Forums

Topic: Last Game You Got?

Posts 141 to 160 of 197

dmcc0

Added Monster Hunter Stories on 3DS to my backlog recently! Always wanted to try the Monster Hunter main series, but the awful demo of Generations on Switch put me off (I realise Stories is nothing like the main games). World is supposed to be a bit more accessible for the newbie so will maybe give that a go while it's on Game Pass

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

urrutiap

I have a $25 Vanilla gift card to use. Thinking about getting Resident Evil 3 Remake thats on sale on the X Box Live store or get Persona 5 from the Playstation 3 PSN store

urrutiap

LtSarge

Just ordered Metro Redux and Dead Island Definitive Collection on PS4 for roughly €34 in total. Been eyeing these for quite some time now and since I found myself in a buying mood now I decided to finally purchase them. I've always been interested in the Metro series and from what I've seen the best way to experience the first two games is through the Redux versions. I already have Metro Exodus, so I'm stoked to finally experience this entire series! The Dead Island series is another I've been wanting to check out and I feel like it's largely forgotten now since it hasn't had a new entry for years now. From the footage that I've seen, it's basically Borderlands meets zombies and melee weapons and it looks like tons of fun to play. So I'm glad that I managed to snag a copy that contains the first two games in the series.

All in all, I think this was a great purchase considering I got four games for around €34, basically €8 each, which is a steal! It's crazy what great deals you can still find on last-gen systems these days.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

TheFrenchiestFry

I picked up Thumper from the PlayStation Play at Home event they're having, especially since I just recently got my PS5 and found it as a good way to expand my library beyond the PS4 stuff I already have

I'm holding off on buying any PS5 specific stuff like Demon's Souls and Spider-Man until my uni stuff is done

TheFrenchiestFry

TheGrizMan

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered for Series X and Wipeout Collection for PS5.

TheGrizMan

LtSarge

Just ordered Crash Team Racing on PS4. I've been waiting for this game to fall in price ever since it came out almost two years ago now and not a single time has any online retailers discounted it. It's always been €35 for a physical copy, while the PS Store constantly has it discounted to €15, which is just so asinine. So today I saw that a store got a used copy of the game on sale for only €20 and I finally decided to buy it. There's just no point in waiting anymore, this game is never going to get a lowered price point lol.

With that said, I'm looking forward to giving this a go!

LtSarge

urrutiap

Bought myself a Playstation 4 console from the Walmart store hours ago earlier today. Even had to buy a game to go with it to start out with. the new God of War.

Funny thing is that God of War Chains of Olympus was my very first PSP game when I bought my PSP back in 2008

urrutiap

ralphdibny

Ahh bloody hell. Thought I'd buy Homefront The Revolution for a fiver because it included Timesplitters 2. Then I thought I'd peruse the rest of the Easter sale and just add things I had on the back burner to my cart and see if it went over the £35 for that rewards Punch card. My total came to £35.04 so I guess I had to go for it 😅

I got Homefront The Revolution, some castlevania games (I had 2 sequels from GwG so I thought I'd pick up the rest), Serious Sam Collection and the Metro 2033/Last Light Bundle

I do wonder if sales for Homefront have shot up over the last couple of days 😂

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Interesting to see if your Punch Card completes; the small print says 360 games don't count towards the £35.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 hmm interesting, can't believe I missed that as I normally read the small print on things!

But yeah it worked ok, punch card completed. 5K points added which brings me up to a total of something like 56k points.

I know I could have just used my points to buy the games but I feel like I can better justify using them against a series X when I've saved up enough 😅

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Wow. I definitely don't have the willpower to save points for actual hardware! They get converted as soon as they hit that threshold for the £5 credit 😂

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 haha fair enough, I think I wouldn't be as motivated to do all the quests for a fiver every now and then, as has been the case all through 2020 (a real shame because I'd be more than a quarter of the way there already!) It's only the goal of an accessible next gen that has got me doing the tasks every day! I made a mistake too earlier, I actually have 54K points not 56

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

Well I just got done with a shopping spree. I just bought Inside on Switch, GTA: Chinatown Wars and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 1 on Vita, GTA San Andreas on OG Xbox, GTA Episodes from Liberty City on 360, and finally Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion on PS4.

Bought Inside because it was on sale and I've heard so many great things about the game. Further, I've been playing GTA III so much that I've wanted to buy the rest of the games that I still don't have. Wasn't planning on getting Chinatown Wars since it's top-down GTA, but apparently it's really good and it takes place in the universe of GTA IV, which is my favourite GTA. I also haven't played San Andreas and it's considered one of the greatest GTA games so I just have to get a physical copy. Moreover, I never played through The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC of GTA IV and so I decided to buy the Episodes from Liberty City collection in order to finally experience that DLC. I'm also really excited to get back to the world of GTA IV.

I bought the first Persona game simply because I have a guilty pleasure for old school JRPGs. I enjoyed playing games like the first Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Pokémon games, so I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the first Persona even though it will be nowhere near as good as the later Persona games. Finally, I've been craving Ubisoft games lately and both Valhalla as well as Legion were on sale for €30 each so I decided to finally buy them. I'm going to buy them anyway so I might as well do it now that I'm in the mood to play them. I haven't played a Watch Dogs game since Watch Dogs 2 probably 2-3 years ago so I'm very excited to play another entry.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge it's funny, my favourite GTA game is actually GTA2. I used to play the top down games loads as a kid (GTA, London and GTA2). I didn't have a PS2 when it was out so never played much of that trilogy. I have 4 and 5 but never beat them, but yeah could never really get into the 3D ones! As sacrilegious as that sounds! The only 3D GTA style game I ever beat was the first Red Dead Redemption (well the second Red Dead game if you include Revolver)

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny The 3D ones are so good! I can imagine the early GTA titles were very fun to play since there weren't many like those back then. Today there are just so many games similar to GTA that people don't find the 3D ones to be all that unique. I mean, I barely hear people talk about GTA 5 nowadays even though the game is absolutely phenomenal. But yeah, it's just so much fun driving around, shooting and blowing up stuff. It's very cathartic.

If you have a Vita, you could always check out Chinatown Wars. Who knows, maybe that will be the game that draws you back into the GTA series. And considering the map is the same as the one in GTA 4, maybe you'll find it compelling to play that game next. I personally loved GTA 4 due to the story and the characters. A lot of people don't like the realism of the game though, e.g. the driving is incredibly slow and not as sharp as other games in the series, there is a lot of ragdoll physics and so on.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge they were good, especially for a eight year old me who was laughing at all the childish adult humour in the game!

I did like 4 and 5, just never got around to finishing them. I would like to revisit the early 3D ones but they are such big games that I'd struggle to find the time to play them to be honest. I do have them all, I normally bought the PC versions only to find my pc wouldn't run it 😅.

I might get around to the DS version of Chinatown wars one day. Not sure what's better but I seem to remember it making use of the touchscreen when it came out

See ya!

LtSarge

Just ordered Ys IX on PS4. Have to be honest, I wasn't planning on buying this game anytime soon since I tend to wait for newly released games to go down in price before I buy them. However, it didn't seem like that was going to be the case for Ys IX, for two reasons. One is obviously because it's a JRPG and these don't sell as well here in the West as in Japan, which means that a price decrease isn't that likely to happen. Not to mention that it's a Falcom game and these are pretty much the most overlooked JRPGs of them all. The second reason is most likely because it arrived at the end of PS4's life cycle. While I don't know what kind of business models companies use, you'd think that they produce more copies of a game if it's released early or in the middle of a generation. In the case of Ys IX, it literally came out after the PS5 and so it doesn't feel like they were going to produce a lot of copies. Even though the game came out just a couple of months ago, I haven't seen a single store in Sweden have this game in stock. Until today that is, which is why I decided to order a copy simply because I would've otherwise not been able to buy and play this game.

Might have to do so for Persona 5 Strikers and NieR: Replicant soon as well because they aren't that widely available either. Thankfully, the Persona and NieR series are more popular than Ys so I can expect them to be on sale for some time to come at the very least.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

Golden Week sale is on right now on the PS Store and so I decided to pick up some games, mostly Japanese titles, that have been on my wish list for a couple of years now. I got Akiba's Trip, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter Last Answer and Virginia. I've been craving Japanese games recently or simply games that take place in Japan in general. Akiba's Trip reminds me of Yakuza in terms of the gameplay and that you can explore a town in Japan. It just looks like a fun game to play through. Steins;Gate 0 I got primarily because the price was so low (€5) and I have the first game ready to play on my Vita. I need more visual novels in my backlog so I thought this would be a good addition. Same with Root Letter Last Answer as it looks like another cozy game to play that has a Japanese high school setting. Finally, I got Virginia since I've heard it's an interesting experience and it was only €2.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

dmcc0

Seems the Golden Week sales are across most platforms; picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux and Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth on 3DS for around £16 total. Never played any of either series, but can't really go wrong at that price.

Edit: Not sure if this was actually a Golden Week sale, or just happened to be on sale in Golden Week - just happened to browse the store and came across them.

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

LtSarge

@dmcc0 Oh I had completely forgotten about the 3DS! I looked up deals on all platforms except that one, good thing your post reminded me! Saw that Stella Glow is €10 on 3DS so I might pick that one up.

As for Persona Q, I played through it last year and honestly, it's a decent game. However, the dungeons can get repetitive and the game does get increasingly difficulty towards the later half. The final boss was such a pain, I was so relieved when I finally beat him, lol.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic