales are more a UK thing as Christmas isn't the 'Same' in the US. Their 'equivalent' is more Thanksgiving as its not 'religious'. I'm sure they'll have a New Years sale coming up but there are always games on Sale...

Thanks! I'm hoping for some of the older Sonic games to go on sale in January like they did this year.

Clyde_Radcliffe

NintendoByNature

Couldn't find an unpopular opinion thread or a Resident Evil thread. But, I have to say, I just played through both 2 and 3 Remake, and I really liked 3 more than 2. I can't put my finger on it, but it was just more enjoyable and the environments felt more alive than that of RE2R. Nemesis was way cooler than Mr X. Better boss fights, more ammo, and that hospital holdout with the hordes of zombies was great. Loved it way more than 2.

NintendoByNature

LtSarge

@NintendoByNature I think the reason why people didn't like RE3 Remake is because they keep comparing it to the original, which had more content. But just because a version has more content doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. It all depends on whether the content is good or not. I've actually played the original RE3 on PS1 and I'm aware of the sections that were cut out in the remake. In all honesty, they didn't feel like anything special. I genuinely thought they ruined the pacing because you think you're at the end of the game, but then you have several more areas to go. While I haven't played RE3 Remake, if the game ends where I think it ends, then I think it's for the better.

Out of curiosity, did you go into RE3 Remake knowing nothing about the cut content?

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@NintendoByNature While I still highly enjoyed the RE2 remake, I actually liked RE3 Remake more than it as well. I found it simply more fun to play through. I guess it didn't hurt that I never played the original, so I could care less about the cut content, but it was a lot of fun regardless.

I also thought Mr. X was, while a fine villain, really annoying and cheap at times. I'd manage to get far far away from him in the police station, to the point where it would be impossible for him to find me at all, and he'd magically appear shortly afterwards even though he should have no idea where I was. I also thought the ending was lame, at least for Claire (I never beat it with Leon). It definitely gave me the feeling of "that's it?" after all she went through leading up to the end. I found RE3 Remake to be a nice balanced experience.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

NintendoByNature

@LtSarge I heard about the cut content back when the game launched, but i just recently got an Xbox, so this is my first time with 3( original included). The games pacing felt perfect in this one, and I'm happy with the way the game shaked out. I can understand if players played the original and stuff was cut with the remake. But for me, coming in fresh, it really didn't bother me much.
@KilloWertz I played with Leon, and while I liked the story for the most part, I really liked how 3 played out. Not to mention, all those tie-ins to 2 made it all the better. Same happened with me and Mr X. He would just pop in out of nowhere, right when you were where you needed to be. Which made traversal a chore at times. Plus, half the game being spent in the police station kind of got old for me. It was great at first then I was ready for it to be over with well before it was.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

KilloWertz

@NintendoByNature I actually didn't mind the game being mostly in the same setting. It was how they had Mr. X ruin that setting from time to time by making some of the chases absolutely absurd. Like I said, I still highly enjoyed the game and it might have ended up being my 2019 Game of the Year if it didn't release in the same year as Control, but 3 was even more fun for me. It was one of those times where I was glad to be in the extreme minority in regards to the RE remakes.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

NintendoByNature

@KilloWertz for sure. I'm now eyeing village, but might give myself a rest before jumping back into an RE game so soon lol.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@SoggyY0JIMBO I've heard the beginning is a great RE experience then the second half goes a little off the rails. At least I thought I read that somewhere.

NintendoByNature

DoomGuy_117

@NintendoByNature Hmmm. I don't quite agree with that. I don't want to spoil anything for you. I think some are just upset at the villain order. My only issue with the game is Chris Redfield. The way he acts is kind of just odd to me.

DoomGuy_117

NintendoByNature

Does anyone have a list of upcoming February games for X/S? Just trying to plan my spending for both switch and xbox!

@SoggyY0JIMBO good to know. At some point, I'll give it a shot.

NintendoByNature

EliteSlayer

Anyone know if the conversion trick for cheap game pass still works?

EliteSlayer

DoomGuy_117

@NintendoByNature Pretty Dry Month.

Like a Dragon Ishin seems interesting but I think I'll wait for a sale.

Not sure about GamePass releases.

Hogwarts is 2/10 - not my jam.

Destiny Lightfall - 2/28

Pipe dream but I'm hoping they Drop a Bomb and tell us Forza is rerleasing next month.

Edited on by DoomGuy_117

DoomGuy_117

DoomGuy_117

Goldeneye on Friday!

This pleases me.

DoomGuy_117

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic