Forums

Topic: What (Non-Xbox) Game Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 201 to 209 of 209

Banjo-

@Tasuki I think I'm going to play The Legend of Zelda and The Legend of Zelda II someday, somewhere with save states. I have them on the Gamecube collection and on Nintendo 3DS but I have never played them.

Banjo-

Tasuki

@Banjo- I believe they are also on the Switch Online service as well. If you have never played them, you definitely have to play them once. Then you will see that BotW's gameplay makes sense.

I will be honest, ALttP is my favorite Zelda game and I often replay it Zelda and Zelda II not so much. And that is mainly due to the story.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Banjo-

@Tasuki I have a Switch but not subscribed to Nintendo Online. I think I'll play them on 3DS. It's hard to tell you which one is my favourite but I know that Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are the three best games that Nintendo has ever made (IMO). Although Majora's Mask is tricky, it managed to create a dynamic world like no other game before. Ocarina of Time has a perfectly round story and satisfying gameplay and Twilight Princess (HD) is big, beautiful and full of awesome dungeons.

Banjo-

XandertheWise

games im playing the rest of this year during the fall and winter season

trying to finish up on Assassins Creed Brotherhood for my Playstation 3. Still have that tail end part of the game where I have to use a smoke bomb or whatever to get away from a gazillion psycho soldiers chasing after you

replaying Mortal Kombat 9
replaying Injustice Gods Among Us
getting back into Tales of Symphonia Chronicles mostly to play Chronicles 2 but also to breeze through Tales of Symphonia 1 from time to time

try to get back into Final Fantasy XIII. still have that one plant boss monster to fight but its not easy in my opinion due to only two characters during that segment

and bunch of games for my Nintendo Switch Lite both physical and digital

XandertheWise

Tasuki

Since I got my Super NT from Analogue I have been going back through my SNES collection. I just started a season on Ken Griffry Jr. on SNES. Still a real solid game.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Started up World of Warcraft Lich King Classic with my son. Currently he's playing a Blood Elf Affliction Warlock and I am doing a Troll Elemental Shaman.

He was too young when I use to play WoW back in the day and by the time he got old enough to grasp it I stopped playing. Since we got new PCs for Black Friday I decided to go back to WoW via Classic, I won't touch retail since it's been years since I played and have no idea what's going on story wise. He decided to get a sub as well and join in so we play a few hours a day together.

My Backlog

RR529

Mario VS Donkey Kong (Switch) - There's actually a lot more to this than I thought there'd be (& I'm not talking about the two new worlds). The NG+ versions of each world's levels are 100% distinct from the first run (completely new layouts with a new type of completion goal) instead of just being remixes with a few new hazards, so it really feels like it doubles the length of the game in terms of unique content (the boss levels seem to be the only ones that are just the same thing over again, just harder). Plus there are sets of expert levels that you unlock by completing a certain number of regular (& NG+) levels with perfect rankings. I have played the original on 3DS (it was one of the "Ambassador" games), but I don't remember it being so feature rich. Quite enjoying it.

Granblue Fantasy Relink (PS5) - Having a really solid time with this as well. The main story mode really didn't hit any new beats in terms of JRPG narrative & tropes, but it's executed immaculately (it feels like a much higher budget game than it probably is) and does a lot of things to mix up gameplay variety (battles that take place on the deck of your airship let you man the cannons & pick off enemies before they board, there's a boss battle that calls to mind the kind of scale you'd expect to see in Shadow of the Colossus, and even a boss fight akin to the Eikon fights in FFXIV), you can't wait to see what's going to happen next. Post game is very grindy (95% of it seems to consist of harder versions of boss fights, & you'll probably have/want to replay certain fights multiple times to get the upgrade materials needed to stay competitive as the recommended power level starts to shoot up dramatically once you hit extreme rank quests), but there are a few storyline loose ends that promise to be followed up on if you get so far into post game so I'm going to try & stick to it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Mario VS Donkey Kong (Switch) - Just finished this up over the weekend (I did everything except the final EX mission because I'm not going to perfect rank all the boss missions to unlock it, especially the BS ice world boss fights). Not GotY material or anything, but honestly a really solid release (and it does get pretty tough in spots, especially the EX missions).

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PS5) - Just started it over the weekend, but have been enjoying it so far. The Grasslands have opened up for me and it's really enjoyable exploring on Chocobo back to check out all the points of interest.

Powerwash Simulator (PC Game Pass) - Been playing this off & on since the holidays (in-between Switch releases), and I'm honestly surprised at how much content this has. I've only tackled the main campaign so far and yet after all this time I think I'm only a little over halfway through (currently in the middle of cleaning a Carousel). Haven't even started on the bonus jobs, let alone all the DLC it seems to get regularly. It's a pretty relaxing time, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Pastellioli

Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) - I don’t really know if it would count since it’s a mobile game, but it’s my most played game on a non-Xbox console. It’s a rhythm game I’ve sunk a lot of time into but I play it inconsistently, so I’ve gotten slightly worse at it. It’s pretty good IMHO, but it can be hard to play, as gameplay is focused on timing, has terrible lagging (especially when a 3D music video plays in the background of the gameplay, but I can remember it happening at random intervals without anything playing in the background) and a gacha system that unsurprisingly acts extremely unfair and chooses to be nice when it feels like it; luckily you can play the game without using the gacha. I’ve avoided spending actual money on it, since it wouldn’t be worth anything or affect me positively in any way.

Colorful Stage! is a separate localization of a Japanese-language game that was around for a year and a few months (around the release of the English version), so it’s a year behind the original when it comes to newer content, and man is the English team slow at adding the Japanese-only content into the localization, not to mention they cut a story event and some content related to it from the game for reasons I probably shouldn’t give here since it might make this forum go off-topic, but I can remember people got livid over it. If I ever buy a second phone I’m just going to use it to play the Japanese version.

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic