Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 341 to 360 of 564

Banjo-

As Dusk Falls, a gritty look of a story that hooked me. The only thing that I didn't like is the still graphics, it doesn't give anything but takes a lot from the narrative.

Banjo-

Lup

Infernax a few nights ago. Incredible Metroidvania style game. Great visuals, and that old-school feel was amazing. Not as hard as I thought it would be (except for the final "castle" which was freaking hard).
Love all the little secrets it has. And even a morality system to decide which ending you get!
Probably will go back to it for another ending sooner or later but right now my backlog is just too big.
Now I'm gonna jump back to Yakuza 0 which I need to finish once and for all.

Lup

CJD87

@Balta666 I felt largely the same regarding RtMI.... I personally found it a bit too linear, and only really enjoyed Act IV where things opened up a bit more. I must confess I miss the classic '9 verb' interface, and found that a lot of puzzles were solved almost automatically by having less options to choose from.

If you like Point-and-Click - I would highly highly recommend 'Thimbleweed Park', which is the creation of Ron Gilbert (famed for the MI series). Thimbleweed is a real love letter to classic adventure games, and much more challenging (in a good way) vs RtMI. Check it out!

CJD87

RR529

Finished up Samurai Maiden today! I think it's more Ninja Gaiden/DMC with some Warriors elements than a Warriors clone (granted, it's more clunky than NG/DMC would be), and surprisingly challenging as it goes on. I think I may finish maxing out all the girls' affinities as I'm already pretty close to doing so, but I doubt I'm going to try & finish it on the higher difficulties as I think the only real reward will probably be extra concept art, which while neat isn't a huge motivator.

Oh, and for what it's worth it was patched last week (at least on Steam) to remove some of the wonky localization (or "censorship", depending on who you ask). When it launched all instances of "High School" or "High School Girl" were changed to "Gen Z" in the English subtitles which made some dialogue clunky as sometimes she was clearly describing a place (in one egregious instance, an explanation of how modern education goes from Elementary, to Middle, to High School, and University was changed to describing the differences between Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, & Boomers), however all High School references have been restored.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Lup

The new Saints Row. And to be honest... It was fun. Not great. Not as good as the true Saints Row games... But yeah, it was fun. I was laughing out loud a few times (and cringing at the dialogue others) but overall it was a fun experience.

Lup

Balta666

Chained Echoes which I found alright but as the game does not have grind all battles are challenging which after some time it is just boring (in the last third I lowered the difficulty as I just wanted to see the story to the end). Storywise it definitely has some surprises but I have to say it has too many lol and can't say I was that satisfied with the ending.

Also finished God of War (1) for the first time as I managed to build a good setup with a tube TV in my office and will be playing a few PS2 and gamecube I missed over the years of playing exclusively on PC. The next in line is Shadow of the Colossus!

Edited on by Balta666

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 playing chained echoes as we speak. Only a few hrs in, but enjoying it thus far. One thing I do love is how fast the characters move..makes for exploring much quicker.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

voxshrapnel

I recently beat Crisis Core Reunion, having never played the original on the PSP. To be honest, I bought it hoping that it'd get me in the zone before we got an announcement about FF7 Remake coming to Xbox but alas, not the case (I'll probably just get it on Steam).

The core combat of the game was pretty fun and Zack was a likeable protagonist, but I was ultimately nonplussed by the experience. I found the story to be incredibly naff and Genesis to be a total wet fart of a villain – about 80% of his dialogue is quite literally quoting from an unfinished play. My man needs to read another book. You also have to grind a hell of a lot if you're after the achievements – and I just couldn't be bothered to rinse through all the 2 minute hallway combat encounters to get them.

It's a great-looking game in places and the ending still rules, but I'd wait for sale if you're interested in it. Zack also pops up in the trailer for FF7 Rebirth so I'm a bit worried they're going to bring Genesis and his mopey poetry back...

Last night I finished the final mission in Marvel's Midnight Suns, and that game surprised the hell out of me. I never quite clicked with XCOM 2 and I'm not invested in the MCU in the slightest – yet I still loved my time with the game.

The character writing is a bit irritating and I don't know why everyone talks like they're composing a Tweet, but I did end up warming to the cast by the end. I think I'm just a sucker for Three Houses-esque relationship-building and how that feeds back into the core gameplay loop.

And what a loop! I love games like Slay the Spire so the deck-building element was really addictive, and there's a proper rush when you're in a tight spot and you end up drawing the ideal hand and mowing down a wave of villains. The time really melted away as I played and I can see myself firing up NG+ in the future. I think it's already on sale so I'd happily recommend it to anyone who's interested – and if you're turned off by doing yoga with Blade you can always skip through the dialogue and simply enjoy the stat boosts.

Hope everyone's doing well, ta.

Gamertag: voxshrapnel

Lup

Echo Generation.

Really, really liked it. It's a little grindy (it's a turn-based RPG) and a little simple but I loved the atmosphere, the humour, the creepy parts. Really enjoyed it.

Lup

DoeNutz

Death Stranding. One of the longest (and most awesome) endings ever.

DoeNutz

DoeNutz

@Balta666 Haha yep, this game has so much to explain that the incredibly long ending is actually justified. Can’t wait for the sequel.

DoeNutz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic