Update #2 (Sat 26th Jun, 2021 11:05 BST): Server maintenance is now complete!
Update (Sat 26th Jun, 2021 10:15 BST): The Sea of Thieves servers are now offline. In the meantime, you can take a look at the full patch notes for hotfix 18.104.22.168 - and yes, there are fixes for The Sunken Pearl! There's also a lot more:
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life - Version 22.214.171.124
As a result of feedback from the community, this release predominantly targets a number of improvements and fixes to ‘The Sunken Pearl’ Tall Tale when multiple crews are playing through the experience together.
‘The Sunken Pearl’ Multi-Crew Improvements
- During the Battle of the Silver Blade, resource barrels will now be restocked each time the encounter is reset.
- When a crew completes the Tall Tale and leaves the shrine, it will now reset more quickly, allowing subsequent crews to progress through the Tale.
- The Chest of Everlasting Sorrow will now respawn at a faster rate once taken by a crew, allowing subsequent crews to retrieve a chest.
- When reloading a ranged weapon, sprinting or stowing will now correctly interrupt the animation and restart it again once the weapon is raised.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Upon locating Jack’s Compass, it will now direct players more closely to the correct location to make progress.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When a crew progresses through the Silver Blade battle location, the Siren Threshold will now correctly reset, allowing another crew to enter.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When a crew progresses through the Siren Queen encounter location, the Siren Threshold will now correctly reset, allowing another crew to enter.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When restarting the Tale from Chapter Four, the coral needing to be activated to open the door is now correctly lit.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Ocean Crawlers appearing during the encounter will no longer emerge from the same location and stand in the same spot.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Leaving the Tunnels of the Damned and starting this Tale in the same session will no longer cause the Siren Spire to become hidden when approaching.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – The ‘An Eternal Pirate Life’ and ‘A Pirate’s Life For Me’ achievements now require the correct criteria when progressing through the Tale.
- When a Crab emerges during a Tall Tale or emergent encounter, it will now show its full animation and not move immediately into an attack.
- Equipping the Eternal Freedom Cannons on the Brigantine will now allow players to fire themselves out at the correct angle.
Performance and Stability
- Improved rate of successful server migrations when reaching the end of the Tunnels of the Damned in ‘A Pirate’s Life’ and ‘Captains of the Damned’ Tall Tales.
- Improved client stability when travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned.
- Improved server stability, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
Ship Surface Collision Issues
- After starting a Tall Tale, there is a chance that the crew will be unable to board their ship and will fall through into the sea. For now, players experiencing this can resolve it by leaving the game and starting a new session.
‘A Pirate’s Life’ Tall Tale – Joining in Progress
- Joining a crew who have already made progress through checkpoints in the first Tale will spawn players in the incorrect location. For the lost player, dying and returning will bring them to the correct location in the Tale.
Tunnels of the Damned – Rejoining a Session
- While travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned, losing your connection to the game and rejoining may cause visual issues and cause the migration to the new area to fail, returning you to your starting location.
New Tall Tale Commendations – Tale Visibility
- Players are able to browse Commendations for ‘The Sunken Pearl’ and ‘Dark Brethren’ Tall Tales before they have completed the preceding Tale. To prevent the experience from being spoiled, avoid reading ahead!
Plunder Pass Reward Unlocking Issue
- Players who have purchased the Season Three Plunder Pass may find that rewards are not immediately unlocked when the appropriate level of Seasonal progression is reached. Logging out and back in should resolve this and cause the unlocked item to appear in the relevant chest.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
Xbox Series X: 3.66 GB
Xbox Series S: 3.2 GB
Xbox One X: 3.66 GB
Xbox One: 3.2 GB
Windows 10: 3.08 GB
Steam: 2.03 GB
Original story (Sat 26th Jun, 2021 06:55 BST): It's been an exciting week for Sea of Thieves - with the release of the new Pirates of the Caribbean Tall Tales expansion.
Unfortunately, there have been ongoing issues with this five-part series since it went live, and it looks like Rare will finally be delivering some sort of hotfix later today from around 10 AM BST:
The main problem with this expansion right now is 'The Sunken Pearl' Tall Tale (chapter 2). Rare has already said it was working on a hotfix to improve the experience for pirates, so hopefully, the update addresses this.
When this hotfix goes live later today, we'll update this post. Have you managed to get past the second Tall Tale yet? Leave a comment down below.