Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 241 to 260 of 575

Balta666

Just finished dark souls and I can easily say I am a souls fan! I had played code vein before and already clicked with me but was allways thinking maybe DS would be too cluncky. It was not easy and after 15h I was still in the early areas but at some point it just clicked. Can't say I enjoy the bosses that much but conquering the areas itself is just fantastic. Unfortunatelly I did not realize beating the game would start new game plus straight way so I skiped all DLC content (not going for either ng+ or start from scratch just for the dlc though... Maybe some other day). Next ds2... But after a little while

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy did you see the man city game? That last 5 minutes ROFL 😂. Grealish getting his hair pulled, Sterling getting butted.

We can have a game on Friday night if you want? Or Saturday if that's easier. Just whenever really. It's called Spartan Ops.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I only saw a bit of the MC game as I was more interested in the other match. Its typical of Atletico Madrid - especially if the scoreline is very close. As a Liverpool fan, we have played them quite a few times in recent years - targetting players on yellows to try and get them sent off with their acting skills, off-the-ball incidents - everything underhanded to get a result - often at the expense of actually 'playing' football to get the result...

Shoot me a message in advance as to when you are planning to be on. If you send on Xbox, I get the message quickly on my phone/PC.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

LtSarge

Just finished Assassin's Creed: Origins on PS4 after 53 hours of playtime and it was an absolutely phenomenal game. I did pretty much everything in the game, such as doing all the question marks on the map, uncovering all areas, doing most of the side quests and so on. It's actually a much shorter game than I thought considering I did almost everything and yet it only took a little over 50 hours, while it took me over 80 hours to do most things in Odyssey and even then there were so many things I could've also done. In fact, if you just go through the story then it's a fairly short experience. You still have to do things like completing side quests, outposts and so on in order to level up accordingly with the story missions but I guess you could finish the game in 20-30 hours, which is very short for the open world type of AC game.

The story is honestly not that long and I was surprised to see that I had only uncovered half of the map when I was done with it. It's kinda misleading actually, most of the areas in the game are just desert areas with nothing to do in them. Anyway, I thought the game was more like a typical Assassin's Creed experience than Odyssey. I mean, it is called "Origins" so naturally they would explain how the Creed came to be. Odyssey takes place before Origins which is why it doesn't feel as much as an AC experience. But at least Origins had all the things that characterises an AC game, such as hidden blade, a group of assassins, the assassin hood, templars and of course a strong emphasis on stealth and assassinating targets. Not to mention the supernatural element which is present in all AC titles. So in one way, Origins is very much an unmitigated AC experience.

That said, the gameplay can feel a bit repetitive with too much familiar content and not enough variety. Sadly, the story missions don't feel any different than the side quests and while these things didn't bother me personally since I love Ubisoft games, a lot of people would probably get sick of them very fast. One difference I noticed between Origins and Odyssey is that enemies don't actually scale with you as you level up in Origins. So for instance, you could go to an area where enemies are around your level, and in another they are much stronger than you. This was never the case in Odyssey and I understand now why people didn't like Origins as much because you are basically "forced" to do side content in order to level up and keep up with the story. However, I do feel like this is something that's common with all RPGs so I don't really see it as an issue other than it restricts the open world aspect. It's not like you can play through the game again and have a different experience by taking other paths, because you have to follow a certain path so that you can level up properly. Odyssey on the other hand lets you go wherever you want right from the start because enemy levels scale with you so it promoted more freedom. Anyway, point is that I was not bothered by the structure of Origins as I still enjoyed the game a lot.

It's definitely nice to have finished this game now as it was one of those that I played for around 20 hours and lost my save file for years ago. Absolutely phenomenal experience and I highly recommend it to people who know what they're getting into based on my aforementioned impressions. I still have the two fairly meaty expansions left to do but I might do them later on as I take a break from the game for now.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

I just finished up AI Somnium and man that was a fun game. Fantastic story and could never go be wrong with crude humor here n there. Never played a game like it but I've heard that Danganronpa is supposedly similar so I'll give that a go at some point. I played 95% of this on xcloud as well and it works great with the touch controls as well if you don't have a controller. Highly recommended it.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

BAMozzy

@LtSarge I really enjoyed Origins and I too 100% completed the game. I found it 'easier' to clear an area of the map before moving on the story to a new area - that way, I got a 'mix' of activities and narrative content and was always above level too- rather than play through the story and then go back to those areas to clear afterwards. In some areas, I would endeavour to do ALL the side quests/?'s in that region 'first' - before moving the story forward. Perhaps that's why I preferred this to Odyssey which had so much 'busy' work and you could easily end up with 4 'elites' at much higher power level 'interfering' with your plans/enjoyment. I never completed Odyssey, but I completed Origins and the DLC extra content to 100% completion. Valhalla and its DLC too and I played that in a very similar way to Origins (ie completing every district as I moved through each. Its interesting that Odyssey was made by a different Ubisoft team to Origins and the team that made Origins, made Valhalla.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

LtSarge

@BAMozzy Yeah, I think Origins' structure still resonates with a lot of people who just want to do everything in one area before moving on. Because that's almost how I've been playing it as well, it's just addicting to do everything even if it feels a bit pointless once you get towards the end of the game and you're at a high level as well as have tons of resources.

It's interesting that Odyssey was made by a different team. Even though both games are very similar in terms of being open world and such, the way you're allowed to explore the world is different in both games. So it's going to be interesting playing through Valhalla and see how much that game differs to Origins or even Odyssey.

I've actually started up The Hidden Ones DLC today as I just can't stop playing this game and I'm almost done with it. It's not that long but at least the next one will be much longer. It doesn't have a lot of story either, which is a shame, but the outposts are absolutely massive and challenging, which is nice.

LtSarge

Balta666

Finished mafia definitive edition this weekend and altough the fresh coat of paint is nice to see I felt the game way buggier and the direction decisions to be a bit odd as there was nothing wrong with the OG ones. On top of that the game is a fair ammount shorter now and they completly removed free ride Extreme and instead they make you repeat missions to find the collectibles you missed. If I have not paid only 18€ for it i would be really disapointed...

Lavalera

@Balta666 I never played the Mafia games and the trilogy was on my maybe to buy 1 day list (since my backlog is already huge) but this doesnt make me any closer to buy the trilogy lol

PSNid: Lavalera

Lavalera

@Balta666 thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye on the sale of it then. It still is like €30 when on sale and waiting for it to drop lower to put it in my backlog

Balta666

Finished the main story of Dark souls 2 much quicker than I was expecting as shrine of amala was a drag but everything after was fairly straightforward and not that hard (kind helps that I finish it around level 170 I guess...).

I really enjoyed the game altough not as much as the first one mainly due to the lack of a proper world and its length. Gameplay is fine after a while as the chip adapts to its specifics. Everyone complains about adaptability but I felt much more the division of vitality, vigor and endurance as I had to out a lot of levels at first into my wheight capacity to have a build I was happy with and only from half way point I managed to get a halberds on my hands (my favourite type of weapon from the series) as it is very heavy in comparison with the first.

For now i am not going to continue with dlc/ng+ but I will start 3 soon.

dmcc0

'Finished' Assassins Creed Odyssey - or at least the main 'Odyssey' quest lines. Think I may have bought the Deluxe edition or something though as some DLC seems to be available now! Ended up at Level 60 and around 150 hours playtime, but I'll likely play the DLC at some point too.

My first AC game since I got a bit burned out after playing the Ezio Trilogy back-to-back on PS3 and I have to say, I loved it - there's something so satisfying about taking out a fort full of enemies without being seen, and 'Sparta Kicking' a soldier off the top of a tower never gets old either 😂

I probably spent 3x more time on this that I really needed to because uncovering every '?' and synchronisation point on the map became a bit of an addiction - to the point where I'd sometimes play for days without progressing the story at all because I'd be clearing out camps, caves, forts, doing side missions etc and ignoring the story quests. I still didn't uncover them all though.

Even though the enemy camp layouts did get repetitive pretty quickly there was just enough variety in the way you could tackle them that it never got boring. The Conquest Battles - just 2 groups of soldiers going at each other in a field - and the battles at sea provided a bit of variety to the main stealth/assassination gameplay too and were pretty enjoyable overall.

Got a few other AC games in the backlog, and definitely looking forward to playing those, but will likely have a break and play something else first - don't want to risk more series burnout if I play them all in quick succession.

dmcc0

Lavalera

@dmcc0 Especially if you want to play Origins or Valhalla, it's better to wait in my opinion. I love those big open world games, but after playing Valhalla and Odyssey back to back i was happy to take a break from AC for a bit. I tried a bit of origins but basically delayed that with a few months to also try and play that

dmcc0

@Lavalera Yeah, I've got Black Flag, Unity and Origins in the backlog and Valhalla on the wish list too, but plenty more in the backlog that I can be getting on with in the meantime.

dmcc0

Shigurui

Most recent completions have been Cyberpunk 2077 (100%), AC Odyssey (main game 100%) and Vanquish Remastered. Taking a break from Odyssey before I jump into the DLC but I already know I won't be getting 100% on Vanquish. Tactical Challenge 6 broke me on 360 so I won't even attempt it.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Chaudy

Recently finished Gears 5, in my opinion it's the best game in the franchise and easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Before that I finished Life is Strange True Colors and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. GotG was epic and True Colors was a decent game.

Chaudy

stefan771

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

stefan771

Kraven

The last game I have beat is Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands on the PS5. I’m now making my way through Spec Ops: The Line via backwards compatibility and it’s fantastic. I’ve heard people complain about the gunplay and how it’s generic, but it doesn’t seem that way to me. I feel like it’s solid and has some unique elements to it - such as using the sandstorms to your advantage and shooting glass ceilings and walls to have sand kill the enemies.

Kraven

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic