Forums

Topic: Last Game You Got?

Posts 161 to 180 of 197

LtSarge

Just bought Sackboy: A Big Adventure on PS4 and Corpse Party: Blood Drive on Switch. Saw a used copy of Sackboy go for €25 so I decided to order it. Looks like a really fun 3D platformer and I definitely want to play more of those on my PS4. Also got Corpse Party since it was on sale for roughly €10. I haven't played a game from this series but I already own the remake of the first game on 3DS and Book of Shadows on Vita, so I thought I'd might as well get the third game on Switch too.

LtSarge

Magonigal

Last game i bought on Xbox Series S was A Way Out for £5 to play with my brother over the internet. Will wait for a sale on It Takes Two, which looks amazing, to play with my niece

Magonigal

LtSarge

Just ordered Control: Ultimate Edition on PS4. This is one game I was hoping would go down in price after some time but apparently very few online retailers are selling this version and the major one that I usually order games from didn't even have the game in stock for months now. So today I saw it in stock and decided to order it since I doubt it will be available for sale much longer. The publisher is probably just focusing on the next-gen versions so the PS4 version is definitely going to be phased out soon, so I might as well get it now while I can. Anyway, really looking forward to playing this game and I'm glad that I waited for the Ultimate Edition considering the game had a lot of technical issues when it first came out.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Also ordered Max Payne 2 on the original Xbox. So I've been wanting to buy this game for years now and it finally arrived in stock today! I think it must've been 2-3 years since I finished the first Max Payne and I've had phases where I really wanted to get it, then when a copy got in stock I didn't feel like buying it, and now I've been really wanting it again lol. I played the first Max Payne and I own a copy of the third one, but the second game has always managed to evade me for some reason. It's not even available digitally on most platforms, I think e.g. PS4 only has the first Max Payne. So I'm glad that I finally managed to snag a copy, on top of it being very cheap (only €10!). Can't wait to finally experience the rest of this series.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Magonigal

Just got It Takes Two and looking forward to playing with my niece. I watched a lets play on Eurogamer and the gameplay looked fantastic

Magonigal

crippyd

Picked up Civ 6 in the sale for £11.24 and as a bonus to me I had £4 left on my account from something else so it only cost £7. Happy days.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

dmcc0

Some more added to the Switch Backlog....XCom 2, Namco Museum, Lumines Remastered, and Dimension Drive. With the help of eshop sales and hopping between different regions, picked up all 4 for less than £20.

dmcc0

LtSarge

Just ordered Crash Bandicoot 4 on PS4. Decided to buy the game used since these games never go down in price and a second-hand copy costs pretty much half the retail price (roughly €30) so I figured I might as well buy a copy now that they're in stock. I'm actually quite excited to play this game because I absolutely loved the N-Sane trilogy. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a great game.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just bought Stella Glow on 3DS for €5. I've been keeping a watch on 3DS sales from time to time and I've really wanted to buy more Atlus games. Stella Glow among others seem to always go on sale and at first it was around €13, then €7 and now it's €5 so I finally decided to buy it, lol. I just saw that an online store got a physical copy of the game and is selling it for €65! Absolutely insane, I'm really glad Atlus is still having these 3DS sales.

LtSarge

dmcc0

@LtSarge I noticed Stella Glow last night and also there were a few SMT and Etrian Odyssey games on sale too for under £5. Not played either series, but seem to be pretty popular so can't really go wrong at that price. Just wish you could pay with a card/paypal - it's a bit of a pain having to go though a website to add funds at specific amounts rather than just paying direct through the eshop.

dmcc0

LtSarge

@dmcc0 I agree, but sadly 3DS and Wii U as well are on their way out so soon we probably won't be able to even buy games on the eShops anymore. So I personally don't mind it as long as we get to buy games a while longer.

I bought Stella Glow because I've heard that it's a great Fire Emblem clone. So if you like that series as well then it probably is worth buying for you too.

I'm just so disappointed that Atlus still hasn't discounted Shin Megami Tensei IV. I've been waiting years for them to discount that game because I bought the sequel, Apocalypse, and I'm interested in giving this series a shot considering SMT V is coming out soon on Switch. At this rate, I don't think they'll ever discount it so maybe I should just give in and buy it at full price. Granted, it's only €20 but considering how often Atlus has sales on 3DS I just feel like they'll eventually put SMT IV on sale too.

LtSarge

Shigurui

I just picked up a copy of Blur for PS3. Only paid £10 for it on Amazon. I was expecting it to be pretty beat up as I could only get a pre-owned copy but it's in absolutely pristine condition. Very happy with it.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Vincent294

@LtSarge SMT IV is worth it for the music alone. Get the CD or pirate it while you're at it, it's one of the best soundtracks I've listened to in years.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

dmcc0

@LtSarge Not played any Fire Emblem, but Stella Glow was on my pick-up-if-it's-on-sale list, so got it along with SMT:DS2 and 3 of the Etrian Odyssey games for about £22 total. At that price I feel like even if 1/5 is decent I'll have got my moneys worth. Although I've probably just added around 200+ hours to my backlog!

Just realised that my 3DS and Switch accounts are linked so I can add funds via the Switch eShop. Slightly less inconvenient than the website as my PayPal is already linked there and I can use the balance on either. Can't believe I've not noticed that before, but in my defence I rarely use the UK eShop on Switch as I have accounts for other regions that are generally cheaper.

dmcc0

LtSarge

@Balta666 Those are some really good RPGs! I haven't played Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey yet but I've heard so much praise for them. I've played maybe 7-8 hours of Jade Empire and thought it was brilliant. Will have to return to it one of these days!

If you play through Jade Empire and want more games like it, then I highly recommend the Mass Effect trilogy. EA released a remastered collection earlier this year which includes all the DLC and it's absolutely worth getting if you're a RPG fan. I'm personally more of a JRPG fan (Persona, Trails of Cold Steel etc.) but Mass Effect won me over by just how much you start caring about the story and characters. It's definitely one of my favourite western RPG series of all time. Truly exceptional!

I haven't played the Witcher series yet but it's worth noting that Witcher 2 is a console exclusive on 360, and that version is backwards compatible on Xbox One/Series X. So the Xbox platform is definitely the best place to start this series if you're playing on consoles as you can play through Witcher 2 and 3 there.

LtSarge

Balta666

@LtSarge thanks for the reply, actually in the last couple of years I played the whole series of mass effect (apart from Andromeda but it is downloaded on Xbox), dragon age and the Witcher (also a huge fan of kotor). I also prefer JRPG but recently I got more in touch with western ones

P.s: I have started jade Empire last night and I am enjoying it so far

Edited on by Balta666

RR529

Building up my Steam library since I recently bought a gaming laptop a few months ago.

Most recently I bought Tales of Arise at launch (currently playing), and have picked up Destroy All Humans! remake, Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal, & Ys: Memories of Celceta in sales the past couple weeks.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LtSarge

Just bought Project Zero 2: Wii Edition and Pandora's Tower on Wii U, and Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS. I've had these games on my watchlist for such a long time but now that the eShops are coming to an end, I finally decided to buy them. Considering it's very hard to find a copy of Project Zero 2, much less a cheap copy, and that a physical copy of Pandora's Tower can go for €50, and I don't think I've ever seen a physical copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV on sale here, it was worth buying each of these games for €20.

Will be making even more purchases on the eShops from here on out. Definitely won't make the same mistake of missing out on a bunch of titles just like I did when Wii Shop Channel closed.

LtSarge

SithItachi

Just preordered the New WWE 2k22. I know i know preordering is bad but i had to get that NWO version. This is the first wrestling game i will be purchasing in such a long long time.

SithItachi

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic