The reviews are all really good, but I'll wait until MS releases another banner to get gamepass for a month and play it. I'm glad the franchise is on track, I had lots of fun with coop in a couple of past entries, it's one of the few FPS I really enjoy
There is so much I can't understand regarding this move. I understand Sony wanting more exclusives, but we've seen with Death Stranding 2 that Kojima games being exclusives is not enough for the budget they take. Isn't it better to release it multiplataform than just lose money and not release at all?
Then Xbox picks up a very expensive project when they've been shutting down studios and firing people for the last few years. If the plan is to make it an Xbox exclusive, there is no way it's even gonna break even. For a company that's been so focused on controlling costs, justify this funding is very out of character. And if it's not exclusive, they're basically funding a game for Playstation.
And finally, Kojima. The guy is a genius, has some very interesting and innovative point of views, but he's kinda of a megalomaniac, and the industry is a harsh environment for that right now. Take Sakurai, for instance. He is a great legacy director at Nintendo, that manages to balance his projects with big hitters (Smash Bros) and some great well made lower budget projects, like Kirby Air Riders 2, that don't need to sell much to break even, but keep the console catalog going regardless. Kojima is more art than business oriented, he's been controversial regarding budget and deadlines ever since Konami, and Xbox, in a time of cutting costs, is willing to bet on him?
I don't know, all 3 parties seem very delusional regarding their own expectations.
@Fiendish-Beaver I understand where you're coming from with the parenting analogy, but hum, politics are definitely not as simple as that. The free market works when you want to get things for cheaper, but it also works when company wants to monetize on every little aspect of the product. Many countries who have higher taxes and some level of control over not only services offered as products, but food quality, housing prices and workers protection laws ensure changes like that won't affect consumers as much. You can't have it all in the end. But this kind of discerning pricing will surely affect the US more than most for their loose overall laws in the next few years, we better prepare for that.
@Tasuki honestly, if I worked for a MS studio at this point, I would just do my job as slowly as I can so I can keep my job for another couple of months lol anyone not doing that and hoping they don't get axed are either very naive, or very dumb
@themightyant do you realize you repeated the same points he made clear, but considered his some "poor rant", and yours valid and truthful? The difference is, in his opinion, Gamepass is part of the equation, not in yours. There is really no way to know clearly who's right, but it's disingenuous to stimulate hate one everyone who doesn't think like you at every level
Comments 7
Re: Roundup: Here's What The Critics Have To Say About Gears Of War: E-Day
The reviews are all really good, but I'll wait until MS releases another banner to get gamepass for a month and play it.
I'm glad the franchise is on track, I had lots of fun with coop in a couple of past entries, it's one of the few FPS I really enjoy
Re: Gears Of War: E-Day Download Sizes Revealed On Xbox & PC, And They're As Big As A Brumak
I'm looking forward to reading some reviews to get a feeling of what to expect, is there a date for the review embargo to be lifted?
Re: Sony Dropped Kojima's 'PHYSINT' Over Budget, Profits & Timed Exclusivity Concerns, Sources Say
There is so much I can't understand regarding this move. I understand Sony wanting more exclusives, but we've seen with Death Stranding 2 that Kojima games being exclusives is not enough for the budget they take. Isn't it better to release it multiplataform than just lose money and not release at all?
Then Xbox picks up a very expensive project when they've been shutting down studios and firing people for the last few years. If the plan is to make it an Xbox exclusive, there is no way it's even gonna break even. For a company that's been so focused on controlling costs, justify this funding is very out of character. And if it's not exclusive, they're basically funding a game for Playstation.
And finally, Kojima. The guy is a genius, has some very interesting and innovative point of views, but he's kinda of a megalomaniac, and the industry is a harsh environment for that right now. Take Sakurai, for instance. He is a great legacy director at Nintendo, that manages to balance his projects with big hitters (Smash Bros) and some great well made lower budget projects, like Kirby Air Riders 2, that don't need to sell much to break even, but keep the console catalog going regardless.
Kojima is more art than business oriented, he's been controversial regarding budget and deadlines ever since Konami, and Xbox, in a time of cutting costs, is willing to bet on him?
I don't know, all 3 parties seem very delusional regarding their own expectations.
Re: Xbox Is Telling Some People They Don't Need To Worry About Cloud Gaming Time Limits
@Fiendish-Beaver I understand where you're coming from with the parenting analogy, but hum, politics are definitely not as simple as that. The free market works when you want to get things for cheaper, but it also works when company wants to monetize on every little aspect of the product.
Many countries who have higher taxes and some level of control over not only services offered as products, but food quality, housing prices and workers protection laws ensure changes like that won't affect consumers as much.
You can't have it all in the end. But this kind of discerning pricing will surely affect the US more than most for their loose overall laws in the next few years, we better prepare for that.
Re: Halo Studios Suffers Job Losses Shortly After Campaign Evolved Launch
@Tasuki honestly, if I worked for a MS studio at this point, I would just do my job as slowly as I can so I can keep my job for another couple of months lol anyone not doing that and hoping they don't get axed are either very naive, or very dumb
Re: Obsidian, id Software & Others Confirmed To Be Affected By Xbox Layoffs
"Lost 64 cents for every dollar we invested"
I'm so curious to see how people are gonna deny this claim, and twist it into some good news
Re: 'Race To The Bottom Pricing' Isn't Advisable For Xbox Game Pass, Suggests BG3 Director
@themightyant do you realize you repeated the same points he made clear, but considered his some "poor rant", and yours valid and truthful?
The difference is, in his opinion, Gamepass is part of the equation, not in yours. There is really no way to know clearly who's right, but it's disingenuous to stimulate hate one everyone who doesn't think like you at every level