Forums

Topic: What (Non-Xbox) Game Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 101 to 120 of 209

dmcc0

Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch. I feel like this is going to be a long one! About 4hrs in and it still feels a little like I'm in the tutorial. The battling mechanic is a bit strange; I've never come across anything like it before and I'm not sure yet if I like it. It's an odd mix - auto attack when you engage an enemy but you're still controlling the characters' movement in real time while selecting specific attacks like a turn based game. Enjoying it so far though, even though I suspect I've not really progressed that far into the story.

dmcc0

LtSarge

Started playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PS3. I used to play this game online a lot back when it came out in 2012. However, I didn't experience much of the campaign past the first two levels, so I decided to finally revisit this game now and play through the story. So far this game has impressed me a lot considering how Tom Clancy games have become today. Back then the games were purely tactical shooters and I have a lot of experience from those, mostly from the Rainbow Six Vegas titles. So going into Future Soldier didn't feel that different. One of the coolest things about this game though is that you have optic camouflage so you can literally crouch down and walk while still being practically invisible. Not to mention that your team consists of three other characters and because of that you're able to pull off sync shots, which is performed by marking four targets and when you shoot one of them the others in your team will shoot the rest at the same time. All weapons have suppressors as well, so this is genuinely one of the coolest and stealthiest tactical shooters I've ever played. So as a huge fan of the stealth genre, I'm absolutely loving the campaign. Can't wait to play more!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just resumed my playthrough of BioShock on PS4. I last played this game one year ago and I stopped playing it because it started feeling stale. It became too much of a shooter rather than the horror/adventure game it felt like at the start. However, now that I've played it for an hour, I've started liking it once again. So I guess the one year break was good for me because now I'm questioning why I even stopped playing it, lol.

Anyway, I'm apparently halfway through the game now, which is good because I've had this game in my backlog for such a long time that I just want to finish it as soon as possible (without rushing things of course). Looking forward to finally finishing this gem!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Been playing Steins;Gate on PS Vita lately and after four hours of playing it, the game finally clicked with me today. The whole plot revolves around time travel, which is not a concept that's uncommon in video games. However, the thing that makes it special in this game is that the writing makes the story feel very grounded. The characters go to seminars about time travel and the people who talk at the seminars bring up theories about time travel, which I assume are actual theories because they talk about them in such details using terms from physics. So when the time travel aspect actually occurs, it becomes a very cool situation due to how grounded the story is. It actually feels like it could happen in real life. If they didn't do all of this at the start of the game, then this wouldn't have felt as special.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing the rest of the game. It's apparently a 30 hour game, which is decent for a visual novel, and this might actual become another phenomenal hidden gem on the Vita for me. It's been a long time since I've found one of those, so this is very exciting for me since some of my favourite video games of all time are Vita games.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Started playing Devil May Cry 5 on PS4 today and this game is seriously so much fun. I love playing as both Nero and V, I really like their different styles. I'm going to be honest though, I've never taken the DMC series seriously because I found the games to be incredibly difficult, so I used to always play on the easiest difficulty setting with assist on. But now I'm playing on Devil Hunter (Normal I believe) and with assists off and the game is still manageable for me. I think it definitely helps that I've become more used to hack and slash games with combos thanks to Yakuza and Bayonetta. Not to mention that the game gives you a lot of freedom in terms of upgrading your characters and their health, and you get tons of golden orbs to keep you alive throughout the game as well as every day as a login bonus.

In other words, I'm highly enjoying this game thus far. Looking forward to playing more of it!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Link41x

Still slugging away at Uncharted: Golden Abyss on the Vita.

PSN ID: Linkx41

Xbox Gamertag: Linkx41

LtSarge

Started playing Jak 3 on PS3 today and I'm happy to say that my first impressions are mostly good. When I played through Jak 2 last year, I thought the game was frustratingly difficult with poor checkpoint system, enemies that eat off so much of your health when you get hit, missions involving vehicles where you can insta-fail and so on. Jak 3 however seems to be more lenient now even though there are still e.g. racing missions. Those still suck, but other than that the game has been a lot more fun to play than Jak 2 and I appreciate how short and sweet a lot of the missions have been so far. If this is how the rest of the game is then I think I'm going to like this one much more than the previous game.

LtSarge

LtSarge

After finishing up the main games I've been playing (Jak 3 and Mafia), I decided to start up some new ones. First one is Little Nightmares on Switch. This game reminds me heavily of LittleBigPlanet on PS Vita as well as Escape Plan (gold star to anyone who remembers that game!) and it's not a surprise since the developer Tarsier Studios worked on LBP Vita. So far I'm very intrigued by the game, it's like a 3D platformer with horror elements and it's honestly very cool. It feels great to play it on the Switch as well!

Second one I started up is Wolfenstein II on PS4. I think it's been 4-5 years since I played The New Order and I've been in the mood to play an FPS so I decided to give it a shot. Played for about an hour and this game is absolutely phenomenal! Love the variety in gunplay as well as the mix between firefights and (optional) stealth sections. The story has made a strong impression on me already, General Engel is absolutely crazy in this one lol. I genuinely can't wait to play more of this game!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Link41x

Started on another Star Fox 64 playthrough with the kids on the N64. We take turns on each level except for Venom, they always make me play Venom

PSN ID: Linkx41

Xbox Gamertag: Linkx41

dAvecaster

@Link41x I used to play this with my son. We'd take turns trying to beat the high score. He beat me often as he could do those warp short cuts (can't remember which level). There's such a lot of hidden depth to that game!
Have fun!

dAvecaster

LtSarge

Been watching a streamer revisit the original Resident Evil 2 on PS1 these past few days and that has encouraged me to continue playing the original Resident Evil 3 on my Vita. Made a decent amount of progress today and the game is definitely much more enjoyable now.

First of all, I just have to say that this game is way more intense and thus scarier than RE2 thanks to Nemesis. Like this guy is everywhere! Compared to RE2 where Mr. X doesn't show up until scenario B and only shows up in a few areas. Nemesis literally shows up every time I enter a new place, lol. Weird how I'm finding this game scarier considering I remember people saying that RE3 is more action-oriented than previous RE games. Which is not entirely true unless you're playing on Easy mode, which lets you start off with a bunch of weapons right off the bat. Then yeah, the game is definitely more action-oriented. However, I'm playing on Hard mode (which is basically the Normal mode of past RE games) and the difficulty feels exactly right for a classic RE game. So in all honesty, RE3 doesn't feel significantly different compared to previous entries unless you're playing on Easy.

Second, I'm absolutely loving the level design right now. The fact that you're supposed to go through so many different areas, then receive one major task at the end and then revisit all these areas makes this game truly feel like a Metroidvania title and I love that. Also, you get an inventory upgrade fairly early, which lets you carry 10 items in total, which is awesome! Moreover, I'm digging the crafting mechanic a lot. I've been saving my gun powder for better ammo, e.g. grenade ammo, but the fact that you're able to increase the amount of ammo you craft each time you craft a certain ammo type just incentivises me to not hoard my gun powder and start using it more. It's honestly a great feeling, I love it when games add a mechanic where you'll see improvements in things the more you use them. It's like the weapons in the Ratchet & Clank games, I just love that sort of thing in video games.

So yeah, I'm really enjoying this game now whereas before I felt a bit unmotivated because the game was too open. But now that I've grasped the map it feels more enjoyable to play again.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Started up Remember Me on PS3 today. For some reason I've had the largest urge to check out this game from my backlog since I knew next to nothing about it. I've played through the first two episodes now and this game is great! The gameplay is a mix between Batman Arkham combat and Uncharted platforming/traversal, which is awesome. Not only that but I found out that Dontnod developed this game, which is insane to me. The same people who developed Life is Strange and Tell Me Why have developed a game of this scale. Which begs to question why they haven't made more games like this since they are apparently a rather ambitious developer.

The concept of memories is also very interesting. The game takes place in 2084 Paris where humans have started harvesting memories from people rebelling against the government that they then sell to others. Memories are essentially a drug now where you want to be injected with good memories in order to get a high. I find this premise to be very fascinating and later on in the game, you can even enter others' memories and "remix" them in order to make the individuals less hostile towards you. All of this honestly doesn't surprise me because Dontnod is the developer and anyone who's played Life is Strange and Tell Me Why will know that those games have rather interesting concepts as well.

It's sad that we don't get a lot of new IPs with unique AAA experiences nowadays but that's what makes me appreciate Remember Me even more. It's a really cool game so far and I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of the story.

LtSarge

Jabrail222

Right now I'm playing Overwatch. I love this game. I've been playing it for three years now. Reached the maximum level. But I have a couple of questions. Are there any sites to recruit players . Heard only about overboost.pro . Because when I played there were guys with max levels. But they didn't really know how to play.

Edited on by Jabrail222

Jabrail222

DominoHurley

Daughter and I just started Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch). We've been holding off...thought it would be fun to play it in October/Halloween. Found Killzone 2 (PS3) for a dollar. Had to put it in make sure the disc works and well, you know how that goes! It's pretty clunky but I dig the atmosphere and slower pace.

DominoHurley

LtSarge

Started playing No More Heroes 1 on Wii today. The game looks so bad when you play it on the Wii U due to the HD resolution, so I looked up some potential solutions and apparently it will look better if you just lower the system's resolution to 480p. And sure enough, the game looks way better! Didn't know the solution would be that simple. I also tried playing other games from my Wii backlog such as Resident Evil 4 and Okami and they both look way better compared to before when I tried to play them in HD. So now I feel more motivated to go through my Wii backlog!

On top of this, I can still play Virtual Console games on my Wii U Gamepad in HD because the TV resolution settings are different from the resolution on the Gamepad, which is seemingly always in HD. So I don't need to constantly switch between SD and HD every time I want to play anything other than a Wii title, which is so nice.

Edit: I wrote so much about resolution that I forgot to talk about the actual game, lol. So I've beaten the first two bosses of No More Heroes 1 and so far, the combat is really fun. I also think it's cool to play an open world game on the Wii considering the system's limitations and do different quests in between the story-related ones. Definitely enjoying it a lot more compared to when I played it over 10 years ago (only got maybe a couple of hours into it before I dropped it).

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

Been playing Diablo 3 the past couple of days on PS4 and the game is strangely addicting. The gameplay is very repetitive, it's basically a button masher sprinkled with some special moves here and there, but for some reason I like it. The dungeons are repetitive as well, but what makes this game so addicting is the progression. You're constantly finding new equipment and unlocking useful abilities that it keeps a good flow. I mean, at first you only have your main attack and one special move, but you'll unlock new kinds of moves that are mapped to other buttons and all of a sudden, the gameplay becomes more in-depth. Although I do have to say that I'm finding it a bit on the easy side now since I have equipment that gives me health regeneration. In other words, it's very hard to die in this game. But I'm sure it'll get more challenging down the line and I can't wait to play more of it.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Yeah, Diablo games can be a bit repetitive, but they are so well done that it doesn't matter really.

I still have to play Diablo 3, but that's beside the point.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic